Mar 12, 2019, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosz
I have used Gapco something. Good advice
That one (Gabco) + a few more. There is always a risk of the battery being caught in customs and then you'll have to pay VAT. I have absolutely no idea if it can be paid online.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2019, 04:27 PM
My pre-order at Banggood is 2843 ... So for now I just have to see the videos and advances that you comment and wait ... I'm already psyched that the drone will arrive after May with a lot of luck ...
Previously I had a Phantom 3 4k, and I was happy with it, but after seeing how portable my boss's Mavic Pro was ... After watching many videos, forums and comparisons, I decided to buy the Fimi X8, since for quality and price it was the best thing I could buy without running out of a kidney ($$)
Mar 12, 2019, 04:40 PM
How do you know what your pre-order number is? I see it on the listing, but not on my invoice. Should I have looked at the time of purchase?
Mar 12, 2019, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonb
How do you know what your pre-order number is? I see it on the listing, but not on my invoice. Should I have looked at the time of purchase?
At the time of purchase there were 2842, after making the purchase and payment there were 2843 pre orders. Currently, at the time of making this post there are 3384 pre-orders. Since my purchase, on March 1, 542 pre-orders have been made, about 49 per day
Mar 12, 2019, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Everytime there is a big FW upgrade it may be a good idea to fly first in a big open area like a open field and first see/ monitor how the drone react after the update. Away from pavements too ...they are full of steel rods.... sidewalks is ready bad places to take off from....sometimes gas lines, comms cables....are all near sidewalks in towns and cities.
Yesterday I nearly crashed after taking off and land on a sidewalk!!!!

Since this drone is still in a testing phase, we should be more carefull with it.
It's all fun.
I guess I unfortunately agree. How did you nearly crash, what was the circumstances then?
Mar 12, 2019, 06:08 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoutVDWG
Dang, I'm waiting for my unit to arrive but one of the main reasons I bought it was for photography. I couldn't find any info on the internet regarding photo quality as everyone was talking about/showing video only.

So this is kind of scaring me now, but hopefully fimi will continue fixing all the bugs and problems with this drone, including photo quality.
I don't have much use for stills but I have tried some with my P4P. They alternate between awesome and blurry crap with all the same cam settings between shots seconds apart. < shrugg >
Mar 12, 2019, 06:09 PM
Some people were asking for pictures, so i launched my X8 and my Mi4k in my yard today and took the same pic. I don't use my drone for pictures, but the clarity and detail in the X8 are leaps and bounds above the Mi4k.

jpg's attached.
Mar 12, 2019, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhelmer
I guess I unfortunately agree. How did you nearly crash, what was the circumstances then?
I was taking off and landing on a sidewalk between a row of homes. The drone was unstable during the very last phase of the landing process and moved sideways the props nearly touching my vehicle's front end.

Today also during landing the drone slyde sideways right before touch down.
Now that can be cause by prop wash OR the motor speed should be controlled beter before touch down.

It is worse now then before the update. I noticed too after returning to the landing pad, the distance error is 2m from the reading at take off.
Now that error is the same when the PL was very good for me. After the bottom sensor detect the landing pad it steers the drone towards the landing pad pretty good but just just before touch down the drone slides sideways.
Mar 13, 2019, 05:47 AM

Propellers from Banggood.

Props ordered but battery won't ship.
Mar 13, 2019, 06:40 AM
→ aRCee Moloko [YT]
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Props ordered but battery won't ship.
I've reported it to BG.

Any other countrys with the problem, besides Bulgaria and Canada?
Mar 13, 2019, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
I've reported it to BG.

Any other countrys with the problem, besides Bulgaria and Canada?
I know for sure our crappy post do not allow shipment of battery ...but not problem with a dron (which also hava e battery) and phones and it ....STUPID LAW-s ...reeeallyyy
Mar 13, 2019, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMengueche
At the time of purchase there were 2842, after making the purchase and payment there were 2843 pre orders. Currently, at the time of making this post there are 3384 pre-orders. Since my purchase, on March 1, 542 pre-orders have been made, about 49 per day
Thanks, I ordered mine on March 4th, but did not look at the presale number. I did notice that the orders on the props and battery doubled since I ordered them yesterday.
Mar 13, 2019, 09:01 AM
A guy in one of the Facebook groups just shared that Gearbest support gave him the 23rd of April as shipping date
Mar 13, 2019, 11:45 AM
I ordered mine on Banggood on the 7th of march and my invoice says "expected shipping date: 2019-03-24" and so far that date hasn't changed since I placed the order so that sounds promising.
Pretty weird though that Gearbest is expecting it a full month later.
Mar 13, 2019, 12:18 PM
Sorry to bring the bad news but that doesn't mean anything. My shipping date is still the 26th of February

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply