F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select (EFL7850)

The E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF scale jet is a replica that brings the pride and precision of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds to your local flying field. High-power and the availability of SAFE Select technology make it easy to enjoy.

Splash

F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF

From Horizon

The Horizon F-16 jet is a scale replica that delivers incredible performance while also being easy to fly when it’s equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies (included with BNF® Basic version only).

The E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. Like the full-scale airshow thriller, this F-16 has an incredibly wide flight performance envelope—from slow and stable high-alpha flight to amazing high-speed and vertical capabilities. At its core is a 6S-compatible brushless motor and a 70-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. Factory-installed electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts make it possible to take off and land on a wider variety of surfaces–including grass—while keeping ground handling smooth and delivering a realistic jet experience. The composite reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet strong, and the digital, metal-geared servos plus ball-link equipped linkages provide precise control. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest to fly yet highest-performance and most capable F-16 models ever!

E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF BNF Basic & PNP Quick Look (0 min 59 sec)

Key Features

• The easiest to fly high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet!
  • Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
  • 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
  • Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless inrunner motor and 70-amp ESC
  • Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
  • Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
  • Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
  • Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • The unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology
  • Includes a decal sheet to choose and apply the Thunderbird number designation of your choice
  • Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically-secured nose cone
  • Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
  • Durable yet lightweight, composite reinforced EPO airframe

Learn More

Head over to Horizon for pricing and more info!

Dec 11, 2018, 12:41 PM
These F-16s are arriving in our warehouses now and will start shipping out in the next few days...which means you can definitely get one before/in time for Christmas if you pre-order now:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchD...ator1_12062018

And in the meantime, here are a few more videos

E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF Flight Talk - Fun in the cold! (4 min 13 sec)

E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF Rough Grass Takeoff and Landing! (0 min 34 sec)
Dec 11, 2018, 03:27 PM
killickb
Nice. If Ali can do it, we all can do it --- or can we ?
Dec 11, 2018, 04:55 PM
When will this model be ready for seel ?
Br
Dec 11, 2018, 05:32 PM
Both versions (BNF Basic and PNP) are available for pre-order in the US now and should begin shipping this Thursday the 13th!

BNF Basic Version: https://www.horizonhobby.com/f-16-th...lect-p-efl7850

PNP Version: https://www.horizonhobby.com/f-16-th...df-pnp-efl7875
Dec 12, 2018, 01:08 PM
Does it have enough space for pan and tilt fpv cam?
Dec 13, 2018, 10:22 AM
Will this fit a turnigy 4500 6s? Or does anyone have battery tray dimensions? I want one and it would be even better if I could use my existing 6s inventory..
Dec 14, 2018, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss346ci
Will this fit a turnigy 4500 6s? Or does anyone have battery tray dimensions? I want one and it would be even better if I could use my existing 6s inventory..
Correct me if Im wrong, but I think this is the FMS model in new colors (just as the Viper), so if Im right, anything you can read about the FMS version would go for this. I have been looking into that myself, and been reading comments about it and it was mentioned that it doesnt fly very good with batteries larger/heavier than 6S 3300, but others might say something else.
Dec 14, 2018, 09:15 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss346ci
A 4500 6S should fit easily ... in fact I think one of the flights was with one like that .... There's plenty of space up there

E-Flite F-16 70mm thread in Foamy EDFs :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0mm-EDF&pp=100

Dec 17, 2018, 02:07 PM
I loved their Micro f-16 in a similar scheme. Was a pretty good glider I remember!
Dec 22, 2018, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
A 4500 6S should fit easily ... in fact I think one of the flights was with one like that .... There's plenty of space up there

E-Flite F-16 70mm thread in Foamy EDFs :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0mm-EDF&pp=100

Will fit for sure but it will be nose heavy. Mine is nose heavy with my super light 550 gram 4600s. You will need to move the as3x back a bit and cut that extra 1" of foam to be close to neutral I think.

Quick Reply