Dec 13, 2018, 05:40 AM
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Thread OP
Question

AMA 13 December "Emergency" EC Meeting?

Apparently, on 13 December there is scheduled to be an "Emergency" meeting of the EC.

Going back as far as 1999, the word "emergency" has never been used characterize an EC meeting. This was the first ever so titled. Anyone have an idea about the topic?

(Will have to log in first):
https://www.modelaircraft.org/execut...nd-information
Last edited by franklin_m; Dec 13, 2018 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Corrected so clear meeting is scheduled for today... 13 Dec 2018
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2018, 06:28 AM
Assuming you mean a year ago, and not in the wee hours of this morning (since you used past tense), I'd guess the FAA reauthorization. That's just a guess though.
Dec 13, 2018, 06:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Assuming you mean a year ago, and not in the wee hours of this morning (since you used past tense), I'd guess the FAA reauthorization. That's just a guess though.
Sorry, I just got back from overseas and my sense of day of week is bad.

Meeting is scheduled for TODAY and labeled "Emergency"
Dec 13, 2018, 08:17 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Well I hope they discuss the "new and improved" worthless website during this "emergency meeting". Maybe we can get a refund from the designers..................................
Mike
Dec 13, 2018, 08:54 AM
400' + is where fun starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
Well I hope they discuss the "new and improved" worthless website during this "emergency meeting". Maybe we can get a refund from the designers..................................
Mike
Only if they sign in first.
Dec 13, 2018, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Mike
On RCU, in a thread I created there, one well known individual said that an "emergency" meeting might have been called to share news of a 400 foot exemption. I find that hard to believe, I've NEVER seen an "emergency" meeting called to discuss good news.
Dec 13, 2018, 09:44 AM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_m
On RCU, in a thread I created there, one well known individual said that an "emergency" meeting might have been called to share news of a 400 foot exemption. I find that hard to believe, I've NEVER seen an "emergency" meeting called to discuss good news.
If I were to guess.....see my last post in the buried AMA Discussions forum.
Dec 13, 2018, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abel pranger
If I were to guess.....see my last post in the buried AMA Discussions forum.
Love to but RCG has other ideas............................................. ........................Got a error message......................... seems to be happening more and more here..

Mike
Dec 13, 2018, 12:44 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Quote:
Love to but RCG has other ideas............................................. ........................Got a error message......................... seems to be happening more and more here..

Mike
Did you get to this forum, Mike?
https://www.rcgroups.com/ama-academy...ronautics-180/
Dec 13, 2018, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Had to dig a bit but found it.
Thanks
Mike
Dec 14, 2018, 02:34 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Any word on this??
Dec 14, 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Not the AMA but I have attended an emergency meeting at work due to good news. It was a situation were we had to act or it would be for naught.
Dec 14, 2018, 04:14 PM
Quote:
So much for some new blood. We're in for more of the same old song and dance.

Mike
Dec 14, 2018, 04:34 PM
Heath
Quote:
I've NEVER seen an "emergency" meeting called to discuss good news.
Turns out an "emergency" EC meeting is just any meeting outside the normal meeting schedule, not some earth shattering catastrophic event. Surprising that a "expert" on all things AMA would not know that. On top of that the EC made the most reserved choice possible and picked the Interim Executive Director to fill the job.

Chicken Little meet The Boy Who Cried Wolf...

Quick Reply