Apr 07, 2020, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobofos
Hi there

My new video while quarantine is still ongoing
Nice!

But..... I was surprised you used such abrupt transitions, when the overall pace and soundtrack was so languid and laid back.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2020, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by St5525
i but wich u3 works better a1 or a2?
It does not matter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar

Looks like a classic beta tester /guniea pig scenario.
Does it really?
Because I see it in a different way.
I have drone for 350GBP instead of 1200..... but I don't know anything.
I am just a tester am I?
Apr 07, 2020, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopilko
Hi guys! is it possible to order Fimi 2020 with Fimi care to Poland from EU warehouse?
And what is ther cheapest price with coupon code?
Yeah should be fine to order from ES (Spain) warehouse.
I believe however with Fimi Care pre-orders where already sold out but they should become available again in time.

Other option would be from CN warehouse but takes about 3 weeks shipping.

You can always find correct working coupons in the first post of the thread.
Apr 07, 2020, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmunek
Does it really?
I am just a tester am I?
It's probably best to ignore the guy, been a VERY long time since there came anything interesting out of his posts in my opinion.

No idea why Fimi would have to remain producing the old one, it's not that the 2020 (that everybody wants now) is more expensive or anything.
Apr 07, 2020, 10:50 AM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Does it really?
I am just a tester am I?
It's only been out a year and it's been dropped for a new revision. A lot of people may not have actually owned the drone that long either, some maybe even 6months or less ?

The question is are they going to continue to support the old one ? Hmmmm.....
Apr 07, 2020, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
I can see from FB that the new controller will not be compatible with the old model.
….
Could you link the post?
Apr 07, 2020, 11:28 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
It does not matter....

Does it really?
I am just a tester am I?
Well that IS the current business model on may things these days, DJI does the same thing.
Apr 07, 2020, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
The question is who is realy going to care IF we receive no further firmware updates on the old one ? Hmmmm.....

The current is stable, app runs on basically all hardware that aint from the stone age. Nobody will care and continue flying their "old" drone.

I don't see what the fuss is about anything other than again another attempt to annoy and basically insult all Fimi flyers here in the thread by calling them "beta testers" for no reason. The X8 has been flying fine from the beginning.
Apr 07, 2020, 11:42 AM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaF
Could you link the post?
It's on the Fimi X8 SE Official Group. The Group Admin posted it today.

This new revision and the way it looks to be positioned, new camera, optical sensor and Fimicare for loss of drones. They've simply addressed all the long running issues the original model was having and dropped it.

Looks like it's certainly curtains for the old model but no idea about ongoing support which is the big question for existing owners.
Apr 07, 2020, 12:00 PM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Well that IS the current business model on may things these days, DJI does the same thing.
Thing with this one is, this is a revision

Good thing is they appear to have addressed all the areas that were giving so many owners problems last year.... e.g camera etc etc

If you've got a faulty one and are waiting for a replacement or one that has been lost. You may be in luck.

Support is a big question going forward on the old version because they've moved to a completely different brand chipset. The RC also looks to be new. So it look's compatibility with the old one is not looking great.
Apr 07, 2020, 12:05 PM
Thread OP
Maybe it's getting time DJI starts working on a mini revision than. Had / has way more problems than the X8 ever had.
Apr 07, 2020, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
The controller looks the same external to me by the way, the fact that it does not bind to the "old" model is probably because the protocol has changed as they improved the range.

(and range was already pretty impressive)
Apr 07, 2020, 12:17 PM
Hello! sharing a new video (until I can’t get my X8 flying I’ll take care of the material I’ve already captured). Images from southern Brazil.

Itapiranga Visto de Cima - 4k - Fimi X8 (6 min 1 sec)
Apr 07, 2020, 12:33 PM

Never ending firmware updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
The question is who is realy going to care IF we receive no further firmware updates on the old one ? Hmmmm.....

The current is stable, app runs on basically all hardware that aint from the stone age. Nobody will care and continue flying their "old" drone.

I don't see what the fuss is about anything other than again another attempt to annoy and basically insult all Fimi flyers here in the thread by calling them "beta testers" for no reason. The X8 has been flying fine from the beginning.
I think a lot of people get obsessed with firmware updates. They are to be expected following the introduction of a new model, but after a few updates, that should be it. No reason to see continuous firmware updates, and from what I can see, the X8 flies really well. I believe it's even possible to revert to previous firmwares, and firmware updates aren't forced.

If true, it's unfortunate the new controller won't work with the 2018 model, but at least that does suggest a wifi change that's more than skin deep. Given a choice of a compatible controller and 6km range versus a new controller and 8km range, I think virtually everyone would opt for the latter. It's unfortunate for the users who crash and burn their 2018 version, but good of Fimi to offer favourable terms for a 2020. I wonder how favourable?
Apr 07, 2020, 12:34 PM

5 Direction Button Failure

Pretty sure I've seen others with this fault but has anyone had any success with getting a replacement controller for an 04.2019 X8 via FIMI support? Mine stopped working in 3 directions (in,up,left) a few days ago. No clicks in those directions.

Quick Reply