Dec 10, 2018, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
They are out of stock already?

Not very fair of Fimi as they note: Note: The big sale lasts from December 10th to January 15th,2019. FIMI X8 SE will be shipped on Jan.15th,2019.

If they only had a small number for pre-sale this is a joke.
Let's hope is a problem with the website and they have a "buy" button available again.

Still did not order myself as I still not sure if I realy need another drone. My Mi 4K with 4 batterys is still good enough for me.
WOW that was quick, I'm just glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

I hear what your saying about the Mi 4K (I have two batteries with mine and will be keeping it), but the new options the X8 offers, will add dimensions to my Ariel Photography, making it worth the purchase IMO.
Last edited by Garysnr; Dec 10, 2018 at 06:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2018, 07:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
WOW that was quick, I'm just glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

I hear what your saying about the Mi 4K (I have two batteries with mine and will be keeping it), but the new options the X8 offers, will add dimensions to my Ariel Photography, making it worth the purchase IMO.
If I would get more use out of my drone I for sure would have ordered right away, earlyer today at the pre-sale price.

I'm pretty sure it's worth every penny, even for normal list price. It's just that I have a load of rc airplanes (around 30) in my hangar, the Mi 4K is still like new as I simply just don't get around to flying it much. Airplanes are still my go to rc fun choice on regular basis. And the Mi 4K still does all I need for the moment. And it still looks like new..

Who knows.. if that deal comes back I still might order one, just for the heck of it!
Dec 10, 2018, 09:06 PM
Quote:

Who knows.. if that deal comes back I still might order one, just for the heck of it!
Back in stock
Dec 10, 2018, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Looks like they changed shipping, now $15,- instead of free.

Anybody have a coupon code ?
Dec 10, 2018, 11:35 PM
Gearbest are selling them full price while fimi are selling them cheaper. Pre-order at this point.
Dec 11, 2018, 03:20 AM
Yesterday I was refreshing the FIMI's web page every 30 mins ) . And I did a preorder.. for 399$ with free shipping and if the specs on paper are correct (I trust FIMI more than Hubsan in this aspect) you just cant beat this price. Also FIMI's Mi 4k drone looks like better quality and overall product than Zino...I guess the new X8 SE will follow this approach.
Last edited by Rosz; Dec 11, 2018 at 03:30 AM.
Dec 11, 2018, 03:53 AM
Quote:
They are out of stock already?

Not very fair of Fimi as they note: Note: The big sale lasts from December 10th to January 15th,2019. FIMI X8 SE will be shipped on Jan.15th,2019.

If they only had a small number for pre-sale this is a joke.
Let's hope is a problem with the website and they have a "buy" button available again.

Still did not order myself as I still not sure if I realy need another drone. My Mi 4K with 4 batterys is still good enough for me.
Banggood have the X8 SE on pre-order for £399 but it’s not expected until 27 February. If the drone isn’t ready why have Fimi announced it now ? I guess they hope to persuade potential buyers of the Zino to wait for the X8.

I suspect that Fimi may have intended to put more features into the X8 but these are still under development. So they are releasing a lower specification version to get the sales moving. That could be why there is no obstacle avoidance although the body seems to be designed to accommodate it. Perhaps SE stands for “Special Edition” or something like that, indicating that it is not the regular product.

Fimi did something like this with the Mi drone. They first brought out the 1080 p but soon replaced it with the all round improved 4K.
Dec 11, 2018, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetFlyer
Banggood have the X8 SE on pre-order for £399 but it’s not expected until 27 February. If the drone isn’t ready why have Fimi announced it now ? I guess they hope to persuade potential buyers of the Zino to wait for the X8.

I suspect that Fimi may have intended to put more features into the X8 but these are still under development. So they are releasing a lower specification version to get the sales moving. That could be why there is no obstacle avoidance although the body seems to be designed to accommodate it. Perhaps SE stands for “Special Edition” or something like that, indicating that it is not the regular product.

Fimi did something like this with the Mi drone. They first brought out the 1080 p but soon replaced it with the all round improved 4K.
We all may speculate a lot. But on paper this drone is way better than Zino. And for 399$ even this "special edition" looks like a good buy. We have a month and some days to see if they will start shipping drones. I used paypal so I can always dispute if needed ..I hope I would not need to do so. FIMI is backed up by Xiaomi....and as for Hubsan ...I have heard enough bad reviews and complains.
Dec 11, 2018, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetFlyer

In that case, I would say this version has a hardware for obstacle avoidance - obviously it has some sensors in front, and maybe some other features, so there is a chance that those features will be included in some future firmware updates. At least, I hope so. But that's all a long shoot.

However, there is always a possibility to cancel the order until January 15th if we see that there will be an improved version.

Besides, I don't really see which other features would be so important to me.
Last edited by kreso0; Dec 11, 2018 at 04:43 AM.
Dec 11, 2018, 05:52 AM
Obstacle avoidance is not a deal breaker for me, the other options such as Precision Landing, 3 x Digital Zoom, 5 km travel distance etc... are much more beneficial to what I have in mind and all that for £325, Bargain in my book.
Last edited by Garysnr; Dec 22, 2018 at 05:56 AM.
Dec 11, 2018, 06:09 AM
As long as the hardware of prox sensors are installed, a firmware upgrade is all that is needed to make it work. Software testing can take longer to get right.

I'm still happy I did pre order ...paypal got my money
Dec 11, 2018, 06:26 AM
I am wondering what shipping method they will use I am in Europe/Bulgaria...When I preordered it it was free shipping (I heard now they charge 15$ for the shipping) so I guess it will be a chap Chinese post or Singapore post...Maybe someone can share details when ordering other products directly from Fimi to Europe?
Dec 11, 2018, 06:47 AM

Netac P500 PRO V30 TF Card 64GB

If anyone is looking for a new TF Card to go with this Drone, then GearBest has this one on sale.

https://www.gearbest.com/memory-card...ml?wid=1433363

I have one and it works fine.
Dec 11, 2018, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosz
I am wondering what shipping method they will use I am in Europe/Bulgaria...When I preordered it it was free shipping (I heard now they charge 15$ for the shipping) so I guess it will be a chap Chinese post or Singapore post...Maybe someone can share details when ordering other products directly from Fimi to Europe?
Actually, I don't think there is any difference in shipping method now and when it was free. I think they just raised the price for 15 USD that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
If anyone is looking for a new TF Card to go with this Drone, then GearBest has this one on sale.

https://www.gearbest.com/memory-card...ml?wid=1433363

I have one and it works fine.
Good deal.
I bought this one (32 GB), it just came a few days ago, I tried it in my action camera, tried shooting in 4K 30 FPS and it works fine.
Last edited by kreso0; Dec 11, 2018 at 07:27 AM.
Dec 11, 2018, 08:11 AM
I really hope this drone will work with FPV goggles.

That is the drone experience I'm looking for after my Xiaomi Mi 4k drone flying the two drones filming the leading drone.

Quick Reply