Sep 09, 2019, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
OK, here are the pin connections I eventually wheedled out from Banggood!

Next thing will be to find out what the led (now red, blue and green) setup sequence is!

*edit - using method by oldgazer from post 216 works for me but requires LC filter as there's motor noise so i searched for the cable from my apm autopilot cable piles and connect on the pin beside video pin on both side instead. Yeayy thanks bro
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=216

Hey Norman, i have the exact same one as yours, which i received in Aug. Different that any build video i found.

Already soldered TX1 on the FC to RX on the VTX, selected TBS smartaudio on periphirals of UART2, the SENT shows there are packet yet i can't configure the Smartaudio, maybe this VTX doesn't support SA?

And here's my video of it running on Dison Cinewhoop.
Eachine Tyro79 on Dison Cinewhoop! (12 min 36 sec)
Last edited by edwardjohn; Sep 10, 2019 at 01:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 12:55 PM
Official Old Git!
Have you worked out how to set up the VTx via button presses?

Banggood say they haven't received an answer from their supplier.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:10 AM
I'm new to the hobby so please excuse me if this is a silly question but could someone tell or show me how to get smartaudio working?

My FC has a cable with 3 wires (4 connections, 1 unused) going to the VTX. Can I place an additional cable in the connector to get smartaudio working and where would that cable go in the VTX side of the connector which has more connections?

Or do I need to solder something to get smartaudio working?

I'm using Frsky and SBUS with the XM+ if that makes any difference.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:52 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Smart Audio needs to be connected to a communication port, a so called UART. So you need to determine for this flight controller, what solder pads or connectors are used for each UART, and which if these UART ports is still free. For instance a receiver uses a UART, to allow the receiver to communicate with the flight controller, so that port will no longer be available for Smart Audio.

If you have found a free UART, you need to connect the Smart Audio wire of the VTX to the TX pin of that UART.

Here's a generic example of a VTX being connected to FC for VTX control, in this case using UART3, and thus being connected to TX3:

As final step, in BetaFlight Configurator App, you need to select the UART that you have connected to VTX, and set to Smart Audio, or Tramp protocol, depending on which one the VTX supports, then save, and you should have it working.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 23, 2019, 03:08 PM
FA3PR9WM79

Done with the POS flight controller...

I've had it with this thing. When it flies I love it, but for some strange reason this FC has some serious "bit creep". I can fly it for a couple of days straight but on the third or fourth day the OSD goes blank, and the only way to get it back is to flash the firmware. I've had to do this several times now, but no more.

I have an "old" Omnibus F4 V3 Pro in a 250 that is rock solid, but this MaTek 411 is just plain crap, so I'm looking for advice about a replacement that will fit.

Quick Reply