Sep 15, 2019, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
I had a interesting flight today, took off with partial GPS lock thinking drone would obtain full GPS lock as I climbed in altitude (My other drones do this and set home point no problem) and it indeed did obtain full GPS lock while climbing (altitude only, no lateral movement), however it established its location 3000km away from homepont!

Out of interest I did fly it around in close proximity to observe its behavior including RTH and in this scenario the drone did indeed think it was 3000km away and started heading off in another direction for RTH before I cancelled and manually landed. May explain a few flyaway scenario people may have encountered if not setup properly for takeoff. After that battery, landed and reboot/changed batteries and everything was functioning as normal.

Unsure if its a glitch or intentional however one to look out for. Never take off without full GPS lock. Thought I'd share as I would hate for someone to lose their quad over a silly mistake as simple as this.
The Navi app has plenty of bugs in the android version,I lose fpv feed but still get the telemetry at times,smh.You gotta expect more for a 400 plus dollar machine..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
The Navi app has plenty of bugs in the android version,I lose fpv feed but still get the telemetry at times,smh.You gotta expect more for a 400 plus dollar machine..
Today I had the beeping noise with the video stop/start recording the whole flight.
Now I don't know if the drone itself in the cause or this new version of the Fimi navi app.
Also constant "low speed" warning...with a Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card.

My second X8 with a Kodak V30 card no problems again.
Sep 15, 2019, 04:57 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
I too think there are some bugs in the latest Android NAVI App V1.0.16. Actually from my observations the bugs started with the short-lived V1.0.15 which I updated to as soon as it came out then disappeared from PlayStore . The strange behavior I experienced with V1.0.15 still exists with the latest version V1.0.16.
Sep 15, 2019, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Today I had the beeping noise with the video stop/start recording the whole flight.
Now I don't know if the drone itself in the cause or this new version of the Fimi navi app.
Also constant "low speed" warning...with a Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card.

My second X8 with a Kodak V30 card no problems again.
No worries about the craft,it's definitely the app,I wouldn't take it too far until I hear from Fimi..
Sep 15, 2019, 07:49 PM

FW FC 1057C and camera 1018B Precision Landing tests.

Several PL tests, most Auto Land work RTH landings bad! (26 min 10 sec)

Most Auto Landings work but RTH pretty much useless.
Sep 16, 2019, 12:13 AM
Quote:
For sure the app is buggy but I dont think the telemetry was wrong, the quad genuinely thought it was on the other side of the country. Kind of scary the thought of it in a RT H scenario with no RC connected but kind of interesting too given I was flying in close proximity with good signal.
Sep 16, 2019, 12:48 AM
Pre-registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salatoimikud
oh nice, waiting it
Here, I bet you know this location better than me https://youtu.be/qW01pYPzXvM
Video is mostly filmed with sony action camera, but there are few clips filmed with Fimi X8 as well.
Sep 16, 2019, 01:13 AM
dronez!
Woooho!
What a lucky weekend I had! To be honest I've never won anything so this is even more surprising
I'm now awaiting my Fimi (it should be in Belgium or something right now), but I've also collected some other stuff for it: hardshell backpack, polarize filter, 3D printed gimbal protector and 3D printed battery cap.

/br, donek
Sep 16, 2019, 03:38 AM
Navi App Flight Records

Does anyone know how to delete individual flight records in the Navi app ?

I dont want to inadvertently delete any that I want to keep, so want to make sure before proceeding.

Thanks
Sep 16, 2019, 04:33 AM

Deleting/saving flight logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
Navi App Flight Records

Does anyone know how to delete individual flight records in the Navi app ?

I dont want to inadvertently delete any that I want to keep, so want to make sure before proceeding.

Thanks
What I did was to do through all the logs, keeping the ones I want too by selecting the logs, press the star top right corner of screen.

Then delete all the rest of the logs. I only kept the flight records that show stick movement, the rest all deleted.
Last edited by 777MARTIAN; Sep 16, 2019 at 04:40 AM.
Sep 16, 2019, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
What I did was to do through all the logs, keeping the ones I want too by selecting the logs, press the star top right corner of screen.

Then delete all the rest of the logs. I only kept the flight records that show stick movement, the rest all deleted.
Ok great. I worked out how to star them but I wasnt sure if it deleted the starred ones or kept them?

So it will delete all the unmarked ones or the starred ones ?

I dont want want to delete the wrong ones !
Sep 16, 2019, 05:43 AM
FYI i have just received mine. I oredered it from Banggood on 5th of August and i got it today 16 Sep 2019. It didn't take too long from Netherlands to Greece,only 4 days. The rest was from China to EU. Overall did take too long .
Sep 16, 2019, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Ok great. I worked out how to star them but I wasnt sure if it deleted the starred ones or kept them?

So it will delete all the unmarked ones or the starred ones ?

I dont want want to delete the wrong ones !
The starred ones should be kept, and the rest will be deleted.
Sep 16, 2019, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
The starred ones should be kept, and the rest will be deleted.
So star the ones to keep and then hit the delete basket button ?

Normally in apps you mark the things to delete and hit the delete button. The other way around!

Can someone please confirm 100% before I do anything.

Also is there any way to move the flight logs from the app to a computer directly ?
Sep 16, 2019, 06:00 AM
Quote:
So star the ones to keep and then hit the delete basket button ?

Normally in apps you mark the things to delete and hit the delete button. The other way around!

Can someone please confirm 100% before I do anything.

Also is there any way to move the flight logs from the app to a computer directly ?
Starring means to mark as a favourite in this context, and you want to keep your favourites, so they'll be locked (and consequently not deleted).
To move the logs to the computer requires to copy the actual log files. Which is possible, at least on Android. Whether it will work to copy them back to the phone is not something I've tested. Could work, might not.

Quick Reply