Apr 15, 2019, 08:53 AM
Nu2RC
Thanks for sharing.

Looks great! I bought the Night Radian a short while ago but haven't unboxed it yet. The snow is still on the ground here, but once it melts and the ground becomes walkable, I'm looking forward to flying it.

Would hate to have the lights fail in mid-flight. "Where is that darned plane anyhow!"

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2019, 09:45 AM
Life Long Modeler
Jason - will Horizon be bringing back the standard Radian? Such a nice plane and the price was right. I know the demand is there (as evidenced on numerous threads

I don't plan on ever flying at dusk or night (mosquitos around here would carry me off at that time of the day). Unless I pick one of these up really cheap, I wont get one. I already have all the other family members to include (2 ea PZ Radians).
Apr 16, 2019, 09:58 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Not sure. I hope so, but I’m not privy to their release plans.
Apr 16, 2019, 10:26 AM
Life Long Modeler
Thanks for the reply
May 23, 2019, 11:23 PM
I review RC Products
This is my first official Night Flight caught on camera with my E-flite Night Radian

E-flite Night Radian RC Glider - FT 2M Powered Sailplane Night Flight (4 min 55 sec)
May 31, 2019, 02:59 AM
What an awesome plane. Loved it till I got it stuck in a tree. Lol
Jun 02, 2019, 11:23 PM
Go fly a jet today
Mine arrived yesterday, it's still in the shipping box, no time to open and fly it till this thursday, my daughter can't wait to fly it at night and try all the different color patterns.

I will be adding the switch sold to control the lights from the receiver.
Jun 02, 2019, 11:27 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailbonds
What an awesome plane. Loved it till I got it stuck in a tree. Lol
Oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARS II
Mine arrived yesterday, it's still in the shipping box, no time to open and fly it till this thursday, my daughter can't wait to fly it at night and try all the different color patterns.

I will be adding the switch sold to control the lights from the receiver.
I highly recommend to maiden it during the day to get a feel for it. Also, when it flies directly at you at night, it is very hard to orient.

I hope you and your daughter have amazing flights with it!

GB
Jun 02, 2019, 11:52 PM
Go fly a jet today
RGB, you are correct on all counts, the other night I was flying a friend's night flyer and flying it straight to me was interesting, I couldn't tell which way it was going, it was a new challange for me, yes, I'm planing to fly one of my other airplanes on Thursday afternoon then later that afternoon we will maiden it, I will set the CG at 3.5 inches from the leading edge like my first one ( had a Radiant 4 years ago, gave it to an older friend )

I hope we do have many hours of fun with it, she is 13 and this is the first time she has demonstrated any interest in flying rc.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will report back Thursday night
Last edited by CARS II; Jun 02, 2019 at 11:57 PM.
Jul 04, 2019, 09:12 AM
I just picked up a used radian. They said everything worked but my lights arenít working.

Has anyone experienced trouble with the controller, module or the (I assume to be) voltage regulator between the controller and battery plug?
What voltage do the lights run on?
Jul 04, 2019, 09:29 AM
Do all the lights need to be connected to work or can I leave the wings unplugged while troubleshooting?
I unsoldered the switch. Still no joy
Jul 05, 2019, 10:31 AM
The lights didn’t work when plugged in. Turns out it is what I assume to be the BEC (what you plug the lipo into before the controller with the buttons)

Can someone tell me what the output voltage from the BEC/regulator is? The voltage going into the controller with the buttons.

Is it 5v or do the lights run off 12v like normal LED strips?
Jan 12, 2020, 10:50 AM
FYI

At the recommended CG the Radian was very tail heavy.
After a few flights I set CG to 88mm or 3.5" and now it flies like a dream. Slow andsteady

Quick Reply