Jun 27, 2020, 04:57 PM
They throw me out when I asked this.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2020, 05:01 PM
Thread OP
If you ask to be thrown out than yeah sure.

You told me yourself to delete all your posts.
Jun 28, 2020, 05:09 PM

Fast and Low over the sea. Big Time Adrenalin

Today I was filming my wife wind surfing. I prefer to record my surfing videos at 10-11 meters altitude at most times. This altitude gives very good view and appears to be a safe height at high speed flights over the sea.
In a certain place of flight, I wanted to test the minimum safe flight altitude at top speeds. Because I saw many other drones were not so reliable over the water at low flights.
So, I reduced the altitude to 8 meters. Then I saw that the drone struggling to keep its height and loosing altitude gradually. I tried to keep it at 8 meters but it was loosing height fast. My nerves did not allow me to play this game longer than 15 seconds and I gave up.
I am not sure what is causing this : height sensors, moving water or strong () side wind or all. Anyway, I can say that this drone keeps very well at fast and low fights over the water at high winds. I am really happy with how good it handles when it comes to hand flying in action type video recordings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anpJWFb4Scs
Jun 28, 2020, 05:30 PM
What do you think is the minimum safe height?

Never mind, answer appears to be 10-11m
Last edited by stevea3342; Jun 28, 2020 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 05:32 PM
Justapoke
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Jun 28, 2020, 06:18 PM
Hello again, did anybody received anything from EU/ES warehouse?
if yes, order on which date?
i "won" the lottery for my order on apr, 13, but received nothing. Maybe we can regroup and ask alltogheter for our orders to be sent

the "new" thread is for owner only so it must be discussed here

thank you
Jun 28, 2020, 06:26 PM
Thread OP

Shipping questions - this is the right thread for that yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by federikk
i "won" the lottery for my order on apr, 13, but received nothing. Maybe we can regroup and ask alltogheter for our orders to be sent

thank you
Hi federikk,

The new thread is not for "actual" owners only, but for shipping questions we agreed to use this old unmoderated thread yes.

Might be some who ordered from EU will answer, all I can say is that a bunch have shipped out but there are still a lot waiting.
I have no idea when a new batch will ship out, could be this week could take longer. I think for now there's nothing else one can do besides waiting.

I'll check my affiliate account in a few days to see if there's movement again.
Sorry I cannot give you a clear answer, but nobody here can tell.
Jun 28, 2020, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Hi federikk,

The new thread is not for "actual" owners only, but for shipping questions we agreed to use this old unmoderated thread yes.

Might be some who ordered from EU will answer, all I can say is that a bunch have shipped out but there are still a lot waiting.
I have no idea when a new batch will ship out, could be this week could take longer. I think for now there's nothing else one can do besides waiting.

I'll check my affiliate account in a few days to see if there's movement again.
Sorry I cannot give you a clear answer, but nobody here can tell.

thank you
Jun 28, 2020, 08:06 PM
https://youtu.be/HOryJegoiQE

A sneak peek of my next jump off,don't mind the jello and the crooked horizon in some footage it will be eventually editted out..
Last edited by C0cKPitVuE 777; Jun 28, 2020 at 08:24 PM.
Jun 28, 2020, 09:14 PM
I'm still having issues with getting smooth video results. No matter what I do I get either choppy freezing video or I'm getting the same video painting effects that show on the controlling phone screen, but I will get them on the final video too.
I just got another new card that has 100mb write speeds and tried it again this weekend and the video freezes and/or jerks about every second throughout. I had it set on 1080 for this most recent one.
I just can't get smooth video playback! Any ideas?
Jun 28, 2020, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackegg
I'm still having issues with getting smooth video results. No matter what I do I get either choppy freezing video or I'm getting the same video painting effects that show on the controlling phone screen, but I will get them on the final video too.
I just got another new card that has 100mb write speeds and tried it again this weekend and the video freezes and/or jerks about every second throughout. I had it set on 1080 for this most recent one.
Try using some new Codecs, and also use Media Player Classic to play them.
K-Lite Codec pack below.
https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Jun 29, 2020, 12:07 AM
Quote:

thank you
There is a strong possibility that you have been scammed by Bang Good, and will have to fight tooth and nail to get your money back via the PayPal claim system.

I paid my $400 to Bang Good way back on April 6th 2020, and when it became clear to me that the delivery goal posts were going to shift repeatedly until hell freezes over, I filed for my refund with PayPal.

Now, Bang Good has simply LIED to PayPal by providing them with a FICTITIOUS tracking number on this non-delivered X8 drone, despite the receipt that shows my payment made back on April 6th, with NO product delivery, and NO refund till date.

This blatant and very easily debunked LIE proves beyond any doubt that Bang Good is indeed running a "pyramid scheme" criminal scam with the sales of the 2020 Fimi X8 drone, for which only enough deliveries have been made, to create the false impression that sales contracts are being honored by Bang Good, when in reality, dozens and possibly hundreds of Bang Good customers seeking to buy the 2020 Fimi X8 drone at $400 USD, have NOT been sent the drone, and have NOT received a solitary dime in refund for that non-delivered product.

I wish you all the luck in the world, in getting your purchased Fimi X8 drone actually delivered, but if you find yourself empty handed after a very long wait, rest assured that you are not alone, as an unwitting victim of this patently criminal organization.
Jun 29, 2020, 12:07 AM
This may be obvious but are you copying the video files to your local hard drive? Playing them from your sd card reader can have mixed results.
Jun 29, 2020, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackegg
1: where are you getting your SD cards?
2: play the video back again. If it is skipping/smearing in the exact same spot it is probobly the card, if not, it can be anything in the display train from the CPU to the video player. VLC won't play 4k worth a crap for me, but the "movies and tv" app in windows ( NOT windows media player ) plays 4k just fine.
Jun 29, 2020, 01:25 AM
Quote:

thank you
Only a few drones were received from ES - no more than 5-6 here, as I am aware . And those were received mostly by the guys who ordered in the first days of April .
In the mean time some of us cancelled the orders - some of the early cancellers like me were refunded quickly and without problems , others are still waiting.
I don't think any "regroup and ask" will help , since there are many thousands of orders unfulfilled for ES and US warehouses at BG. People had more luck ordering from China, from BG or other sellers like Official Fimi Store on Aliexpress .
Obviously there are no enough drones manufactured to cover demand . Stock was very limited everywhere .
I myself gave up on this drone and ordered previous model from Amazon UK , for a good price. On the other hand price rose at BG way more than at Aliexpress and more than what I've paid at Amazon .
Fimi (aliexpress) said it will bring the drone in Spain , but never happened .
Last edited by seaman5705; Jun 29, 2020 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply