Dec 17, 2018, 08:32 PM
Play loud, Fly high

Winches etc.

Assuming I don’t have a health relapse (things are going great so far!) I will be there with two winches, a mini hi-start, and a truckload of planes. Thanks so much for taking over the reins. I just unboxed an AstroFlight ASW-17 and have a few other projects in mind.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2018, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
Gil,

Thatís great - keep feeling better!

Jim V
Dec 17, 2018, 11:31 PM
The logo appeared on both Guillows and Comet kits for sure. Not sure about others. Not sure if there's any copyright/trademark involved.
Dec 17, 2018, 11:39 PM
Balsa Dust Vs Foam Dust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie b
Jim

I was working with Ray last year on forms, but I left one on my PC at work and did not forward it to my home PC, so tomorrow (12/18) I will send you a copy of the registration form, entry list and scorecards. Should save you a ton of work. All forms are in Excel and easy to modify if you so desire.

Ernie
The 2018 form is still up on Ray's Web page if that helps
Dec 18, 2018, 03:46 AM
The logo in post 8 used to appear on Comet rubber powered balsa airplane kits. If memory serves, Guillow bought them out and dropped almost all the kits. So I don't know if the logo is in the public domain or if Guillow has the rights, or what.
Dec 18, 2018, 06:31 AM
3RN13
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_tech
The 2018 form is still up on Ray's Web page if that helps
Good morning Joe

It did help, I "borrowed" from the website yesterday and moved the information into a spreadsheet to clean it up.

Legibility is much improved.

Ernie
Dec 18, 2018, 08:36 AM
Jim
My father Bill and I will plan on being there along with our friend Rick Rensi with trailer full of woodies
Dec 18, 2018, 08:48 AM
3RN13
Good morning Balsa Flyers

Jim V. should have all the files he needs from WoodCrafters 2018 as a template for 2019 Balsa Flyers.

Ernie
Dec 18, 2018, 11:24 AM
Jim V
My father bill grenoble and our friend rick rensi will plan to be there with trailer full of birds
Dec 18, 2018, 12:03 PM
3RN13
I've e-mailed Guillow's to check on copyright status of the logo...we'll see what they have to say.

Ernie
Dec 18, 2018, 12:22 PM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
I also sent them an email simply asking if we could use the logo in promotional flyers. We will see what they say.

Wayne
Dec 18, 2018, 12:47 PM
Wayne, maybe this is the perfect time we can finally have our One winch contest? Or maybe have a One Winch only event?
Dec 18, 2018, 03:57 PM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
Oh man, now you got me thinkng.... If we could borrow Mr. Kites we would have 4 of them. Hmmmmm.........
Dec 18, 2018, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence
Oh man, now you got me thinkng.... If we could borrow Mr. Kites we would have 4 of them. Hmmmmm.........
It would be even better if we could, and I bet we could, talk Tim (2motheous)to joining us as well. I know he's stopped producing them but still it be a hoot to have him there.
Dec 18, 2018, 06:07 PM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
I’m going to hop onto this thread so that I am informed of any updates.

I’ve always had on my bucket list to attend a Woodcrafter event.

I’m hoping to convince my better half this would make a nice departure from the norm. I have enough woodies ready to fly and am hoping to have a couple more by the time of the event.

Thanks for jumping in and taking over. Congratulations on your passing of your CD certification.

Fingers are crossed to join in this year.

Kurt

Quick Reply