Dec 12, 2018, 07:12 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

HOTA D6+ AC 300W DC 2X325W 2X15A Dual Channel Smart Battery Charger Discharger

https://www.banggood.com/HOTA-D6-AC-300W-DC-2X325W-2X15A-Dual-Channel-Smart-Battery-Charger-Discharger-p-1395954.html

Specification:

Brand: HOTA
Model NO.: D6+
Input Voltage: AC 100-240V / DC 6.5-30V
Charge Current: 0.1-15A X 2
Charge Power: DC 325W X 2
AC 300W(each channel up to 210W)
Discharge Power: Internal discharge:15W X 2(balance port 10WX2)
External discharge:325W X 2 (650W)
Battery Type: LiHv/LiPo/LiFe/Lilon/Lixx : 1-6S
NiZn/Nicd/NiMH : 1-16S
Smart Battery : 1-6S
Lead Acid(Pb) : 2-24V
Enelop : 1-16S
Balance Current: 1600mA X 2
Discharge Current: 0.1- 3A X 2
External Discharge Current: 1-15A X 2
USB Output: 5V / 2.1A
Storage Temperature: -20~60℃
Operating temperature: 0~40℃
Screen Size: 2.4"IPS 320X240 260000 colors
Dimensions: 98×161.5 ×67.5mm
Net Weight: 825g

Feature:

1.Wide-range AC/DC input and dual channel output
2.Digital charging management and aluminum body with dual fan for casier be cool.Faster and safer.
3.The 2.4 inches 260000 IPS display with the new simple UI and touch key.
4.The most advanced circuit design and charging algorithm ensures a much more reliable charging and discharging no matter at overvoltage,overcurrent.overtemperature,short circuit and other anomalies.
5.The innovative intelligent program fully supports smart batteries and all other different types of batteries.
6.Built-in micro USB connector for a much more casier and faster firmware upgrade.

Packaging Included:

1X HOTA D6+ Charger
Last edited by Merch; May 08, 2019 at 10:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2019, 08:46 PM
1. Cannot get regenerative discharge to work. Has anyone been success with the operation.
2. USB port connection to my computer does nothing. Not sure how I will be able to update the software.
3. Cannot find the PIN# for pairing to my phone or computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 20, 2019, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_corner
1. Cannot get regenerative discharge to work. Has anyone been success with the operation.
2. USB port connection to my computer does nothing. Not sure how I will be able to update the software.
3. Cannot find the PIN# for pairing to my phone or computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I got it today! Awesome charger and perfect calibrated out of the box. I measure voltages with aneng an8008 true rms multimeter.
1. Use external discharge. You have to use as input a "big" battery though. I use a lion 30 cells pack 6s5p 12.500mah. When i use external discharge it returns the voltage back to the main battery.
2. My windows pc WIN10 on usb 3 port found it as "hota d6 plus smart charger" and installed drivers automatic.
3. It casts normally bt with device name "charger-your name". Since the app is not out yet we cant just guess the pair pin. :P My last mail to hota was 2 weeks ago and they told me the app and whole instructions will be out after chinese new year holiday. So we have to wait.
Last edited by amdnikos; Feb 20, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
Feb 21, 2019, 05:26 AM
Ok i got a response from hota last night. Here is the hota charger beta app for android. Default pin is 123456. Representive told me there will be bugs because its an earlier beta and they currently ironing the software.
Feb 24, 2019, 07:38 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Nice that they are working on firmware for this , bugs are to be expected in new tech my ISDT charger was buggy at first, a firmware upgrade cured everything and now its my personal goto charger.
Feb 24, 2019, 08:31 AM
The best charger i had so far. Really compact for a 2 channel charger with 300w power supply inside. I can parallel charge 10x tattu 4s 1550 (5+5 on each channel) on 7.8 amps per channel aka 1c using its internal power supply. The balance current is great too in comparison with my old icharger 206b, it gives 1600mah balance current that translates on blazing fast balance at the end of charging. The bluetooth app is buggy as hell as expected, but the charger itself is awesome. I didnt spot any kind of bug so far, and tbh is expected as a representative told me that except the different power supply it use and the different screen, all the rest charger and its circuits is exactly the same with hota d6 duo pro( you may know the charger as the hobbymate duo pro, but the oem behind it was hota).
Last edited by amdnikos; Feb 25, 2019 at 05:45 AM.
Feb 27, 2019, 10:54 AM
Learning to fly

Good looking HW in need for better software

The hardware looks very good, see photos.
The current activity (e.g. Nimh charge) is displayed very small on the screen.
There is no cycle function, just charge and discharge.
Bluetooth module is there but doesn't show up on my iPhone. USB port doesn't show up on my Windows Vista machine either.
The fan is running louder than necessary on low wattage charge/discharge.
NiMH cell number can be set only automatically.
When charging, it displays 0pcs on a 4 cell pack, see photos.

This has great potential with better firmware, Bluetooth and PC app.
Feb 27, 2019, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa
The hardware looks very good, see photos.
The current activity (e.g. Nimh charge) is displayed very small on the screen.
There is no cycle function, just charge and discharge.
Bluetooth module is there but doesn't show up on my iPhone. USB port doesn't show up on my Windows Vista machine either.
The fan is running louder than necessary on low wattage charge/discharge.
NiMH cell number can be set only automatically.
When charging, it displays 0pcs on a 4 cell pack, see photos.

This has great potential with better firmware, Bluetooth and PC app.
After some mails with hota they gave me beta android app, meanwhile they asked me if i find any bug in app or charger itself i could contact them anytime and they would fix it in no time. Unfortunately this specific time i am totally out of time. Write them direct in their mail. http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/about_l_9.html
Apr 20, 2019, 09:35 PM

Questions about HOTA D6+

Hello,
I just got the charger and it seems great. It's the first time I have charged LIPO batteries. A couple questions:

Do I need to set it to Charge or Balance? Or does it automatically balance once charged?

When do I know when it is done?

Thanks,
Craig
Apr 22, 2019, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcraig75
Hello,
I just got the charger and it seems great. It's the first time I have charged LIPO batteries. A couple questions:

Do I need to set it to Charge or Balance? Or does it automatically balance once charged?

When do I know when it is done?

Thanks,
Craig
Charge. At the end of charge it auto balancing. You ll hear the beeps, and you ll get message that charge is done
May 05, 2019, 02:07 PM
QuadCopter Coach

IR checker?

Does this new charger also include a battery Internal Resistance checker?
May 06, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by likecatcher
Does this new charger also include a battery Internal Resistance checker?
You get ir measurement as you charge.
May 08, 2019, 12:40 PM
I crush you
I bought this charger recently and I must say I'm VERY IMPRESSED. I made a video review about it. It isn't a complete guide for it, but it does offer a lot of insight. Specially since there isn't much about it out there yet. Here it is:

Hota D6 Plus Charger (HOTA D6+) - BETTER than the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro? (24 min 41 sec)
May 15, 2019, 07:29 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune
I bought this charger recently and I must say I'm VERY IMPRESSED. I made a video review about it. It isn't a complete guide for it, but it does offer a lot of insight. Specially since there isn't much about it out there yet. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5BkITnxOe0

Great review!
Jul 01, 2019, 10:11 AM

Hota D6 + should be set to balance, if you are using the balance leeds

Hota D6 + should be set to balance, if you are using the balance leeds

Quick Reply