Dec 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer146
The weather is supposed to be very nice next week and I promised myself that I would put away the ranch work(off for the week from the paying job) and get a flight in or two! I will post videos, even if it is only the Storch. Merry Christmas from the Cold Ass Ranch!

David
Good on yea David, look forward to seeing you flying again mate

Lockey
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2019, 01:28 AM
Hi Guys and a Happy New Year to everyone

I have been working on the Long Easy a bit today .. decided to put landing gear on this one for a change

Thought I would have a go at printing my own undercarriage .. not sure how long it will last .. I usually make a wire one that is quick removable in case it comes in a bit heavy it simply flicks off

Lockey
Jan 10, 2019, 01:39 AM
This is the undercarriage I usually use .. it simply flicks off on a heavy landing

Lockey
Jan 10, 2019, 02:02 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Looking good Lockey! Your landing are usually good buddy. Sometimes a little steep maybe
Jan 10, 2019, 04:06 AM
Thanks Duke .. She is ready for Maiden ... 505 grams before battery

Lockey

PS, Duke .. still waiting for my PC to see if I have the Firefox saved .. fingers crossed
Last edited by Lockey; Jan 10, 2019 at 05:47 AM.
Jan 10, 2019, 07:12 AM
PSALM 14:1
Looks great, best of luck on the maiden flight
Latest blog entry: Swap
Jan 10, 2019, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Looks great, best of luck on the maiden flight
Thanks Sammy70, thought I would trim it a little .. just coloured packaging tape

Lockey
Jan 10, 2019, 07:28 AM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Nice!
Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 AM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Thanks Sammy70, thought I would trim it a little .. just coloured packaging tape

Lockey

looks like a million bucks ! happy flying !
Jan 10, 2019, 10:22 AM
Quote:

Lockey
Even better!

Id like to do one about twice that size
Jan 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys

Sammy, even though its a metre wing span it does seem quite small .. not sure about TWICE the size but certainly a bit bigger .. 2 metre wing span would be a hell of a size

Lockey
Jan 10, 2019, 09:41 PM
Retired CAD guy
Two part removable wings so it can be transported.

I will be happy to do a Scale up and make sure that the Slots and tabs are appropriately sized.
And all layed out on MPF sheet format.
Especially now that Tony is PC challenged, for a while.

It will be about 5-6 weeks hence but we'll "git er dun" !

Tony and I can plan this out in 13 days Personally and face to face ! ;^}

Please just have patience.

Bob
Jan 10, 2019, 10:29 PM
Quote:

Sammy, even though its a metre wing span it does seem quite small ..
Wow, I had forgotten this was a 1metre / 39" wingspan--looks much smaller in the pics.

In that case, you're right--double that would be too big for me.

I'd like to see/do one with a ~50" wingspan. Something I could fit/use 2200mah 3s with a strong 2200Kv motor and a nose retract.
Jan 10, 2019, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Wow, I had forgotten this was a 1metre / 39" wingspan--looks much smaller in the pics.

In that case, you're right--double that would be too big for me.

I'd like to see/do one with a ~50" wingspan. Something I could fit/use 2200mah 3s with a strong 2200Kv motor and a nose retract.
Yes it actually does look quite small Sammy ... 50" sounds just about right and I like the idea of front retract

If you have a 3D printer, I will also include the STL files for the hatch I think it might have to be made in 3 bits though at that size ... I have re drawn it so the front base part can be done in white so only the cockpit is black .. although guess it could have been painted

Amazing how much bigger it looks at 50" wing span

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Jan 10, 2019 at 10:51 PM.
Jan 10, 2019, 11:32 PM
I thought the reason for it being parked with its nose down was to enable the pilot and/or passenger to get in and out easier .. but it seems

Q. Why is the nose retracted while parked?

A. Without the pilot in the aircraft, there is not enough weight in the nose to insure it will not tip back on the prop and rudders.
Parking nose down prevents this.
A small rubber bumper under the nose provides a very effective parking brake.

Lockey

Also another interesting one .. Cozy Mk IV
Last edited by Lockey; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply