Dec 11, 2018, 11:03 PM
Thread OP
Question

Recommendations for airbrush set up

Hello. I want to weather some planes and would like to get some recommendations for airbrushing. I have never tried it and want to practice before application. Can you recommend some products to get me going? Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2018, 03:24 PM
Some guys that do weathering do an overall "wash" of gray over the entire plane. an airbrush would be a poor choice for that. I would use a full size gun or at least an automotive touch up gun. Harbor freight has a cheap one.

carl
Old Dec 14, 2018, 05:18 AM
Bolamanp
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Dec 14, 2018, 08:36 AM
I have several airbrushes, but the only one I use on flying models is a single-action Paasche airbrush with the large tip. And just an ordinary compressor with a moisture trap. Very easy to use. Double-action airbrushes give you more control for delicate work, but they are harder to use and to clean, and the ones I have were more expensive. And maybe it's just that I'm clumsy, but the needles on my double-actin airbrushes tend to get bent. An easy fix, but still ....
Dec 16, 2018, 09:05 PM
If you haven’t airbrush much go to Dollar General and buy a cheap kids coloring book practice filling in and following lines. You can buy cheap paint at Walmart to practice with, cut it down.
Also great videos on YouTube on weathering and airbrushing.

Ken

Quick Reply