Dec 10, 2019, 09:02 AM
Rick B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
??

Fimi X8 handles cold weather just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15wviI0nvmE

That looked really good! The high speed fixed wing shots almost looked like racing drone footage!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 09:38 AM

Camera gimbal problems

IF the camera touches ANYTHING during startup, expect weird gimbal problems.

USE A LANDING PAD OF LEG EXTENSIONS!
Dec 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Fimi add these folders....don't know the reason.

New feature according to app: "Slow motion ".

Crappy weather here in Canada too.
it's 82 and sunny here in South West Florida...... you should consider relocation.
Dec 10, 2019, 11:47 AM
Rick B
Automatic Update FIMI NAVI app. 4 hours ago.
Dec 10, 2019, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bernsee
That looked really good! The high speed fixed wing shots almost looked like racing drone footage!
Those fast moving shots were definitely not from FIMI, but a racing drone, I would guess a 5 inch carrying a GoPro....
Dec 10, 2019, 01:21 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackra
Those fast moving shots were definitely not from FIMI, but a racing drone, I would guess a 5 inch carrying a GoPro....
Says on description: I used my FIMI X8 SE and my older brother flew with his acrobatic drone, recording on a gopro Hero 6.
Dec 10, 2019, 02:43 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
777 have you flown your X8 this season in cold weather? I wonder if an update is causing some of these cold temp problems, I'm seeing them crop up on the FB pages now.
Dec 10, 2019, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Yes because they weren't from a Fimi X8
Dec 10, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
777 have you flown your X8 this season in cold weather? I wonder if an update is causing some of these cold temp problems, I'm seeing them crop up on the FB pages now.
I flew Sunday but haven't look at the SD card video yet. The FPV video was ok. The controller and the drone had connection problems but that was because my Fimi app was outdated.

Thurday I may do a flight and see what happens...a -7C temp will be the best.....same as my flight back in February.
Dec 10, 2019, 04:15 PM
Rick B
Does anyone know when the GPS home position is set?

Is it set on power up?
Or is it set from the take off position?

I always assumed it was set on power up but does anyone know for sure?
Dec 10, 2019, 04:54 PM
Quote:

Is it set on power up?

It is where it takes off from. I always power mine up my X8 in my lanai which is about 75 feet from my takeoff spot. The drone always returns to my take off spot within 1 or two feet when I set it on RTH.
Dec 10, 2019, 04:56 PM
Quote:

Is it set on power up?

I always assumed that it is set from the take off point. What if you move the drone, after powering it up and connection to the RC. I think I have already done it to get a better GPS reception. At least thus far the X8 always returned home to the take of point.
Dec 10, 2019, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal hunter
I always assumed that it is set from the take off point. What if you move the drone, after powering it up and connection to the RC. I think I have already done it to get a better GPS reception. At least thus far the X8 always returned home to the take of point.
Earlier this year I tested this by flying out 1km from my start location. I landed the drone and took off flying towards my location. Using the red RTH button on the controller to my suprise the drone flew away from me to the second take off position.

One feature I want to test is the dynamic home position if that is the right words. I think that is if you take off from a moving boat....
Dec 10, 2019, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Earlier this year I tested this by flying out 1km from my start location. I landed the drone and took off flying towards my location. Using the red RTH button on the controller to my suprise the drone flew away from me to the second take off position.

One feature I want to test is the dynamic home position if that is the right words. I think that is if you take off from a moving boat....
Is that where you set it to follow the transmitter and not the takeoff spot when you hit RTH? I remember seeing that on one of my drones, probably this one.

Quick Reply