Sep 11, 2019, 01:34 PM

Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
The Mavic image is not straight out of the cam (can't zoom in) and looks like it has trouble with moiré. Light conditions look perfect.
The iPhone XS Max image is soft on the Left side. Good thing is you can turn that phone around to have the softness on the Right side as well

And those devices are almost 3 times more expensive than the Fimi
Yes I think the moire on that image could have been affected by freewell filter . I know that they are more expensive was just saying that sensor size pretty much same as fimi in iPhone smartphones on general they qc the assembly to get it in focus . Below is mavic Pro image from last year at 10pm at night
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2019, 02:09 PM

Fimi forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyraptor
Yes I think the moire on that image could have been affected by freewell filter . I know that they are more expensive was just saying that sensor size pretty much same as fimi in iPhone smartphones on general they qc the assembly to get it in focus . Below is mavic Pro image from last year at 10pm at night
Why post it here?
Sep 11, 2019, 02:50 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

No need to point out that Mavics SUCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyraptor
The point here is that you come in to complain here about the Fimi (Its bad if they can’t put a camera together) while again your iPhone seems to have the same sort of problem (soft on one side)

Yet I don't hear you complaining about Apple, while you payed more than twice than the Fimi for it. And it's just a simple phone device!
Don't get me wrong here, I like Apple and at least they get their software right. But on a overpriced product I feel it's more fair when you complain.

So not saying you are not alowed to complain here, but comparing to product 2 to 3 times the price simply aint fair.
(By the way check the Xiaomi MIUI phones out next time, just as good if not better than iPhones, at half the price! - I'm a Mac user and used iPhones for years, but doubt me next phone will be a Apple again)

It just aint easy / cheap to get lens focus on these small sensor cams 100% right all the time. Live with it or don't buy it! (or ship it back)

And again your Mavic image is low resolution so not interesting at all to compare to the Fimi X8. Probably that Mavic aint as good as you don't share full rez pics, but besides that: Most don't care and it has been considered off-topic here for the last few months.

So no need to post how your expensive Mavic is better than the Fimi, you Mavic sucks compared to other more expensive drones.. so what's the point?

ALTA X Heavy Lift Drone - Behind the Scenes (12 min 25 sec)

(interesting video to watch)

All I'm saying is.. keep it real. Keep in mind this is a 409,- drone
Last edited by Justapoke; Sep 11, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 03:33 PM
Anyone have that older firmware for fimi where dont have that brown issue?
Someone mentioned here, that downgraded back for older because of that issue
Sep 11, 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salatoimikud
Anyone have that older firmware for fimi where dont have that brown issue?
Someone mentioned here, that downgraded back for older because of that issue
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/47Cz%2F3X19X15i4

This option is easier to flash. Just pull the file out of the archive and drop it into the drone through the wire and reload it.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DeXR%2FNc75KZ6iT
Sep 11, 2019, 04:07 PM

Auto Return vs Auto Land

When RTH is active the Fimi X8 have a very hard time detecting the landing pad.
Then with RTH cancelled and Auto Land button pressed on FPV screen, the drone have no problem detecting and land perfectly on the orange landing pad.

Auto Return (RTH) VS Auto Land. (1 min 57 sec)
Sep 12, 2019, 12:31 AM
Due traveling regulations (lipos should be storaged separately in the hand luggage) does anyone here know about fireproof lipo bags for the batteries of the X8? Wondering if the bags widely available on eBay for the mavic pro or 2 would work for the X8.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sep 12, 2019, 02:17 AM

PL success and improved fligth record - FC 1057C updated on Aug 29

Failed update new FW on Sep 6.
Actually down loaded latest FW to FIMI Navi on smart phone on Sep 6.
However After connecting RX/Drone/Smart phone, It did not show up FW update.
So did PL test with Aug 29 FW version (FC 1057C).
PL succeeded same as previous FW versions.

Timeline is;
0:00 Preflight check
0:03 Firmware update FC 1057C
1:06 Take off
2:07 Auto RTH
2:50 Landing pad detected at 7.0m H
3:12 Lnaded on the pad

FIMI X8 FPV PL Test with FC1057C updated on Aug 29 (3 min 17 sec)

Below is X8's cam with 2.5K 60FPS.
I have almost no knowledge about video quality but seems better than previous 1080P 60FPS.

FIMI X8 Cam PL test with 2.5K 60FPS Sep 12 (2 min 10 sec)

Flight record has been showing the movement of sticks.
In addition to above, with new FW 1057C, X8's red arrow shows correct heading.
1:09 Activate Auto RTH so no sticks movment.

FIMI X8 Flight Record of PL Test Sep 12 (2 min 49 sec)

FW update history and Temp. before/after flight are;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...6lg/edit#gid=0

Aiolosimport
Sep 12, 2019, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belui
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/47Cz%2F3X19X15i4

This option is easier to flash. Just pull the file out of the archive and drop it into the drone through the wire and reload it.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DeXR%2FNc75KZ6iT
Are the two links two different update variants. Or both links are needed for the firmware update together. I can not say it clearly since I have never downgraded. With the camera, I would possibly do it.
Sep 12, 2019, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnarmd
Are the two links two different update variants. Or both links are needed for the firmware update together. I can not say it clearly since I have never downgraded. With the camera, I would possibly do it.
First link. The drone is flashing through a computer. And the camera is version 1017E. This method is more complicated. easier to use the second method.
The second link. The camera file is pulled out of the archive and throws itself through the USB cable into the drone and the drone simply reboots and is itself flashed. Camera version 1017F.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
When RTH is active the Fimi X8 have a very hard time detecting the landing pad.
Then with RTH cancelled and Auto Land button pressed on FPV screen, the drone have no problem detecting and land perfectly on the orange landing pad.

https://youtu.be/-ubYt050gsI
Fimi support out sourced now?
Man, the stupid answer they provide is getting ridicules. In the video the problem is easy displayed.

How can it be so difficult to fix?
Btw . I did send Fimi support, who that may be..., the link to the video and explaining the problem.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:41 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 574Y51CK
Due traveling regulations (lipos should be storaged separately in the hand luggage) does anyone here know about fireproof lipo bags for the batteries of the X8? Wondering if the bags widely available on eBay for the mavic pro or 2 would work for the X8.

Don't know how the mvic sizes compare but these fit the X8 battery: https://www.banggood.com/URUAV-Fire-...r_warehouse=CN

Just tested.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belui
First link. The drone is flashing through a computer. And the camera is version 1017E. This method is more complicated. easier to use the second method.
The second link. The camera file is pulled out of the archive and throws itself through the USB cable into the drone and the drone simply reboots and is itself flashed. Camera version 1017F.
Thank you for the explanation.

Is it possible to create these * .bin files from the current firmware versions (of all modules)? I would like to do something independent of the official updates.

I'm worried if the drone will try to install the latest firmware version of the camera on the next launch. Can you somehow prevent that? Especially if several updates are to be executed at once.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:53 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Fimi support out sourced now?
Man, the stupid answer they provide is getting ridicules. In the video the problem is easy displayed.

How can it be so difficult to fix?
Btw . I did send Fimi support, who that may be..., the link to the video and explaining the problem.
Might be good might be bad.

If you get the same (sometimes stupid) questions a 100 times each day it might be a good idea to outsource to a company that has an advanced software system that filters a lot of crap out, or it could combine valid questions in to one important notis to Fimi.

I have no idea how it all works but these days I guess it's normal you talk to a robot
Sep 12, 2019, 07:02 AM
Sorry was just trying to point out that it is quite possible to get a lens assembly in this size sensor that is focused as been proven by GoPro and action cams and other quads with same size sensors whether they be more expensive or less .As I have the same blurred image on the fimi as others

Quick Reply