Dec 18, 2018, 09:30 PM
3RN13
Well if Guillow's will allow us to use the graphic I have it on the entry form...looks nice!

The gal at Guillow's is checking on this for me, hopefully we'll know something by tomorrow.

Ernie
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2018, 08:46 AM
3RN13
Howdy Boys

Looks like we have the go ahead on logo use.

- A person can use this logo for their own 'project' or on a flier

-for a local flying club flyer/event. We have no problem with that.

-But we ask they please refrain from using this logo on any 'for profit' or

-'resale' type product. "Balsa Flies BETTER" is a slogan used by Guillow's

-and associated with our flying model kits.

-Susan Murphy

-Customer Service

-Paul K Guillow,Inc.

Ernie
Last edited by ernie b; Dec 19, 2018 at 08:56 AM.
Dec 19, 2018, 10:02 AM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
Ernie beat me to it. I also received an email this morning giving us the green light to use the logo on promotional stuff and the like. They even sent me an official PDF document to use. So it looks like we are good to go.

Wayne
Dec 19, 2018, 10:40 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
I plan on being there for at least some of it. As much as I can for sure.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Dec 19, 2018, 12:03 PM
Good to see Guillows is still in business and answering e-mail...I know a lot of guys are converting their kits to micro R/C.
Dec 19, 2018, 09:11 PM
Where is this held? I went to Ray's website and read about it, rules etc. but didn't notice location.
Dec 19, 2018, 09:14 PM
3RN13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbound
Where is this held? I went to Ray's website and read about it, rules etc. but didn't notice location.
Muncie
Dec 20, 2018, 09:27 AM
Thanks!
Dec 20, 2018, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
Kurt,

Hope you can make it - even if not for the full three days - a lot of fun.

I should get feedback soon on the site request so folks can plan in earnest.

Jim V
Dec 21, 2018, 06:48 PM
3RN13
Sorry, bad joke

Ernie
Last edited by ernie b; Dec 22, 2018 at 10:05 AM.
Dec 28, 2018, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Gents,

An update of sorts just to keep you informed. My daughter informed me the other day that her graduation from college is 1 June, 2019. Oh dear - I must go.

As such, when I applied for the AMA site, it was for 7,8,9 June (Primary) with backup dates of 14,15, 16 June. The AMA lady said those dates look good but they are finalizing all requests. I hope to find out early in Jan 2019 to finalize.

I wanted to wait until I had firm dates to send out this note, but also wanted you to know that I am still actively working the issues and will publish final plans when AMA responds to me.

I apologize for the potential date changes - but these are the dates I can support.

Thanks,

Jim Vanderzyl
Dec 28, 2018, 10:12 AM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
The JR Aerotow event is scheduled for Muncie from June 12 - 16th. It could be cool to overlap with them. We probably would not be flying from site 3 as the aerotow guys would probably be using the runway. But it could be fun to be there and see the big scale planes while flying our wooden creations. Heck, some of them might be woodies too.

Wayne
Dec 28, 2018, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Wayne,

Yes - they indicated Site 4 as our likely location. It actually looks pretty nice down there to the South part of the AMA complex.

Jim
Dec 28, 2018, 10:37 AM
Though, if it was that weekend which would I choose to do Wayne? I don’t know if I can do back to back weekends to Muncie either if it ends up being the 7-9th uggh!
Dec 28, 2018, 11:14 AM
My daughter is getting married on June 16th...I kinda have to go to that as well

June 7-9 is a slight possibility, but less than 50% for me.

Anyway- I have flown at site #4, it's not bad at all. The AMA used to have what they called the "Homecoming" weekend there on site 4. It is just north of that small airport, so all gliders will need to fly out in front of the flight line, but you face North and no sun in your eyes all day, not a bad site at all...

Quick Reply