This thread is privately moderated by Robert Belluomini, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 28, 2019, 03:15 PM
Golden or Labrador Dan. Cute in either case!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2019, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
I met Mike at the Jet Jam as we pitted together...Guys---If you didn't get a look at Mike's converted Yellow F-15 you missed a real engineering marvel!!! Mike custom molded the intake ducts to mate with the fan units. Mike's F-15 had PHENOMINAL PERFORMANCE with twin Jetfan 90's on 12S...I was shocked that a 25lb model could fly as well as it did with 90mm fans. Not only did it fly well but it was so fast as to be classified as a "Fast Mover" along with the sport jets of the event. Mike won the award for "Best Classic Jet"---Which is the award for taking a classic jet kit from the old ICE days, modifying it by modernizing it with todays electric power systems....A well deserved award!!!

Mike also flew his Freewing F-14 that had full span flaps but only used the ailerons as spoilers...(Ailerons only moved up to dump lift).I got with Mike to use his F-14 programming for my F-14 as Mike's F-14 flew like it was on rails.

Meeting guys like Mike is just the icing on the cake when attending an event like this...Not only can you learn new things but also make new lifelong friends...

Kevin
100%correct Kevin.
I had a dynamax with scorpion 700kv in my yellow F-16 for a good while and didnt fly it due to what came to find out was a bent motor shaft causing all the vibration.
Met up with Mike at ejects last year after speaking with him about a single jf90mm to run in it, several ppl said it would not fly her but after speaking with Mike I decided to make it a go, she flys awesome on a jf90mm with 10s 45c.
Thanks again Mike , I'd a never tried it without your help.
Jun 28, 2019, 11:25 PM
Happy I could help Chuck! I think my beater F-16 is going to have to get some love this summer. It's getting pretty rough

Kevin, I missed your post. Thanks for the kind words, and it was great to meet you as well! Honestly, I'm just having a ball messing around with some old planes, and meeting folks who share the same interest. So many cool projects out there, and we're lucky to have so many great build threads, basically "how to guides" so guys like me can follow along, and give it a shot.
Read a couple posts from guys looking to convert old glow or turbine planes to EDF after JJ. Guys like Dirty Dee, who has obviously got the new technologies thing down pat, wanting to build an old school kit. I think that's awesome!! Think of all the little 3D detail parts he'll come up with

All that said, after watching the Horizon guys flying at JJ, I have a shiny new Efite Viper that I maidened Monday. No more sitting around when its windy for this guy Left all the heavy stuff home and took the old Deuces Wild, the Viper and enough packs for 9 flights. Finally found a plane that uses all those 4000 6S pack I've got kicking around. Had a ball, first time to the club this year, and a buddy I used to work with is now a member, and flying his first trainer. If I know him, he'll be doing Rob Lynch style four point rolls 5 feet off the deck next year
Have to love this hobby!
Jul 02, 2019, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 ragtop
Read a couple posts from guys looking to convert old glow or turbine planes to EDF after JJ. Guys like Dirty Dee, who has obviously got the new technologies thing down pat, wanting to build an old school kit. I think that's awesome!! Think of all the little 3D detail parts he'll come up with
I have the will, just need the money now . A Byron F-16 recently come up for sale, and it is very close to me. I was thinking of a Y/A F-15 or F-18, but this F-16 has got me very interested.
Jul 21, 2019, 10:33 PM
Next project for Jet Jam 2020

Quick Reply