Dec 10, 2018, 08:06 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Thread OP
New Product

Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well as its maneuverability and versatility to operate in many areas. Its powerful engine, producing a top speed of 640 kph, made the Corsair one of the fastest piston fighters in the world at that time. In the Pacific battlefield, it achieved an impressive 11:1 combat record. The Corsair remained in military service after WWII into the Korean war era and several continue to fly today with civilian operators.

This FlightLine F4U Corsair is approximately 1/8 scale, with a 1600mm wingspan and 1300mm length. We offer both the F4U-1A (“Birdcage” canopy) and F4U-1D (“Bubble Top” canopy) versions of the early three-bladed Corsair, and each version sports its own period-accurate factory paint scheme and includes appropriate decals from which users can choose their favorite to apply. Molded from EPO foam and featuring a scale shape with lots of plastic parts to enhance its scale fidelity and user friendliness, all the Corsair’s control surfaces are easily assembled with screws.

Like the FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX and Freewing A-10 Warthog, this Corsair also features a multi-material wing, utilizing foam, plywood, plastic, carbon tubes, and aluminum extrusions to provide a stronger wing than solid foam yet still lightweight and maneuverable. Scale lighting, scale six-panel flaps, scale landing gear, sharply molded panel lines and raised surfaces, and various other scale features make this the best big foam electric Corsair on the market today!

The FlightLine F4U Corsair stock PNP version is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor and scale 3-blade propeller and 80A ESC. The specially molded large size propeller and all-new motor help power the Corsair through acrobatic maneuvers with ease while retaining a reasonable scale appearance. The model can cruise at ~40-50% throttle setting and loop consecutively at only 50%-60% throttle setting. Vertical performance is also excellent for a scale model this size! With the recommended Admiral 6S 5000mAh lipo battery, the F4U Corsair has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with 5-9 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management.

Takeoff is very stable without the need for flaps. The F4U can execute a wide range of maneuvers, including all scale maneuvers and additional non-scale acrobatics. Its aluminum suspension main struts and tall wheels provide confidence when operating on grass runways. All three landing gear are retractable, and the mains even feature three panel sequenced molded plastic gear doors for ultimate realism.

To give users an added element of versatility, the inside wall of the molded plastic cowl incorporates eight hidden tubes to house lead ballast, which users can add or remove depending on their preferred battery size (i.e. add ballast if flying a 4000mAh, remove ballast for 6,000+mAh). For users flying the recommended Admiral 6S 5000, no additional ballast is required other than what is already factory-installed. Refer to the manual for the recommended CG position.

An optional 3DPUP Cockpit Set is also available separately to further enhance the realism of this bold and beautiful F4U Corsair!

Visit the Official FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
FEATURES:
Grass capable landing gear with 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
All new rotating main retract unit
Metal suspension main struts with sequenced main gear doors
Retractable tail wheel with scale detailing
Scale four panel split flaps with rounded leading edge like the full scale
Multi-material wing incorporates foam, plywood ribs, carbon spars, and aluminum joints for optimum strength
DayBright LED wingtip lights and sequenced landing light
17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
Large 18x12 (90% scale) diameter propeller with aluminum alignment and reinforcement plates
Integrated ballast chamber concealed within the plastic cowl
F4U-1A ("Birdcage" canopy) and F4U-1D ("Bubble" canopy) PNPs available in different paint schemes
Each version contains two decal sets
Admiral 6S 5000 provides 5-9 minutes average flight duration with throttle management
INCLUDES:
FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
REQUIRES:
6 Channel radio
6 Channel receiver
6 Cell 22.2V 4000 to 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 Connector
6 Cell compatible battery charger

F4U-1A “Birdcage” Canopy

F4U-1D “Bubble” Canopy

FlightLine RC Product Announcment Tonight at 8pm EST! (18 min 35 sec)

Last edited by TiredIronGRB; Dec 10, 2018 at 08:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2018, 08:15 PM
no catchy phrase
Awesome! I love it!
Dec 10, 2018, 08:18 PM
Retired US Navy
Well done Motion! While I have never been a Corsair Nut (pun intended) this is awesome.
Dec 10, 2018, 09:00 PM
I can’t decide between which one to buy? Motion has done a respectable job on the Corsair!
Dec 10, 2018, 09:19 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Wow you got it loaded to fast George!
Dec 10, 2018, 09:32 PM
I really like this bubble version of this plane. Interested on how the retracts will hold up.
Dec 10, 2018, 09:53 PM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilymac
I really like this bubble version of this plane. Interested on how the retracts will hold up.
They look very sturdy, I'll let you know in a day or two.
Dec 10, 2018, 11:02 PM
no catchy phrase
I'm curious, what is that square with the clear plastic for? Is that where the servo connectors go through the fuse?
Dec 11, 2018, 12:40 AM
Bomber Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanenoob78
I'm curious, what is that square with the clear plastic for? Is that where the servo connectors go through the fuse?
I believe on the actual plane, it was to help the pilot see the ship deck on landing. I may be wrong.

Bob

I ordered the birdcage version.
Latest blog entry: The XB-38 s/n 41-2401
Dec 11, 2018, 12:51 AM
Needs More Go Fast....
I really like it, but I have too many Corsairs as it is now! But will follow the thread.

Anybody want to buy a 1.7m FMS Corsair. :-) haha
Dec 11, 2018, 12:52 AM
Bomber Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I really like it, but I have too many Corsairs as it is now! But will follow the thread.

Anybody want to buy a 1.7m FMS Corsair. :-) haha
Mayday, you had too many vehicles too, but you fixed that!

Bob
Dec 11, 2018, 12:55 AM
Needs More Go Fast....
HeyI I JUST sold 1 real vehicle! Only two more to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoolate
Mayday, you had too many vehicles too, but you fixed that!

Bob
Dec 11, 2018, 01:08 AM
Bomber Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
HeyI I JUST sold 1 real vehicle! Only two more to go!
It's a start!. I am down to two vehicles. Sold one recently.

Bob
Dec 11, 2018, 01:34 AM
352nd FG Association

Finally!!!!!

WOW!!! This just answered a prayer for me!!! I recently acquired an FMS/Airfield 1450mm Corsair (the gray #5), and love it!! There's a bit of controversy as to which "brand" it really is because of the features. I've been told it was the last version built for Airfield, right about the time FMS decided to just start calling it FMS. It's features are the exact same as the FMS: plastic nose piece on the cowling with exhaust pipes and chin scoop (F4U-4 version), scale tail wheel, and correct size pilot. The version my friend has is the older Airfield gray #5. It has the all foam cowling without the extra detail. A 90 degree bent wire tail wheel and a pilot that looks like a 10 year old. Plus it's a slightly shorter wingspan.

The only mods I did was install the Predator 650 motor (which really woke it up!), and shimmed the gear to rake forward for better ground handling. Those two mods alone made it the ultimate scale foam Corsair. And I never understood why FMS decided to discontinue the 1450mm Corsair, P-51, and T-28. They were great planes that seemed to be good sellers too. It seems FMS has dropped the ball on good scale warbirds and has gone some lesser direction. I've been frustrated for a while now that no one was picking up the ball. THANKS Flightline for doing the job!!!!

Motion RC has been really kicking it into high gear!!! If we can only get a new and better P-51 back on the market, all will be well in the universe. This Corsair is now on my list!!!! I never cared for the F4U-4 until I got the one I have. I had always been a huge fan of the F4U-1A . Now I can be again!!!
Last edited by Moonbeam; Dec 11, 2018 at 01:40 AM. Reason: A unicorn farted glitter and made a mess.

Quick Reply