Oct 22, 2019, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkris
I've read that the Fimi X8 issues a App warning, then goes into Hover when encountering a USA NFZ....,,,,Also read that NFZ's are only for China...They can't both be right! Would someone in US please let me know what effect, if anything NFZ s have on the X8. I'm still waiting for mine from BG so I can't test myself...thanks
I am in the US and have never had an issue with a NFZ. I live about a mile from a dirt runway airport and about 10 miles from a real airport, but I have never flown within 5 miles of the real airport.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limel
After 42 days of waiting (Gearbest) , the drone finally arrived.
Now, first error occurred. I can't do magnetic calibration. I tried outside, inside the result is always the same . Unsuccessful. Stop already at horizontal calibration.
I disconnected the battery, repeated the process several times, nothing.
Because the drone is new, of course I tried it to flies, all OK (even without calibration).
How can I solve the problem with unsuccessful calibration?
When new FW is updated, I always do IMU Check, Gimbal Advanced setting at home at level place measured by bubble meter and Compass Calibration at flying field before the flight.

When I do Compass Calibration, to avoid the place X8 indicated Comapass interference, please proceed Compass Calibration or change the flying place in the past.

Next, To lift up X8 to about 1.5m height from the ground (as high as possible) and try to keep horizontal as possible and make CW rotation (usually less than 2 turns) and then head down to vertical and do CW rotation (usaully less than 2 turns).
After completion of Compass Calibration, I powered off X8, RC and then reboot for actual flight.
Below is the Compass Calibration made on Oct 17 atter Cam 1019C was installed.

FIMI X8 Compass Calib after FW update Oct 17 (1 min 8 sec)

Hope some of help to execute Compass Calibration.

Aiolosimport
Oct 22, 2019, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Alixpress sells them for the DJI Mavic.
Need at least two kits , three better.
Note: only use the long leg extensions, the reason for two kits.
Hello 777Martian
First class thank you I am going to get them -
Today I went out after all calibrations completed for a test flight and the sun came out to cheer up the occasions.
In the park there are concrete slabs with cut out and they are as level as I can guess so I made them my take off point.
Made to measure the front legs and back legs are are supported and importantly the gimbal is well clear to swivel about.
Did take off and great result - no warnings and a steady picture on my phone screen.
Now my excitement went off a bit when I climbed to 20 metres and the wobbles started - its got to be the gimbal damper balls!?
Im sure all propellers are good as the drone looks stable and the sound is nice and steady....
There are two very short video clips to look at here
https://www.haverhilldrone.co.uk/494-2/
next we wait if FIMI respond and I will certainly let you all know if I get a result
fly safe and prosper
from Charlie
Oct 22, 2019, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDazzle
Good Day Everybody

Charlie here with the latest update regarding my wobbly video moans

Having Purchased my X8SE from GB I felt that they should be the first place to request help/support

Sending them all the details and a sample video has prompted a reply from them

Liliana of Gearbest Customer Service says

Thank you for very much for your order and also for kindly bringing the issue to our attention.

Please check the gimbal cushioning ball (requires the customer to prepare and change it himself), which can improve the situation.

If the problem still exists, please feel free to contact us again.

Now I have replied asking them for the necessary spare parts to be sent urgent with full fitting instructions and a confirmation that making repairs to the drone will not affect the guarantee in any way.

Now, I am not confident to continue with them at this moment making home repairs and of course for the next 6 weeks should they reply and send parts will still have my X8SE grounded - and its NOT MY FAULT - and therefore have sent in a support request to FIMI -- when I get more news I will be posting it here. watch this space as they say

All best wishes to you all from Charlie
Two flight with my X8 wintertime, temp about -10C.
Lots of shaking video.

FIMI X8 SE 8 Feb '19 (11 min 57 sec)

FIMI X8 SE test flight after an 8 Feb '19 SW update. (14 min 54 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDazzle
Hello 777Martian
First class thank you I am going to get them -
Today I went out after all calibrations completed for a test flight and the sun came out to cheer up the occasions.
In the park there are concrete slabs with cut out and they are as level as I can guess so I made them my take off point.
Made to measure the front legs and back legs are are supported and importantly the gimbal is well clear to swivel about.
Did take off and great result - no warnings and a steady picture on my phone screen.
Now my excitement went off a bit when I climbed to 20 metres and the wobbles started - its got to be the gimbal damper balls!?
Im sure all propellers are good as the drone looks stable and the sound is nice and steady....
There are two very short video clips to look at here
https://www.haverhilldrone.co.uk/494-2/
next we wait if FIMI respond and I will certainly let you all know if I get a result
fly safe and prosper
from Charlie
Seeing those videos really think there is definitely a gimbal problem. I hope you send all those video clips to Fimi. Martin
Oct 22, 2019, 11:34 AM
Quick question. Where is the menu setting for the IMU check? I've seen it before but for some reason I can't find it again.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-n-3D
Quick question. Where is the menu setting for the IMU check? I've seen it before but for some reason I can't find it again.
Try below Firmware Update click "Maintenance Mode", then "Drone Body Sensor" Update IMU top right hand corner
Oct 22, 2019, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkris
Try below Firmware Update click "Maintenance Mode", then "Drone Body Sensor" Update IMU top right hand corner
Perfect. Thanks!
Oct 22, 2019, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiolosimport
When new FW is updated, I always do IMU Check, Gimbal Advanced setting at home at level place measured by bubble meter and Compass Calibration at flying field before the flight.

