Mar 07, 2002, 08:54 PM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP

Ultimate Biplane Templates for Foam Construction Here

See the Ultimate Biplane Zip file in the referenced RUL for all templates for making the Ultimate Biplane from depron/meattray/fanfold/etc foam. This is a Speed 300 powered aerobatic elevator/aileron model that flies nicely. 24" wingspan, 18" length, 13ozAOW

http://geocities.com/hoppyfl

hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Aug 14, 2002 at 10:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2002, 12:20 AM
Where is the zip file? the URL points to a picture only?

Paul
Mar 08, 2002, 06:40 AM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP
Thanks Paul, guess I had a brain flameout.....
hoppy
Mar 08, 2002, 09:56 AM
Speed Demon
Hey Hoppy, great looking plane! Nice webpage as well. Have you posted this in "Foamies" yet? I'll leave it here for awhile to get some different exposure for you and then I'll move it to the "Foamies" forum. Good going and thanks for sharing.
Mar 08, 2002, 12:29 PM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP
Greg,
I posted it in foamies sometime ago...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...timate+biplane

Thought the sport plane guys might like it because it does do a lot of aerobatic stuff...no vertical tho!! It now has a Simprop Speed 300 in it which if the calculations and test bench results are right, should up the performance even more.

It also is quite repairable, even from headon ground contacts, so flyers looking for something to train aerobatics on don't have to worry about the plane.

Some thoughts between fixing a broken water line....ugh!

hoppy
Mar 09, 2002, 10:18 AM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP
Forgot to mention that it also flies well with GWS300, with an 8 cell 720mah NiMH pack. Roll rate is about 2/sec. Inverted is stable.

hoppy
Mar 09, 2002, 09:20 PM
It's a Great Day to Fly
hoppy,
Here is one I call the Almost Ultimate. 22" span, DXA. Great Minds eh.
len
Mar 14, 2002, 08:05 AM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP
Len,
The wings look flat in the picture.....r they? If they are, tell us about how it flies. You know, if a cambered wing will fly upside down, airfoil can't be too important at the slow speeds these planes fly at.
hoppy
Mar 17, 2002, 09:34 PM
Space Coast USA
Thread OP
Download problem fixed for Ultimate and Pitts zip files. Geocities stopped letting us reference our home page from another site.
Sorry for any inconvienence.
hoppy

Quick Reply