Oct 22, 2019, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiolosimport
There might be different way to start up X8 but I'm doing this way and always works fine.

1. Disconnect USB cable from RC
2. Power on RC
3. Power on X8
4. Wait RC's LED to be solid white
5. Connect USB cable to RC
6. Automatically connecting FIMI Navi and push enter to start

To disconnect connection, first power off X8, then RC and remove USB Cable from RC.

Aiolosimport
This approach seems to be the best solution. I had described her in post # 11493 as well. Thank you for your confirmation.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwldr
Here's my latest puzzle:
When I check out my videos on my SD card I always get some stuff in formats that I can't open--THX, RS,RLV to be specific. I have tried downloading all sorts of viewers from the APP store but no luck. Any advice?
I have been addressing this by simply going through the list of what I have captured for the day and deleting the mystery files as the JPEG and MP4's seem to have what I've recorded anyway.
Hello, the files with the unrecognized extensions are low quality ones used for thumbnails and previews, so it's ok deleting them.

Quote:
One other question-- how do I capture screen shots of what I see on my app while I'm flying?
I'm using Android and there I use the AZ Screen Recording app for that purpose.
Oct 22, 2019, 05:51 AM

Wobbly Video

Good Day Everybody

Charlie here with the latest update regarding my wobbly video moans

Having Purchased my X8SE from GB I felt that they should be the first place to request help/support

Sending them all the details and a sample video has prompted a reply from them

Liliana of Gearbest Customer Service says

Thank you for very much for your order and also for kindly bringing the issue to our attention.

Please check the gimbal cushioning ball (requires the customer to prepare and change it himself), which can improve the situation.

If the problem still exists, please feel free to contact us again.

Now I have replied asking them for the necessary spare parts to be sent urgent with full fitting instructions and a confirmation that making repairs to the drone will not affect the guarantee in any way.

Now, I am not confident to continue with them at this moment making home repairs and of course for the next 6 weeks should they reply and send parts will still have my X8SE grounded - and its NOT MY FAULT - and therefore have sent in a support request to FIMI -- when I get more news I will be posting it here. watch this space as they say

All best wishes to you all from Charlie
Oct 22, 2019, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDazzle
Good Day Everybody

Charlie here with the latest update regarding my wobbly video moans

Having Purchased my X8SE from GB I felt that they should be the first place to request help/support

Sending them all the details and a sample video has prompted a reply from them

Liliana of Gearbest Customer Service says

Thank you for very much for your order and also for kindly bringing the issue to our attention.

Please check the gimbal cushioning ball (requires the customer to prepare and change it himself), which can improve the situation.

If the problem still exists, please feel free to contact us again.

Now I have replied asking them for the necessary spare parts to be sent urgent with full fitting instructions and a confirmation that making repairs to the drone will not affect the guarantee in any way.

Now, I am not confident to continue with them at this moment making home repairs and of course for the next 6 weeks should they reply and send parts will still have my X8SE grounded - and its NOT MY FAULT - and therefore have sent in a support request to FIMI -- when I get more news I will be posting it here. watch this space as they say

All best wishes to you all from Charlie
VERY IMPORTANT!

1.)The Fimi X8 front legs is too short and if the gimbal touch anything during start up, the cam test test will fail and cause gimbal horizon and bad video recording.

Note: a pair of leg extensions work the best.

2.)Always use a flat hard surface or the best a landing pad for take off.

3.) Keep drone as level as possible during start up.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:28 AM
Pristine Pumicestone Passage Queensland - FIMI X8 SE (1 min 41 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 06:45 AM
To answer your last question. I use the Screen Recorder app on Google Play to capture what I see from my phone. It will allow you to take pictures and videos of your screen.

Quote:
Here's my latest puzzle:
When I check out my videos on my SD card I always get some stuff in formats that I can't open--THX, RS,RLV to be specific. I have tried downloading all sorts of viewers from the APP store but no luck. Any advice?
I have been addressing this by simply going through the list of what I have captured for the day and deleting the mystery files as the JPEG and MP4's seem to have what I've recorded anyway.
One other question-- how do I capture screen shots of what I see on my app while I'm flying?
Thanks for the answers and for everyone's patience with a raw beginner! George
Oct 22, 2019, 07:10 AM
Αμμοθίνες Fimi X8 SE (3 min 52 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 07:12 AM

Fimi X8 SE is on the way!

Received email from Banggood this morning, "Order Shipped" !!!! Order date was Sept 24....been "processing " until last Friday, when status changed to "Back Ordered" Then back to "Processing" yesterday, and "Shipped " today along with email ( estimated delivery Nov 20th) Guess they received a shipment from Xiaomi !!!
Oct 22, 2019, 07:28 AM

Unsuccessful magnetic calibration

After 42 days of waiting (Gearbest) , the drone finally arrived.
Now, first error occurred. I can't do magnetic calibration. I tried outside, inside the result is always the same . Unsuccessful. Stop already at horizontal calibration.
I disconnected the battery, repeated the process several times, nothing.
Because the drone is new, of course I tried it to flies, all OK (even without calibration).
How can I solve the problem with unsuccessful calibration?
Last edited by limel; Oct 22, 2019 at 07:36 AM.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
VERY IMPORTANT!

1.)The Fimi X8 front legs is too short and if the gimbal touch anything during start up, the cam test test will fail and cause gimbal horizon and bad video recording.

Note: a pair of leg extensions work the best.

2.)Always use a flat hard surface or the best a landing pad for take off.

3.) Keep drone as level as possible during start up.
Thank You for wise words

earlier you mentioned ali for leg extensions - are you able to advise the correct words to find these that you recommend as I have looked and can see a number of different ones. I would like to try the correct or successful type and to order correctly.

best wishes from Charlie
Oct 22, 2019, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDazzle
Thank You for wise words

earlier you mentioned ali for leg extensions - are you able to advise the correct words to find these that you recommend as I have looked and can see a number of different ones. I would like to try the correct or successful type and to order correctly.

best wishes from Charlie
Alixpress sells them for the DJI Mavic.
Need at least two kits , three better.
Note: only use the long leg extensions, the reason for two kits.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkris
Received email from Banggood this morning, "Order Shipped" !!!! Order date was Sept 24....been "processing " until last Friday, when status changed to "Back Ordered" Then back to "Processing" yesterday, and "Shipped " today along with email ( estimated delivery Nov 20th) Guess they received a shipment from Xiaomi !!!
Congrats. Ordered Sept 11th and still listed as back ordered. Guess BG ships these on a lottery system.
Oct 22, 2019, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limel
After 42 days of waiting (Gearbest) , the drone finally arrived.
Now, first error occurred. I can't do magnetic calibration. I tried outside, inside the result is always the same . Unsuccessful. Stop already at horizontal calibration.
I disconnected the battery, repeated the process several times, nothing.
Because the drone is new, of course I tried it to flies, all OK (even without calibration).
How can I solve the problem with unsuccessful calibration?
I manage to successfully calibrate the compass only if I keep the drone not completely horizontal and not completely vertical in the two steps (can't remember if I've to point it toward the ground or the sky when doing horizontal and keep same angle while doing vertical, but you get the idea).
It always made my worried I get successful calibration only that way, but so far I've had no issues...
Oct 22, 2019, 08:25 AM
I've sent several emails throughout the process. They were always quick to answer, but not always very clear. This is the 1st email I received that was not a response to one of mine. There was no tracking info, but it did say "The tracking info for your order may not be received at this moment, please wait for an update."
Oct 22, 2019, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnarmd
Sometimes you do not get the simplest things. If you have started the remote control and the Fimi Navi app does not start automatically there is a simple solution. She worked perfectly with me several times now. All you have to do is pull out the thick USB plug at the bottom of the remote and then put it back in again. That's all.

The Fimi Navi App should not work yet. Start the remote control first. Then turn on the Fimi and wait until the two devices have made the connection (start button and landing button are both white). Turn on the phone and unlock. When the desktop with the icons is visible, the USB plug is plugged in. Now the Fimi Navi App should start. If not unplug the USB plug and insert it again.
With my phone, it connects every time no matter which order I boot things up or plug things in. But with my M89 tablet, it is hit or miss. Mostly miss. I have sat for hours following the procedures I have read here (Including yours) and it will not connect. They zippo... for no apparent reason, it connects. Others have experienced the same problem with tehM89 and others have not. I think I just have a bad one. But no big deal, I mostly use my phone.

Quick Reply