Nov 16, 2019, 10:53 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Sound fair Chuck, but I think the penalty for breaking the rule twice in a row in the same task should include buying the first round at the Christmas party.
Contest director has no mercy on himself!
Sorry I had to cut it short today.
Chuck can you PM me the replacement link?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 12:09 AM
Thank you Chuck!
I'm so excited. I took a lot of contest both in China and US, and this is the first time that I get the first place.
Nov 17, 2019, 12:49 AM
I only had to duck a couple of times while taking pics this morning. The sun was bright and contrasty, the air temp was perfect. I'm still getting familiar with the winds at Poway Field, but I heard several comments that today they were typical.

Pics are in no particular order and I learned that a shallower depth of field would have helped alleviate some of the distracting backgrounds.
Nov 17, 2019, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Nice photos! And congratulations Mengchen!
-Gary
Nov 17, 2019, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalator
Nice photos! And congratulations Mengchen!
-Gary
If you were here, maybe it would be a different story.
-Mengchen
Nov 18, 2019, 12:33 PM
Nice pictures Bob. Hope your plane will be ready soon to join us and that you talked your buddy into spending more money.

Congrats Mengchen.
Nov 26, 2019, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
Nice pictures Bob. Hope your plane will be ready soon to join us and that you talked your buddy into spending more money.

Congrats Mengchen.
Thanks Ray!
I'm gonna go to LA with my friends on November 30th, so I will miss the winter postal for November probably. Maybe see you next month.
-Mengchen
Nov 30, 2019, 05:55 AM
Any dates for January 2019 and the JEM?
Nov 30, 2019, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
TPG 2020 contest series to be announced soon. Look for Jan 18 as the first date in the series. No word yet on the JEM...
Gary
Dec 05, 2019, 10:05 AM
Jerry Wardrip

Great airplane

I have a 6 channel Vandal in pristine condition I would like to sell for $200.00. A very durable plane for a newbie to the sport but not a contest winner of course. If interested, call Jerry at 619 447-0612 . Thanks
Dec 06, 2019, 08:01 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
How pristine, Jerry?
Is this one of mine?
lol
Dec 06, 2019, 11:12 PM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalator
TPG 2020 contest series to be announced soon. Look for Jan 18 as the first date in the series. No word yet on the JEM...
Gary
Gary,

Will we be flying per the 2020 rules (revised and new tasks, one minute no-fly, etc.)?

I'm sure we're all dying to try the new tasks D and L, fly Poker with 3 flights max, and of course the Huge Ladder ...

Gerry Carter plans to release the next version of GliderScore this year, which includes the new tasks. I'm transitioning to his software for our 2020 contests, and scorekeeping per phone using a QR code on the scorecards works great. We've been using that feature in F5J for over a year.

Holler if you need my assistance. I've been beta testing the new version.

Dec 07, 2019, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone,

The new 2020 contest series is announced! Find it here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Clinic-Series

Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and new ones.

Chuck
Dec 07, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Hi Charles

I think it would be great to try these new tasks as they also might show up at the IHLGF. We'll work them in. As for gliderscore it would be great if you and Chuck could work together in that direction - I love the idea of downloading scores directly.

Take care!

Gary
Dec 13, 2019, 10:37 AM
Come out swinging
Is there a contest on the 21st of this month? I see it in the F3X vault.

Sean

Quick Reply