BeeBrain Lite Pre-Orders Now Live!

A new board featuring an F4 CPU, 1-25mw VTX, FrSky/DSMX compatible Receiver, Active-Braking, all on one board! Simply plug in a camera and fly.

Splash

The next generation of BeeBrain controllers is here

NewBeeDrone has a new flight controller available for pre-order right now and it looks pretty fantastic with a great feature set. It has an F4 processor that provides great handling. It has an adjustable 1-25mw built-in video transmitter so you don't need to add the weight of an extra board. It has a full range diversity receiver that's compatible with Frsky_D(D8) Frsky_X(D16) Futaba(S-FHSS)(with PA/LNA FULL RANGE)/ DSM (2 and X). It has a first in size class active braking system that makes your micro brushed racing drone feel like a larger brushless quad.

After a year of development, NBD put in their smallest and most efficient OSD on board yet. It uses less power and takes up less space than a standard OSD chip. The FC board is also lighter by 1.7g than the previous BeeBrain V2 FC. Every little bit of weight savings makes a difference in flight time and handling. To that end, the bottom of the board also features two RGB LED's you can program via Betaflight saving you from adding on heavier LED lighting systems. This board looks like it will be a winner for micro brushed drone pilots. Check out the full specs below and bee (pun intended) sure to hit the link to check out the NewBeeDrone page. Pre-orders with a camera are $79.99.

Specifications:

• Flight controller:
  • Compatible with Frsky_D(D8) Frsky_X(D16) Futaba(S-FHSS)(with PA/LNA FULL RANGE)/ DSM (2 and X) all Diversity
  • One onboard Antenna (Indoor range) one external Antenna, Optional solder pad for regular 2.4G antenna.
  • STM32F411 Processor
  • MPU6500 Gyro/Accelerometer via SPI
  • NBD Active Braking System (4 x 8A Mosfets)
  • Battery Monitor
  • 3 x RGB LED (Betaflight LED Strip control)
  • NewBeeDrone anti-reverse JST PH-2.0 Power Lead
  • NewBeeDrone OSD Chips(betaflight compatible)
  • VTX configurable on OSD (40 channels, 1-25mw) US version will have some illegal channel locked
  • VTX Connector Type: U.FL (3mm)
  • 5V Power supply 550ma
  • UART2 Solder port ready for Crossfire and other receivers
  • Size: 26mm x 26mm
  • Weight: 3.5g
  • Power Source: 1S Lipo battery
  • Camera:
  • 600 TVL
  • 120 Degree Viewing Angle
  • 20 Degree Mount

Included:

• BeeBrain Lite FC
  • BeeEye Camera
  • Goober Canopy
  • Rubber Grommets
  • Mounting Screws

Check out the BeeBrain Lite Here

Dec 10, 2018, 11:21 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks nice, but quite pricey at 80 usd, for a brushed ESC FC. For that money you can also get a brushless BnF that flies really well, with charger and batteries.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 10, 2018, 03:20 PM
monkeymagic
Good on them for innovating, there is an awful lot of work in there. But yeah, the cost is a little eye watering.

I'd be curious about the active braking but compared to my betaflight boards, NFE silverware (as on the Alien zero) flies like nothing else on a whoop. If you tinker you have have something for $8 but does involve a bit of messing around
Dec 11, 2018, 10:41 AM
Yes, I've stopped building brushed whoops in favor of brushless. Its very nice, but a bit late....
Dec 11, 2018, 01:46 PM
Neat to include the VTx on the board, but yes a brushless F4 would be nice.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Dec 14, 2018, 06:36 AM
Want to Fly, Have to Work
Very cool 1 board concept. Agree on brushless ESC versus brushed, and I wouldn't mind a bit more VTx power (at least 50mW).
Dec 18, 2018, 10:27 AM
Prefectionist
$80 tough to justify for a brushed board.
Dec 18, 2018, 08:34 PM
Would love to see a brushless version of this.
Jan 05, 2019, 08:42 PM
BeeBrain Lite Freestyle - Out of Box Settings (2 min 20 sec)
Jan 09, 2019, 01:06 PM
Prefectionist
Any idea when preorders of DSM will ship?
Yesterday, 10:52 PM
OutcastRC
Didn't know you wanted HD from your brushed micro? Do you now?

HD BeeBrain Lite

HD BeeBrain Lite (0 min 51 sec)
Last edited by Outcast_RC; Yesterday at 11:00 PM.
Today, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast_RC
HD BeeBrain Lite
Nice - now if we can just have a brushless version ...
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Today, 10:23 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Should be brushless, personally I'd rather the VTX was not on the main board , it's a pita to get a perfect video image with separate components so having near everything on one board using the same paths with no way to isolate or modify for me is a no-no .
Selectable output mini VTX's are widely available WITH SmartAudio and they only weigh a couple of grams and they are small enough to attach to the back of a micro cam making them an excellent choice for "Whoops" etc.

Don't get me wrong , I'm sure there is a market for this setup but in all honesty this is 18 months too late, we quickly moved past the brushed AIO and now we want Brushless boards that contain the Flight Controller and Escs with filtered power outputs for cam/VTX and choice of receiver.

Personally I think we need an increase in either battery capacity or in motor efficiency MORE than we need flight controllers with stacked up heat producing/interference creating gimmicks.

As an example Eachine were pumping out brushed FC's -albeit sans vtx- 18-24 months ago
Youbi XV130 flight controllers and VTX In one again 18 months ago.
Recently 2S+ AIO boards sans VTX and Rx.

This just looks like 2 steps back and one step sideways and for no good reason. I suppose you could just patch in 4 small brushless Escs but what's the point in that,.......................
Last edited by scousethief; Today at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply