Sep 08, 2019, 08:33 AM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premierscfc
Where did you get your gimbal guard printed, it looks really good! (Unfortunately don't have access to a 3d printer)
mroek designed it and as usual he did a fantastic job I also have his leg extensions all fit like a glove. Check 1st 2 posts
Last edited by unionglzr; Sep 08, 2019 at 08:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunder007
That was a strange soundtrack to choose for a city in centre of Suid-Afrika
The state anthem of the Soviet Union makes me shudder at the memory...
Sep 08, 2019, 08:58 AM
unionglzr
Quote:
That was a strange soundtrack to choose for a city in centre of Suid-Afrika I wonder what your thoughts were when making this particular choice? Im guessing you are a "regte egte meneer", but then I would be even more surprised. Video is allright though. I hope I can manage to take my X8 SE with me when Im in SA (visiting family), because thats a really beautiful country - and Im hoping to get some great videos from that.
Where is Bergen? Never mind I see Norway.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:41 AM
unionglzr
Last edited by unionglzr; Sep 08, 2019 at 11:55 AM.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a123
One more color settings sample:

Sunny. About 3pm. Filming F-Log, Sunny, Contrast 64, Saturation 75.
There is near the best settings (now for me) to get wide dynamic range and reduce overexposure. Minimum details lost. But I an not sure that this is good for a low light.
https://youtu.be/JohSrxn_0QM

Then added in Post: Contrast+20 Brightness+15 Cold/Warm-10 (to reduce brownish)
Not the best but you can see tones on dark walls against the sun
https://youtu.be/dcovky7wFSc
Looks nice, testing next time if i flying
Sep 08, 2019, 12:18 PM
Quote:
That was a strange soundtrack to choose for a city in centre of Suid-Afrika I wonder what your thoughts were when making this particular choice? Im guessing you are a "regte egte meneer", but then I would be even more surprised. Video is allright though. I hope I can manage to take my X8 SE with me when Im in SA (visiting family), because thats a really beautiful country - and Im hoping to get some great videos from that.
The soundtrack was more of a joke��

SA feels more communist than democratic with current government.
Last edited by OosRand; Sep 08, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
Sep 08, 2019, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdickrick
The soundtrack was more of a joke��

SA feels more communist than democratic with current government.
Only time I went to Bloemfontein was in 1986 with the SAAF 1 Sqn Mirage F1 AZs during a weapons camp.
One hell of bombs were dropped on the bombing range.
Still, " n rerige kak plek om te woon."

I think the sound track was an excellent choice.

The Fimi X8 SE did well .
Sep 08, 2019, 03:24 PM
Pre-registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
I mentioned this a few posts ago. You can fix this by setting the region again, and to fix the language you must set it temporarily to Chinese and then back to English. Doesn't hurt to clear the app cache either.
Thanks, it helped!
Sep 08, 2019, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo647
Thanks, it helped!
You talk about a new Fimi Navi app update?
Sep 08, 2019, 05:01 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
The latest version of the Fimi Navi app (on Android) no longer shows "GPS" in the top bar when it is in GPS mode. It does however show "VPU" or "Atti", but when in GPS mode, it shows nothing. Other than that it appears to work normally. I had one flight with it today.

In the flight playback it shows "GPS" though, so this is probably yet another stupid bug by the Fimi programmers. I can't believe that they release versions with such simple bugs. Unless of course this is just on my phone.
The latest FIMI Navi App V1.0.15 definitely exhibits some funky behavior. GPS Ready shows sometimes and sometimes it does not. The Google Full Map is zoomed to the max upon every start-up and you must scale it back down. I had to restart the app several times to get all the telemetry. Once there was no FPV but OK after restarting the App. One time there was no camera settings displayed at bottom but reappeared after restarting the App. Everything works with a few very short flights but the app start-up just seems fragmented. No problems connecting to the drone but just getting all the info on the screen seems spotty. It almost seems as though there is supposed to be a corresponding firmware update to go along with the App update.
Sep 08, 2019, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Fimi programmers are the only ones that can improve the software. We can't do it. I doubt they even listen to us. This constant negative attitude of the X8 performance only chase people away from this forum.
I'm ready to go.
I beg to differ,if we paid over 400 dollars for a product it should produce as advertised.If we don't critique or voice our dissatisfaction in all honesty but not by being malicious we can help get it improved.As long as we sugar coat or endorse mediocrity as contentment nothing will improve but sales.I understand there are a lot of members on this thread that are attached to the X8 and that's ok,that's what a faithful, dedicated and committed fan base suppose to do.The only thing I have a problem with is when some truly have problems about the x8 and voice them some take it to be offensive or personal.Me myself was met with aggression but this only impedes progress for a better improved product.I understand the Pro Fimi backers but sometimes you got to assess the entire situation before we attack someones opinion excluding the trolls.Here's proof that good and critical input generates productive correspondence.Lets help make this a better drone together..
Sep 08, 2019, 08:44 PM

Testing FW update FC 1057C, Cam 1018B, 4K30 video

Camera test after latest FW update 8 Sept PT2 (1 min 35 sec)

Quick switching between ground and sky.

Gimbal alignment need adjustment again.

Fimi navi app not updated...too many bugs.

Cam settings : F log, Saturation 74 , Contrast 64, WB clouidy, video Quality high, color F -log
Last edited by 777MARTIAN; Sep 08, 2019 at 08:50 PM.
Sep 09, 2019, 12:37 AM
Greetings from Greece !
A quick flight to a small mountain that I visited as a kid (it's my father village),and since then I always wanted to visit again,so this summer X8 did it for me !
I love to conquer mountains
It was a little windy and also was around a big hawk ,so I shortened the flight !
The location is Greece-Ancient Messini,the monastery up there is called Voulkanos,in ancient times was a temple to Zeus...
There is rich history around it ...

The height to reach was around 400 metters ,it reach it fast because of the friendly breeze...

Βουλκανος 4-9-2019 (3 min 40 sec)
Last edited by zeuspower; Sep 09, 2019 at 01:17 AM.
Sep 09, 2019, 02:33 AM
How to get sound when recording video ?

Hi I watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odeY...&feature=share

Please how is possible to record the drone sound ?
Sep 09, 2019, 03:06 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Use a Mobius or some other small camera and use that to record sound.

Quick Reply