This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 15, 2018, 02:05 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

E-Flite Carbon T-28 Trojan - Retract Punch Through Wing!

Guys,

As reported a few pages back, I have noticed that the Left wing had what appeared to be Hangar Rash but, WAIT a Second...................a closer look yield an UGLY thing known as Retract Almost Punch Through syndrome Certainly, we all know that I am the 3rd owner so, who knows what happened before my ownership. ALL I KNOW "IS" I have been pretty gentle with this model and it lands like a docile Trainer but, yes these Retracts / Struts don't give so, the landings have to be picture perfect. Otherwise, the motor end of the Retract tends to bend into a THIN PIECE of foam and you will see it protrude on the top side of the wing!

Okay, finally had some time to do this and the only way was coming home from work and taking a lap for 2 hours and now I am refreshed and doing an ALL NIGHT-ER of sorts and I feel like a Freight Train and going to town with this model. I am pretty happy with my results and the ONLY MOD was to insert a 1/16th Basswood inside where the Left Retract goes and insert this piece at the deep end of the wing where there's sufficient foam (Strength) and using WHITE Glue to keep it stay! Additionally, using two small washers, I was able to lift the Motor End of the Retract some so, it will have a higher sitting and not tend to go directly and punch through so easily. I am hoping that the Basswood would keep it from punching through during a hard landing.

What I am amazed "IS" the rather THIN PIECE of FOAM in this area of the WING!

A few Pictures!
Last edited by PittSpecial; Dec 15, 2018 at 02:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply