Jan 18, 2019, 01:56 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
I'm down to a 50/50 since my car pool partner just bailed....
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2019, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Bummer! There is always Uber! :-)
Jan 18, 2019, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
Last call - I'll be printing score cards tonight...
Jan 18, 2019, 04:02 PM
Justin Tolman
Is anyone able to do some recon on the field this afternoon? Its been a while since its rained for 5 straight days - is Ray gonna have to tug us all in with his Jeep?
Jan 18, 2019, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolman
Is anyone able to do some recon on the field this afternoon? Its been a while since its rained for 5 straight days - is Ray gonna have to tug us all in with his Jeep?
I unfortunately cant make this event. I was planning to run to the field at lunch time but I'm stuck in the coal mines today.
Jan 19, 2019, 01:23 AM
Field looks fantastic and only few puddles on the way to it.
Jan 19, 2019, 09:46 AM
Come out swinging
Have fun guys. I can’t make it.

Sean
Jan 19, 2019, 06:28 PM
Thread OP

January Contest Recap

Thanks everyone for showing. We had a fun day today. Congratulations to Rollo for winning the Rollo Invitational II. What else should we expect? Congrats also to Dale Osborn for winning Sportsman.

Lex, Sean we missed you.

Thermals were weak but there, and by the end of the contest they were building but still rather weak by Poway standards. The field looks great after a bit of rain.

At around 11am we took a break to see if we could see the ULA Delta IV rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB. Although it finally launched, we never did see it. To finish the contest we enjoyed all ups to see if we could launch to orbit. I think the Delta IV won but it was close.

Special thanks to those who came from near (SD), somewhat far (OC/LA) and really far (Germany/Sweden). Poway always welcomes you.

Next contest in the series is February 16 with our own Don Lochhead as CD.

-Gary
Jan 19, 2019, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Rollo Invitational II Lineup
Jan 19, 2019, 08:06 PM
Brent Lytle

Thanks for a great time

Soft conditions were fun and challenging. What a great time flying with everyone, so far I’m 1 for 1 attending the 2019 TPG clinic and look forward to a few more this year.

Some were asking about the next El Dorado cookie toss, and I’m happy to report that the board of governors was assembled and after a few tense seconds February 2nd was selected.

Details for the shiny new and improved 2019 Cookie Toss thread can be found here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ing-About-2019

On the Vault here:
http://f3xvault.com/?action=event&fu...&event_id=1448

Hope to see some of you guys in a couple weeks,

Brent
Jan 20, 2019, 12:39 PM

A great green day

What a great group of guys. TPG does it right. Thanks to Gary and his support staff for a great job. Also thanks to Justin, Don, Brian, and Brent for timing for me. The field was surely greener than the last time I flew here in last year's international. I have one suggestion as to the number of heats per round. Three is better than two. It may take a little longer to get through the rounds but it makes for a more relaxed day and time to visit, fix, and enjoy watching others fly. I look forward to the International in April.
Feb 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
Torrey Pines Gulls
To All Thermal Duration Contest Flyers,

So far the rain and field restrictions have cancelled our thermal Duration contest for “December 9, 2018, Rain, January 13, 2019, rain, and February 10, 2019 (pending) looks like another rain day.

If for some reason the weather man is not correct and we do not received less than 14 inch of rain we can fly the following tasks . A poker draw at the field for (4) rounds with 100 point landing and 900 flight points,
Date: February 10, 2019
Time: 0900 – 1200 noon
CD: Cliff Hunter contact 760-703-4497 cell phone

I will put out the cancelled contest on Wednesday February 6, 2019!

The restrictions on using the Encinitas Field are as follows: We have to wait “5 days after a rain event of more than ¼ inch of rain”, before using the flying site. This restriction is to prevent leaving foot prints that can allow water to stand on site and enter the landfill below. The landfill has been capped with clay soil and is slope so excess water can run off the field and not enter the ground below.

Our next contest is March 10, 2019, CD is Tom Watson, Tasks 7,8,9,10 minute flights with 100 point tape landing.

To all, the following months still need CD’S May 5, June 9, August 11, September 8, October13 and November 10, 2019. Please sign up for one or more dates. Let me know what dates will work for you.

Cliff Hunter
Feb 03, 2019, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
Cliff
Just a note to remind that you've posted this in the DLG thread. ..
Gary
Feb 10, 2019, 12:03 PM
Our next contest is this coming Saturday. Weather report says rain for the days before but maybe clearing for Saturday. Please sign up if you plan to attend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Feb 10, 2019, 05:23 PM
Come out swinging
I should be there.

Sean

Quick Reply