Old Jan 03, 2005, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by trizzle777

Zip Tip Launch from Hobby Lobby

Has anyone bought / built / flown this airplane?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/zip.htm

It's a DLG ARF.

Regards - Trizz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2005, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by ScottLister
I think I would buy a gambler+ instead if it was me. Talk to anyone who has a gambler and you will see what I mean.

Scott
Old Jan 04, 2005, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by ArizonaMan
Life's a garden, dig it.
I had one back when it came with a wooden boom. I guess they've since upgraded it to carbon. It's a fine little starter plane but extremely limited in performance. Look into the Gambler +, easily best in its class.
Old Jan 04, 2005, 08:27 AM
Find More Posts by RandyK1
Fiberglass dont bounce???
I agree, I started with a HL Zip and then got a Gambler+. The Gambler+ is WAY better, forget the Zip and start with the Gambler+ ...R...
Old Jan 04, 2005, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by tw126a
I bought a ZIP as a first sailplane and I've found it to be a great little trainer but make no mistake, its not a DLG but does take a nice side arm launch, the height is about twice as high as a javelin throw. I've used and abused mine and it still flies although with many repairs now. I recommend it as a first plane. My second hand launch is going to be the Gambler+, lots of great recommendations with that one.
Old Jan 05, 2005, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by Trace Lewis
I drive planes
I still fly one and want to upgrade to the Gambler+.

Its great for calm weather but I have one with the wooden boom, and on Discus launches, the wing slides so I only javlin launch it. Noce for a calm slope though!
Old Jan 05, 2005, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by trizzle777
I'm going to build a Gambler when they're back in stock and pass on this one -thanks for the feedback.
Old Jan 07, 2005, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by dhable
Here Comes the Sun
I flew the wooden boom version for awhile. The wooden boom was very fragile. I moved the radio gear to a Great Planes Fling, and like it m-u-c-h better than the Zip. The fling is bigger and easier to see too.
Old Jan 07, 2005, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Trace Lewis
I drive planes
Would anyone want to buy my Zip once I get the Gambler+?

Make an offer