Mar 05, 2019, 08:49 PM
March 16th is the next TPG DLG Contest and Clinic.

We have a beautiful soft green ground cover over a nice sandy loam to fly on, so take advantage of it now before it turns into brown thickets over dusty rock hard terra firma.

K - Big Ladder
I - Three Longest
H- 1,2,3,4
G - 5X2
E - Poker
B - Last two 4 min Max.

But the big news is after the morning contest (Usually ends around 12:30 pm), there will be a clinic on flying DLGs in Windy Conditions in preparation for the upcoming International.

As we all know, Poway conditions are typically calm in the morning, with winds from the west building from 10 am peaking out early afternoon in the 10-13 mph range. Anyone can fly nice thermal turns in calm conditions. Real Men can thermal out in windy turbulent conditions.

If you attend this Clinic, and absorb the tips and hints provided to you, you'll never be afraid of Wind. You'll find a new friend named "Ballast" and and his bigger brother "Heavy Ballast".

If you can't make the morning Contest you're welcome to come out for the Clinic.

Ray
Last edited by rockbus; Mar 09, 2019 at 01:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2019, 05:54 PM
Come out swinging
I should be there.

Sean
Mar 10, 2019, 12:09 AM
Iíll be there!
Mar 10, 2019, 12:16 AM
Cool.

I spent an hour before lunch getting some much needed practice. Don was on the way out.

Broken cloud layer with narrow strong thermals. Not much wind a little from the s se.

As always made every task.

The field is beautiful. Soft.
Mar 10, 2019, 01:45 AM
Is that green staying until the international?
Mar 10, 2019, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Is that green staying until the international?
Yes! We are guaranteeing green conditions for anyone signing up in next 24 hours. Limited time offer so don't miss it.
Mar 14, 2019, 09:48 PM
Marc
I get to go!!
See you Saturday.

Marc
Mar 15, 2019, 12:20 AM
Great Marc. I see you and Brian signed up.

Iím closing the registration Friday night 8 pm.

Cliff and Don mowed the lawn. We should have temps in the high 70ís with sunny skies. There is a Santa Ana tomorrow tapering off Saturday.

Remember Justin and the guys will follow the contest with a clinic for flying in wind and using ballast.

Ray
Mar 15, 2019, 03:48 PM
Come out swinging
Pilots meeting time?

Thanks
Sean
Mar 15, 2019, 09:16 PM
Dave Hall is coming down for the contest. He’s not on the list, but he’ll be competing.
Mar 15, 2019, 10:06 PM
Chuck

Dave hall signed up. We have 13 signed up. I’m going to add 1 walk on in hopes of someone waking on to help with the group size evening out.

Sean et al

Pilots meeting 8:45. Start tasks 9 am.

Should be a sunny day 50’s in the morning so bundle up, 70’s by noon, so bring sunscreen and hat.

Finally breaking out of one of the worst winters in decades.

Ray
Mar 15, 2019, 10:34 PM
M Seid
Every contest this year has fallen on a tough weekend. My folks are in town tomorrow and I canít swing it. Sucks big time. Iíll get some polishing done in the next 6 weeks. Looks like an awesome day tomorrow. Have fun!
Mar 15, 2019, 11:41 PM
Pilots score cards printed. See you guys tomorrow.

Next time Mike. This is my first tpg contest in 4 months.

Ray
Mar 16, 2019, 12:38 AM
Launch high. Fly low.
I think I’ll make it... hopefully, the landscaper comes early.
Mar 16, 2019, 05:51 PM
Come out swinging
Congrats to David Hall.

Sean

Quick Reply