Sep 17, 2019, 02:08 PM
It's all crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaucao
Here we go:

Video: Fimi X8 SE, 4k, 30fps, F-LOG mode. (I don't remember the FW version right now)
Edition software: Premiere Pro.
Tools: Color Lumetri

- Added "Contrail 35" LUT, 70%.
- Basic adjustments:
  • Temp: -20
  • Exp: +0.2
  • Contrast: +5
  • Highlights: -60
  • Shadows: -5
Thanks, casaucao.

I'm learning more and more that F-LOG is definitely the way to shoot when color grading in post. Maybe try some rowdy polka music on your next vid!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 09:13 PM
Got the carrying case for the drone I don’t yet have 😂😭. Looks nice. One zippered pouch on the outside, one outside Velcro pouch. One internal flap that you can put paper in, maybe. Foam cut out areas to put drone and accessories. Very good feel, worth the $18 and fast shipping from amazon, and same price as many banggood cases too, so worth it. Free shipping!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4XVK94..._xkzGDbAP6EZW4
Sep 17, 2019, 10:54 PM
For those that had/have the bigger Mi drone 4k:

How does the X8-SE perform in terms of stability in slight winds? I want to get a smaller portable drone but love the power from the Mi and its strong performance in the gusts.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_dog
For those that had/have the bigger Mi drone 4k:

How does the X8-SE perform in terms of stability in slight winds? I want to get a smaller portable drone but love the power from the Mi and its strong performance in the gusts.
I just recently sold my Mi 4k, it was a great drone, as you said, very stable in the wind, strong and heavy. But it was a pain in the a.. to carry around, so it was mainly safely stored at home. The X8 is much lighter, bur it is much faster and it handles wind very well, I just flew in 50 km/h gusts without problems. It is a bit more twitchy and shakes in the wind, but the camera gimbal does a great job stabilizing the video, so no worries there. And also the app is a major plus with the X8, I hated the Mi Drone app...
Sep 18, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackra
I just recently sold my Mi 4k, it was a great drone, as you said, very stable in the wind, strong and heavy. But it was a pain in the a.. to carry around, so it was mainly safely stored at home. The X8 is much lighter, bur it is much faster and it handles wind very well, I just flew in 50 km/h gusts without problems. It is a bit more twitchy and shakes in the wind, but the camera gimbal does a great job stabilizing the video, so no worries there. And also the app is a major plus with the X8, I hated the Mi Drone app...
I still have my Mi 4k with 5 serviceable batteries , flies great but sound so loud compare to my X8.
Yes the app sucks, they should still update the app since the Mi 4k is still for sale online brand new.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
I still have my Mi 4k with 5 serviceable batteries , flies great but sound so loud compare to my X8.
Yes the app sucks, they should still update the app since the Mi 4k is still for sale online brand new.
hello ,

how old are your batteries and what is their number of cycle ?

i ask cause now all my 4 batteries of my mi drone 4k are out ( there is at least 1 cell by battery which have internal resistance higher than other , which cause température increase and drop voltage ) , cannot use a lot any more or only for some test near ground .

me
1)2016/08/02 ( magic of stock when you buy a spare battery in mid 2017)
2)2017/01/10
3)2017/03/20
4)2017/05/25
Sep 18, 2019, 08:55 AM
Have you ever been able to extract usable information from the .playback files in the Root \ FimiLogger \ x8 \ FlightPlayback-xxx ... \ xxx ... \ folder?
Sep 18, 2019, 09:12 AM

Teardown on Fimi X8 controller.

Desarmar por completo emisora FIMI X8 SE By Canarias Stock (10 min 22 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen11
hello ,

how old are your batteries and what is their number of cycle ?

i ask cause now all my 4 batteries of my mi drone 4k are out ( there is at least 1 cell by battery which have internal resistance higher than other , which cause température increase and drop voltage ) , cannot use a lot any more or only for some test near ground .

me
1)2016/08/02 ( magic of stock when you buy a spare battery in mid 2017)
2)2017/01/10
3)2017/03/20
4)2017/05/25
I will check after work. Will charged the batteries too.
Doing it every 3 month.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabiulder
Got the carrying case for the drone I don’t yet have ����. Looks nice. One zippered pouch on the outside, one outside Velcro pouch. One internal flap that you can put paper in, maybe. Foam cut out areas to put drone and accessories. Very good feel, worth the $18 and fast shipping from amazon, and same price as many banggood cases too, so worth it. Free shipping!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4XVK94..._xkzGDbAP6EZW4
I have that bag. I got it from China a few months back on a recommendation from on this site. It is nice and compact, but it did not carry all the crap I wanted to bring with me on a road trip. I found a bigger one in the form of a knapsack (Lowepro DroneGuard BP 200 Backpack) on one of those daily deal sites (Another lead on got on this site). That I liked better. It was cheap when I got it, but it is 2 or three times more expensive on Amazon.
If you travel light, you will be happy with this one. Its a great bag for a great pice.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:49 PM
hi im new to all this and am really stuck, i have a fimi x8 and commander v1 goggles and and when press auto search cant connect, have a hubsan 501s and can connect to them so no problem with the goggles,would really appricate some help on this,thank you.
Sep 18, 2019, 04:05 PM

Antenna front motorarm

Hi

I´m gonna renovate my crashed X8 by getting new engine arms and a battery.... hopefully nothing else I have already bought another X8 but will renovate the dead drone like a challenge
One of the things that was broken was the tip of the internal antenna inside the left front motorarm. My question is whether the antenna (2.4GHz) must have the metal tip that had been worn off? The picture shows the antenna, about 20cm without the metal tip (which I have drawn instead). Does the antenna work without the metal tip? If not, does anyone have an idea of ​​where I can get a replacement?

Speaking of bags, I use the original packaging glued into a cheap tool bag

Regards
Stig (from Sweden)
Sep 18, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigge55
Hi

I´m gonna renovate my crashed X8 by getting new engine arms and a battery.... hopefully nothing else I have already bought another X8 but will renovate the dead drone like a challenge
One of the things that was broken was the tip of the internal antenna inside the left front motorarm. My question is whether the antenna (2.4GHz) must have the metal tip that had been worn off? The picture shows the antenna, about 20cm without the metal tip (which I have drawn instead). Does the antenna work without the metal tip? If not, does anyone have an idea of ​​where I can get a replacement?

Speaking of bags, I use the original packaging glued into a cheap tool bag

Regards
Stig (from Sweden)
Can't help you with the antenna issue. But I did the same thing with my other drone, took the styrofoam packing and put it in a "Harbor Freight "(Cheap tool company here is the US) box similar to yours. It worked great.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:07 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minter
hi im new to all this and am really stuck, i have a fimi x8 and commander v1 goggles and and when press auto search cant connect, have a hubsan 501s and can connect to them so no problem with the goggles,would really appricate some help on this,thank you.
Your goggles are diversity 5.8 Ghz Rcv'r support...Fimi X8 doesn't use that protocol. So your SOL on using them on the FIMI.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:41 PM
Fimi X8 SE Review - of - ND Filters Review - URUAV (34 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply