This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 10, 2018, 12:58 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Remo Hobby 1093-ST RTR 1/10 Scale Trail Truck/Rock Crawler Review

​My 1093-ST arrived over the weekend, and I am super excited about this truck. It looks great, and seems to be a very nice quality truck for the price. Check out the pics, and video, and stay tuned for more info.

This truck is now back in stock, and on sale here for $179.99 This truck is compatible with most, if not all Axial SCX10 II Honcho parts, and accessories.

Printing some scale accessories while I wait for the truck to arrive. Propane tank, and some other cool stuff can be found here. Wheel hubs can be found here. The shackles can be found here.

First mods. Removed the stickers, and added 3D printed mirrors and door handles.

Also 3D printed a snorkel.

More custom mods, and review updates coming soon!

​Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

First test run out in the backyard. More video and updates coming soon.

Remo Hobby 1093-ST RTR 1/10 Scale Trail Truck First Run (3 min 50 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Mar 04, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2018, 05:57 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
First mods. Removed the stickers, and added 3D printed mirrors and door handles.
Dec 11, 2018, 12:20 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Have some running video uploading now. 3D printed a snorkel this morning too. Thingiverse file here.
Dec 11, 2018, 03:26 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Test run video added above.
Dec 11, 2018, 09:13 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Had a bag of 5mm LED's and some resistors floating around in one of my bits boxes, so imagine my surprise when I discovered that the light buckets on the roll bar, and front bumper are designed just for them Needless to say I had to wire some up Unfortunately I only had 4 white ones, so I'll have to either get some more, or use green ones in the bumper.
Dec 14, 2018, 12:41 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Body was looking a bit too silver for me so I hit it with a bit of flat black, and got the propane tank strapped in. I also managed to get some more video footage today, and will get it uploaded and added ASAP.
Dec 15, 2018, 01:47 PM
This thing looks awesome for $150!!! Looking forward to seeing what all you do with it
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Dec 16, 2018, 10:11 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
So far I am really liking it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get it out for some more running video later today.
Sep 30, 2020, 10:24 AM
Hi, I know this is an old post, but I just have a question. I'm a newbie in the RC world and this Remo Hobby is my first car. I was just wondering how you managed to hook up the lights electronically to the ESC. I asked the guy working at the hobby shop near me and he advised against it saying that some lights could damage the ESC, but I really would love to attach some lights to my car. Please let me know how you went about it and if it affected your ESC at all. Thank you.
Oct 01, 2020, 08:11 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Welcome to the wonderful world of RC and to RCGroups. I just plugged them into the open channel on the receiver. People have been doing it that way for years. Never had it affect my receivers or ESC's.

Quick Reply