Feb 01, 2019, 03:03 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Are all motors running in the right direction? And when you check in BetaFlight, first tab, does the 3D model on screen follow the movements of the quad, when you hold it and move it? If the board orientation for instance is not set correctly, it will not be able to fly.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2019, 05:59 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Are all motors running in the right direction? And when you check in BetaFlight, first tab, does the 3D model on screen follow the movements of the quad, when you hold it and move it? If the board orientation for instance is not set correctly, it will not be able to fly.
Thanks for your reply. I have just verified that the 3D model on screen responds correctly. I also believe that the board orientation is correct. I relied heavily on the build video posted earlier in this thread, and mine looks like that. Battery wires to the rear, ESC motor wires on the sides.

You may be on to something with the motor direction. I just ran the motors up on the Motors tab and noticed something. Mine are set up opposite to what shows on BG. See below:

Mine: 1-ccw, 2-cw, 3-cw, 4-ccw
BF: 1-cw, 2-ccw, 3-ccw. 4-cw

I would have thought that as long as the diagonals are going the same way, it's OK. But the opposite setup from what BetaFlight expects may be the answer. The motors are marked, but I think could be reversed by switching two of each ESC wire.

Thanks for your help. John

BTW, the reason I set it up this way is that it is shown in sketches on the Quick Start guide. All the sketches show the #4 as ccw. And one of the screen shots of BF show the opposite set up. So it could be wrong, but it reflects the manual.
Last edited by jhark37; Feb 01, 2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: new information
Feb 01, 2019, 06:24 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Earlier in this thread I posted my concerns about solder linking the SBUS or PPM pads. After a lot of discussion ended up with PPM, as that was recommended by BG-Wilson. Wondering if that is the cause? I'm using a Spektrum-clone satellite Rx.

John
Feb 01, 2019, 04:14 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Can anyone help, please? I'm dead in the water here and haven't a clue as to where to even look or start.

Thanks, John
Feb 01, 2019, 04:53 PM
I don't know how to wire up the receiver to this board, haven't built this quad. But motor directions in BetaFlight should match the actual direction of the motors. Stock setup is "props in", which means the front left motor runs cw, front right runs ccw, rear left ccw, and rear right cw. You can change motor directions by swapping two motor wires on ESC, or using BlHeli Configurator, to reverse motor direction with a setting.
Feb 01, 2019, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37
Can anyone help, please? I'm dead in the water here and haven't a clue as to where to even look or start.

Thanks, John
John, just go into the betaflight configuration screen and choose reverse prop directions. It’s known as props out. Keeps grass and leaf shmutz out of the camera lens. Or you can go into BLHeli and change the prop direction on all the motors. I personally prefer props out.
Feb 02, 2019, 08:19 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
John, just go into the betaflight configuration screen and choose reverse prop directions. Itís known as props out. Keeps grass and leaf shmutz out of the camera lens. Or you can go into BLHeli and change the prop direction on all the motors. I personally prefer props out.
Hi, Mitchie,

Sure appreciate your comments. You were absolutely correct! Once I ticked that box, it flew fine.

Thanks, John
Feb 02, 2019, 08:21 AM
No problemo! It’s much easier now than it was just a year ago.
Feb 02, 2019, 08:24 AM
Wow! I just noticed my post count.... I sure seem to talk a lot! LOL
Feb 03, 2019, 03:32 AM
Anybody here experience death rolls when flying this drone? Happened to me many times already. Tried increasing min throttle but still getting death rolls.
Feb 05, 2019, 10:55 PM
I just received mine and it looks like eachine have substituted a cheaper camera than the one the Andy RC reviewed. Mine is only 3 pin without OSD limited to 12v. His was 4 pin with OSD limited to what appears to be 40V (bit hard to read).

It annoys me when companies supply better quality stuff for review than they sell to actual paying customers. What camera did you receive?
Feb 05, 2019, 11:53 PM
?ugger me they supplied the cable to connect to a 4 pin camera with an OSD and not the 3 pin camera they sent.....
Feb 06, 2019, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAndBash
I just received mine and it looks like eachine have substituted a cheaper camera than the one the Andy RC reviewed. Mine is only 3 pin without OSD limited to 12v. His was 4 pin with OSD limited to what appears to be 40V (bit hard to read).

It annoys me when companies supply better quality stuff for review than they sell to actual paying customers. What camera did you receive?
This might be why some reviewers liked the cam and other reviewers hated it
Feb 06, 2019, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAndBash

Eachine probably considers both cameras interchangeable, except overlooking one important detail, the connector...
Feb 06, 2019, 05:31 AM
Same here! Got the 3 pin cam and 4 pin wire except I can do better. The stack was not assembled and the esc was just loose in the box without even an anti static bag!

Quick Reply