Feb 11, 2020, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnolo
Very nice video and great Fimi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2000
Lovely video, crystal clear and steady

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Thanks. Fimi X8 really shines in good light conditions. And I am glad that my second X8 shows better performance in low temperatures, regarding jello and jitter.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal hunter
Thanks. Fimi X8 really shines in good light conditions. And I am glad that my second X8 shows better performance in low temperatures, regarding jello and jitter.
Great video and another example that there is nothing wrong with x8 and cold weather. (as I also personally discovered by flighing in cold weather my self)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Feb 11, 2020, 04:58 PM

lines on video feed

Can anyone advise ob why I'm getting lines on corrugated roofs (see attached). I'm using firmware 1020a it's the first time I've used the drone properly since buying it a few weeks ago so I haven't got anything to compare it.

The video feed also seems out of focus. Could anyone advise on what I maybe doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated
Feb 11, 2020, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthQ
Can anyone advise ob why I'm getting lines on corrugated roofs (see attached). I'm using firmware 1020a it's the first time I've used the drone properly since buying it a few weeks ago so I haven't got anything to compare it.

The video feed also seems out of focus. Could anyone advise on what I maybe doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated
Can you see those on any display you are watching the videos on?
Feb 11, 2020, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal hunter
Can you see those on any display you are watching the videos on?
I can see them on my pc, mobile phone and tablet.
Feb 11, 2020, 05:59 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Search google for "moiré-effect"

Even a $20.000,- camera can have that trouble depending on object in view.
Feb 11, 2020, 06:07 PM
It's all crap
Quote:

Any help is appreciated
If we're looking at the same thing on the roofs, it's called a moiré pattern. It's an anomaly that's been inherent to video since it was invented. You see it when you shot something that has a pattern that closely matches your video resolution. Back in old-timey days, you saw it a lot in newscasts when we had a lower resolution video standard and the anchors insisted on wearing suits and ties that had pinstripes or herringbone-type patterns. The higher resolutions we have today have made moiré much less of an issue, but even at 4k resolution, it can still crop up. That's not an issue with your X8.

Since I don't own an X8, I can't speak to your focus question.

Justapoke beat me to your answer while I wrote this!
Last edited by Turdcickle; Feb 11, 2020 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Updated information
Feb 11, 2020, 06:21 PM
It's just a bug...

NFZ No Fly Zone

About the NFZ, here is the latest database in Excel format that your FIMI X8 SE contains.
Data typicaly seems to come from the ICAO databases.
It just lists the sites points and elevations, all have the same class.
There's no notion of polygon area or size of site.

I extracted it from SQLiteDB that comes embedded in the NFZ firmware (online) version 1000.

DATA IN EXCEL FORMAT:
https://ln2.sync.com/dl/293829920/9b...77yb9-y5a7z8v5
Last edited by alambik; Feb 11, 2020 at 06:30 PM.
Feb 11, 2020, 07:10 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alambik
About the NFZ, here is the latest database in Excel format that your FIMI X8 SE contains.

I extracted it from SQLiteDB that comes embedded in the NFZ firmware (online) version 1000.

DATA IN EXCEL FORMAT:
And what do we suppose to do with this?

I guess you just look in to this data out of interest, but the Fimi X8 has NO NFZ activated outside China. !!

It never has and it never will as we can always revert to different firmware, in case it ever happens that Fimi implements / activate it in a firmware update.

Never heard of anybody having troubles with NFZ on the Fimi X8.
Last edited by Justapoke; Feb 11, 2020 at 07:16 PM.
Feb 11, 2020, 07:35 PM
Quote:

DATA IN EXCEL FORMAT:
Thanks for sharing,it's greatly appreciated and very vital information.
Feb 11, 2020, 07:42 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
Thanks for sharing,it's greatly appreciated and very vital information.
Can you explain why this is "vital information", buddy?

Feb 11, 2020, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Search google for "moiré-effect"

Even a $20.000,- camera can have that trouble depending on object in view.
Do you have any idea why that would work when the image is so out of focus?
Feb 11, 2020, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdcickle
If we're looking at the same thing on the roofs, it's called a moiré pattern. It's an anomaly that's been inherent to video since it was invented. You see it when you shot something that has a pattern that closely matches your video resolution. Back in old-timey days, you saw it a lot in newscasts when we had a lower resolution video standard and the anchors insisted on wearing suits and ties that had pinstripes or herringbone-type patterns. The higher resolutions we have today have made moiré much less of an issue, but even at 4k resolution, it can still crop up. That's not an issue with your X8.

Since I don't own an X8, I can't speak to your focus question.

Justapoke beat me to your answer while I wrote this!
With the video being so out of focus and the moire pattern having a consistent circular pattern it seems odd that effect could happen and appear in the way it does.
Feb 12, 2020, 05:44 AM

Can Eachine ROTG01 detect interferred 5.8GHz at flying field?

Further to post #14522 (Page 969), checked if ROTG01 can detect 5.8GHz frequencies at flying field before flight of X8 to avoid possible interference.

Stock antenna of ROTG01 could not detect 5.8Ghz when RC/X8 power off.
This means;
A) No 5.8GHz is emitted around the flying field or
B) There is 5.8GHz but ROTG01 can not detect.

Checking emission of X8's RC, it seems using Frequency Hopping. Therefore lesser possibility of singal loss by interference in my flying field.
Anyway did actual flight and as usual no problem and made perfect PL.

Timeline is;
0:00 – 0:30 Scan while RC/X8 power off. No frequency detected.
0:35 – 1:10 Scan while RC/X8 power on. 5.8GHz frequencies were detected.

1:12 GPS Test. Good GPS reception In Use 10 – 17
1:30 UAV Forecast Good To Fly. Sats Locked 11.1
1:49 Preflight check – FC 1060C
2:12 Changed limit of Flight Height to 44.7m for other test purpose
2:52 Take off
- Some portion was cut -
4:31 Landing pad detected at 7.2m H
4:48 Landed on the pad

FIMI X8 ROTG01 test at flying field Feb 12 (4 min 55 sec)

FYI Set up of ROTG01 is;
FIMI X8 Frequency check by Eachine ROTG01 Feb 8 (4 min 48 sec)

Photo of ROTG01 is attached.

Aiolosimport
Feb 12, 2020, 06:13 AM
Quote:

DATA IN EXCEL FORMAT:
That's great work and some really useful information.

It's got 11,525 Global NFZ sites already built in that means they could trigger them in a future FW update which is good to note. The way regulations are going they might have to but it's good to see the X8 already has Global ICAO NFZ sites on board.

Quick Reply