When I do Compass Calibration, to avoid the place X8 indicated Comapass interference, please proceed Compass Calibration or change the flying place in the past.

Next, To lift up X8 to about 1.5m height from the ground (as high as possible) and try to keep horizontal as possible and make CW rotation (usually less than 2 turns) and then head down to vertical and do CW rotation (usaully less than 2 turns).
After completion of Compass Calibration, I powered off X8, RC and then reboot for actual flight.
Below is the Compass Calibration made on Oct 17 atter Cam 1019C was installed.

https://youtu.be/15Tg9bOZHPM

Hope some of help to execute Compass Calibration.

Aiolosimport
No compass calibration problem for me too; 2 small comments: 1. when performing the calibration keep the RC / Cell away from the drone, I think can help; 2. did you notice that the text of the app says to keep the nose down while the comic illustrates the opposite? I asked Fimi with an email which was the right position but they didn't answer (they thought the question was too stupid ???). I also suggested to FIMI to make a video on YT as they did for FIMI A3.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonb
I am in the US and have never had an issue with a NFZ. I live about a mile from a dirt runway airport and about 10 miles from a real airport, but I have never flown within 5 miles of the real airport.
Thank you.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
When Firmware is updated by Fimi, the FW is then loaded via the Fimi navi app to your phone. After you startup your Fimi X8 and it start to talk to the controller, the FW is downloaded to the SD card installed inside the X8 first, from there it get installed into the Fimi hardware itself.
So it the SD card inside the X8 is too slow or the Fimi hardware dont like it, the installation will "time out" and NOT getting installed.

Now previous FW update installed no problem BUT this time the Fimi programmer did something...who knows what and we have these problems now.

I still need to go through the settings to see what else was updated if any in the camera. Lapse function is active now but is not working properly...
Hi Martin, I always read your posts with a lot of interest (along with those from aiolosimport, justapoke, ...). I don't think it's a problem of "something made by programmers". Yesterday I did the last fw update and I noticed that the CAMERA FW is much larger than the others FW and therefore it is more vulnerable during Wi-Fi copies if you don't have a high-performance SD card. In my case I didn't have any time out problems. I noticed that during the first 50% of the progress bar the FW is copied from the dir of the cell to the root of the sd of the drone (it lasted several minutes) and then the actual fw is updated, much faster (you can see it because the red and green front LEDs flash quickly). In a new post I hope I will show the files on my cell phone con i loro attibuti before and after the FW update , I use android o.s.

apropos: "con i loro attibuti" is italian...it means "with their properties"
Last edited by anto22; Oct 22, 2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: translation of italian words
Oct 22, 2019, 01:44 PM
@AnimaLupi, @ aiolosimport,... thanks for your help.

My mistake was that I did not try the drone with the factory firmware but went to update it first.
I also tried calibration with different heights, rotation speeds, nothing helped.
After 1 minute of calibration attempt, the calibration fails. In only one case came calibration to picture for vertical calibration and and immediately error "failure calibration".
When I select Drone status , I get the information Magnetic environment is week. I assume that the magnetic sensor is working.
Has anyone before such problems with this drone?

I have another drone a MJX Bugs 4W on which calibration is done without any problems.
Last edited by limel; Oct 22, 2019 at 01:54 PM.
Oct 22, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limel
@AnimaLupi, @ aiolosimport,... thanks for your help.

My mistake was that I did not try the drone with the factory firmware but went to update it first.
I also tried calibration with different heights, rotation speeds, nothing helped.
After 1 minute of calibration attempt, the calibration fails. In only one case came calibration to picture for vertical calibration and and immediately error "failure calibration".
When I select Drone status , I get the information Magnetic environment is week. I assume that the magnetic sensor is working.
Has anyone before such problems with this drone?

I have another drone a MJX Bugs 4W on which calibration is done without any problems.
My buggs 2 clone had to be calibrated each time you turned it on. That was a pain, but I still really liked that drone. (Not nearly as much as this one)
Oct 22, 2019, 04:03 PM

Compass Calibration

I had problems with compass calibration at first... often never reaching 2nd base!

I found holding the drone 1.5 metres high and giving 3 or 4 horizontal turns then go straight to vertical turns (nose up/down doesn't seem to matter) BEFORE it tells me to do the verticals, worked fine and calibration succeeded.
Oct 23, 2019, 02:07 AM
After a good night's sleep (for me and the drone), a charged battery, a replaced mobile phone with a newer model and a newer android system, the latest version of the fimi navi app , and following the advice (drone not completely horizontal, forward slightly tilted down) I finally did a successful calibration!
Why mistakes earlier? I do not know, but I have bad experiences with phones with modified-not original android systems (root, background programs, ..) and some apps. Maybe that was the reason, Murphy law.

Thank you all for your help.

Quick Reply