Thread Tools
Dec 16, 2018, 03:41 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
Looks fantastic mate! I read through the FT thread and your CG mark looks to be in the correct ball park.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2018, 04:40 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Looks fantastic mate! I read through the FT thread and your CG mark looks to be in the correct ball park.
Thanks Duke, have done a few more refinements .. sunk motor into fuz and made mods to the ailerons .. almost ready to rock and roll mate

Lockey
Dec 16, 2018, 05:01 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
Hey mate I see a servo up front! Are you planning to have the canard do the pitch?..... that would be cool!...
Dec 16, 2018, 05:09 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Hey mate I see a servo up front! Are you planning to have the canard do the pitch?..... that would be cool!...
Yes mate, ailerons are ailerons and elevators are on the canard .. hope its gona work

G-codes are done ready for cutting on the CNC .. as I think I said earlier, its designed for HK 5mm foam .. personally I am using 5mm Hobby King foam for the bendy bits .. wings, fuselage sides, bottom and top and hatch .. all formers, ailerons, canards and elevators I am making from 6mm Depron with a 6mm balsa spar in the wing

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Dec 16, 2018 at 05:17 AM.
Dec 16, 2018, 05:18 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
Sweeeeet..... Don't know if you've see this one mate? This is an awesome video of the FT boys working on a canard ..."plane"??? LOL..
It will give a laugh for sure.... I didn't expect it to fly,,, let alone fly this well.
enjoy
Building and Flying a Car Sized Tank! (14 min 35 sec)
Dec 16, 2018, 05:39 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
[QUOTE=Dukejet;40690761]Sweeeeet..... Don't know if you've see this one mate? This is an awesome video of the FT boys working on a canard ..."plane"??? LOL..
It will give a laugh for sure.... I didn't expect it to fly,,, let alone fly this well.
enjoy

Mate .. thats freakin awesome .. them FT guys are something else eh !! only one word for it .. FANTAZMAGORICAL

Lockey
Dec 16, 2018, 05:55 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
Thought it might get you inspired .... Now get to work!! LOL...
Going to try and get some prints done tonight while at work We've got a plotter here that I hope is ready and working.

You've put together a really great design mate. Simply the best looking Long Easy that's been attempted that I've seen. Can't wait to see you build pics.
Dec 16, 2018, 06:11 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Thought it might get you inspired .... Now get to work!! LOL...
Going to try and get some prints done tonight while at work We've got a plotter here that I hope is ready and working.

You've put together a really great design mate. Simply the best looking Long Easy that's been attempted that I've seen. Can't wait to see you build pics.
Might even put ....... wait for it ....... landing gear on this one .. guess I will need another servo for steerable nose wheel

Yup .. found me some wheels, might just have to print me up an undercarriage on my 3D printer

Never done this before .. so its a first for me, print an undercarriage .. let you know how it goes and if its a success

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Dec 16, 2018 at 07:02 AM.
Dec 16, 2018, 07:21 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
WTFerrit! you got a 3D printer??.... Man you got all the gear
I'm thinking motor mounts, pilots, spinners, servo trays,......... imagination going wild :P
Dec 16, 2018, 07:33 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
WTFerrit! you got a 3D printer??.... Man you got all the gear
I'm thinking motor mounts, pilots, spinners, servo trays,......... imagination going wild :P
Got it before I moved (about 9 months ago) just got it set up a few days ago Duke and been playing with it a bit .. did a couple of pilots .. lots of free gear here .. https://www.thingiverse.com .. try doing a search .. for instance, put in SERVO and you will get a million things come up

Lockey
Dec 16, 2018, 08:08 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Lockey,
A very nice looking model indeed!

Don't you just love how 3D printing is a natural enhancement to building foamies?

Ken
Dec 16, 2018, 08:21 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Lockey,
A very nice looking model indeed!

Don't you just love how 3D printing is a natural enhancement to building foamies?

Ken
Thanks mate, hope she flies good too .. I am beginning to think so Ken 3d printing things that is

Landing gear came out OK but I think it might have to be a bit thicker (made it 2mm thick and its very squishy) maybe have to go to 4mm ??

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Dec 16, 2018 at 08:43 AM.
Dec 16, 2018, 09:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Thanks JureZ .. ( see pic ... does this look about right ?

Hows this Duke ? (see pic)

Lockey
After looking at your figures it seems that some entries are not correct.

Following is what I guess it should be:

Wing Root Chord (AA) should be: 206 + (233 - 69) = 370 mm
Wing Sweep Distance 1 (SS) should be: 315 - 69 = 246 mm
Wing Sweep Distance 2 (SS2) should be: 144 mm

With the figures above I get CG location at 253.35 mm

.
Dec 16, 2018, 09:11 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Dukejet's Avatar
Man that was quick!! Yes try 3mm with a central ridge at 4mm... ?? just thinking allowed
Dec 16, 2018, 09:36 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Lockey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfly2
After looking at your figures it seems that some entries are not correct.

Following is what I guess it should be:

Wing Root Chord (AA) should be: 206 + (233 - 69) = 370 mm
Wing Sweep Distance 1 (SS) should be: 315 - 69 = 246 mm
Wing Sweep Distance 2 (SS2) should be: 144 mm

With the figures above I get CG location at 253.35 mm

.
WOW .. you are right funfly2, thanks for watching my back mate, that could have been disastrous flying with the CG so far back over 40mm phew

See new calc, please feel free to check it agaim

Lockey


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review General Hobby .46 size Long EZ ARF rutanman Scale ARF/RTF 9 Oct 18, 2018 05:43 PM
Help! ST. Croix Models Long - EZ ..(Need MANUAL) luis94 The Builders Workshop 2 Feb 24, 2017 08:12 PM
Help! ST. Croix Models Long - EZ ..(Need MANUAL).. luis94 Balsa Builders 0 Feb 14, 2017 07:25 PM
Build Log Rutan Long-EZ Scrathbuild esc.:1:8 Scratch Built DonAutogiro Scale Kit/Scratch Built 4 Nov 22, 2016 03:44 PM
Build Log "Hyper EZ" a Long EZ varient... mudman1959 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 11 Apr 25, 2009 05:03 AM