Jul 07, 2019, 06:53 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya
Hi, after only 2 hours of indoor use the 180 motor gave up.
Is there a better motor that will fit without any modification.
I have ordered another 180 motor on EBay but it could be 6 weeks before it will arrive via snail mail.
Hi,
here you'll find a couple of motors (end of posting):
https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/40...13#post1144813

But I do not think, that there is really a "better" 180 motor that will hold up.
I ran my MN-90 with stock 180 motor in the beginning, and the motor ran that hot, that the plastic motor mount melted (when I ran the MN-90 in leaf and litter).

Think about this (370 motor upgrade video).

Walter
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,
here you'll find a couple of motors (end of posting):
https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/40...13#post1144813

But I do not think, that there is really a "better" 180 motor that will hold up.
I ran my MN-90 with stock 180 motor in the beginning, and the motor ran that hot, that the plastic motor mount melted (when I ran the MN-90 in leaf and litter).

Think about this (370 motor upgrade video).

Walter
Hi again,
I have ordered another 180 motor, will persevere for the moment and upgrade to the metal transfer box at a later date.
It looks as though other parts will be needed to continue to use the plastic drive shafts though.
Can you let me know what extra parts are required so as to still use plastic drive shafts.

My WPL C34 KM RTR kit hopefully will arrive in August, can,t wait for it to arrive and start building.
Thanks for the help.

John.
Jul 08, 2019, 02:45 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Hi again,
I have ordered another 180 motor, will persevere for the moment and upgrade to the metal transfer box at a later date.
It looks as though other parts will be needed to continue to use the plastic drive shafts though.
Can you let me know what extra parts are required so as to still use plastic drive shafts.

My WPL C34 KM RTR kit hopefully will arrive in August, can,t wait for it to arrive and start building.
Thanks for the help.

John.
Hi John,
plastic driveshaft are normally the first thing to replace, because it breaks (or the gears).

Check metal driveshafts here (post 9).

I highly suggest metal gears or a full metal gear-set for D90.

I would think of an upgrade servo (JX PDI-1181MG - you will find links here).
Do you run stock electronics?

Walter
Jul 08, 2019, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Hi John,
plastic driveshaft are normally the first thing to replace, because it breaks (or the gears).

Check metal driveshafts here (post 9).

I highly suggest metal gears or a full metal gear-set for D90.

I would think of an upgrade servo (JX PDI-1181MG - you will find links here).
Do you run stock electronics?

Walter
Hi Walter,
thank you for you help I have a couple of 180 motors on order and will see how long they last. I will most likely have to replace the transfer box but won't until the new motors give up the ghost.
My main concern will be getting the MPL C34 KM up and running when I receive it I will most likely have many questions for you in the appropriate forum.

I received and installed a new 180 motor yesterday, after approximately 10 minutes of running rear plastic pinion gear came loose on metal shaft. What a disappointment, still trying to work out whether to to throw money at metal updates or buy a C34 KM and kill 2 birds with one stone. It could be cheaper in the long run.

John.
Last edited by jaydubya; Jul 25, 2019 at 10:31 PM.
Jul 26, 2019, 07:23 AM
Hi!
I have just built a RTR kit MN-90
The problem is the steering, servo on frame, but no panhard...
Did someone improved steering?
I'll update pics later
Jul 26, 2019, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvan83
These are some pics...
3d printed rims and under door,
4 lights kit.
Thanks for sharing pics, nice job.
Like your wheels and under door unit, I'm not into 3d printing so what you have done is beyond my skills.

The makers of the MN90 did a great job of the body but the big letdown is the rubbish plastic gears,
For the price the should have included metal gears just the same as the WPL C34.
My thoughts at the moment are to not do any metal updates on the MN and to buy a WPL C34KM for bush bashing.
Jul 27, 2019, 11:51 AM
Vienna calling...
Love those "door-steps"

Walter
Aug 07, 2019, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Love those "door-steps"

Walter
Hi Walter, can yo tell me if front and rear axles and and metal gears can be purchased for the MN D90.
Every time a plastic part is replaced something else breaks.
I have placed an order at Banggood for 2 metal drive shafts but only wan't to replace the axles and gears and keep
the plastic front and rear axle housings to keep the cost down.
Thanks in advance.

John.
Aug 08, 2019, 06:14 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Hi Walter, can yo tell me if front and rear axles and and metal gears can be purchased for the MN D90.
Every time a plastic part is replaced something else breaks.
I have placed an order at Banggood for 2 metal drive shafts but only wan't to replace the axles and gears and keep
the plastic front and rear axle housings to keep the cost down.
Thanks in advance.

John.
Hi John,
yes.
MN 90 Metal Front Axle Housings
MN-90 Metal Gears and shaft
MN-90 Metal Linkholder
MN-90 Metal Linkholder and Links

Check the parts list here:
https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/40...78#post1145278

Walter
Aug 08, 2019, 07:46 PM
Thank you for the information Walter, I have now bookmarked the site for reference.

Cheers,

John.
Aug 10, 2019, 09:49 PM
Not bad! Comparison and improvements over older MN models starts at 01:10.

Cheap, Capable RC Land Rover D90! 1/12 MN Models MN99. The best MN Models so far! (11 min 53 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 04:38 PM
upgraded shaft and pinion gears due to lose
of traction on front and rear, and add
some blue grease into transmission gears
Some CA glue solved for abouts some hours...
Aug 22, 2019, 04:34 AM
gj @Jvan83. I tried to do it on WPL but finally ordered metal upgrade.
I thought it's not possible ... so it is ;-)

Quick Reply