Aug 29, 2019, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
You're very much welcome
Here's a quick hovering test---->https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k6...GslsUlzt2VU-Pu
Here's actual in flight footage from my next project these are the red props,the footage is smooth----->https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F4...lwGd2nAcmdIo0n
Thank you again!
Seems to be stable. There was some wind during hovering test? Appreciate your comments!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2019, 10:15 AM
Anyone with some nice edited footage in 4k f-log, after the latest update to the camera, that you can share?
Aug 29, 2019, 11:26 AM

Battery completely non functional

After just a few flights it seems like my battery has completely failed. No lights at all when on the charger, putting it in the body of the drone does nothing either. Seems completely dead and unable to charge at all. Any ideas?
Aug 29, 2019, 11:50 AM

Non Original Propellers tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipero
Thanks for sharing. If possible can you please measure temperature of the motors and sound?
According to the sound level the only possible way to test noise level in fair way is to do this at home in idle (free-running) mode using my smartphone and sound level measuring application. That test shows that level is almost the same. The noise level of original and non-original propellers: 35.7 dB vs 36.6 dB (please see screenshots for details)

About temperature of the motors: i have no pyrometer and only can test battery temperature based on the information from application. But I do not think that this information will be useful at all.

One more useful parameter can be weight. Full set of original props is heavier than non-original set: 32g vs 27g. Is that pros or cons - everybody can decide by himself.
Aug 29, 2019, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2007
According to the sound level the only possible way to test noise level in fair way is to do this at home in idle (free-running) mode using my smartphone and sound level measuring application. That test shows that level is almost the same. The noise level of original and non-original propellers: 35.7 dB vs 36.6 dB (please see screenshots for details)

About temperature of the motors: i have no pyrometer and only can test battery temperature based on the information from application. But I do not think that this information will be useful at all.

One more useful parameter can be weight. Full set of original props is heavier than non-original set: 32g vs 27g. Is that pros or cons - everybody can decide by himself.
Thank you! Very appreciate your detailed input
Aug 29, 2019, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2007
According to the sound level the only possible way to test noise level in fair way is to do this at home in idle (free-running) mode using my smartphone and sound level measuring application. That test shows that level is almost the same. The noise level of original and non-original propellers: 35.7 dB vs 36.6 dB (please see screenshots for details.
I don't really think this test is valid. The drone should be hovering in the same position and distance from the measuring device to get a useful reading. The noise level is very different at hovering speed vs the idle spinning speed with the drone on the ground.

That said, to me it doesn't really matter, because I would not use non-original propellers unless I knew they were manufactured by a reputable company and had been thoroughly tested. That's not the case for these propellers, I think.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:19 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
I don't really think this test is valid. The drone should be hovering in the same position and distance from the measuring device to get a useful reading. The noise level is very different at hovering speed vs the idle spinning speed with the drone on the ground.

That said, to me it doesn't really matter, because I would not use non-original propellers unless I knew they were manufactured by a reputable company and had been thoroughly tested. That's not the case for these propellers, I think.
Same.
I know there can be availability probs with the OEM units but that's just a reason to stock-up early. It's like putting aftermarket tires on your motorcycle, GREAT if you know what they are, but not a wise choice for an unknown product.

Mine has already crashed several times and it's showing some jello, but I'm not done with any testing and have not even begun to play with cam settings. When I get serious I will change-out the props.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:56 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Same.
I know there can be availability probs with the OEM units but that's just a reason to stock-up early. It's like putting aftermarket tires on your motorcycle, GREAT if you know what they are, but not a wise choice for an unknown product.

Mine has already crashed several times and it's showing some jello, but I'm not done with any testing and have not even begun to play with cam settings. When I get serious I will change-out the props.
Kinda a bad analogy, I have never seen a OEM tire on any motorcycle, they are always third party...Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson....none of them make tires, all "After Market". I have bought cars with tires that came on them from a dealership that I knew right away had to be swapped out to something I knew that worked for my driving style...so yeah I know what your trying to say.

But in this instance I know of only one Drone company that has their own Propulsion Engineering section and in house tunes it to makes their own ESC's, Motors, and Props for their aircraft...and no that ain't FIMI
Aug 29, 2019, 02:38 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Kinda a bad analogy, I have never seen a OEM tire on any motorcycle, they are always third party...Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson....none of them make tires, all "After Market". I have bought cars with tires that came on them from a dealership that I knew right away had to be swapped out to something I knew that worked for my driving style...so yeah I know what your trying to say.

But in this instance I know of only one Drone company that has their own Propulsion Engineering section and in house tunes it to makes their own ESC's, Motors, and Props for their aircraft...and no that ain't FIMI
OEM for Harley Davidson is Dunlop which I always replaced on mine. There are a lot of different manufacturers parts on new vehicles that aren’t made by car manufacturer themselves so when you replace to OEM specs you just use what came on it when it was brand new. Just A Poke is going to get me for off topic again
Last edited by unionglzr; Aug 29, 2019 at 02:44 PM.
Aug 29, 2019, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbi
Can you please measure their weight compared to the OEM ones?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
They are lighter, covered in an earlier post.
Aug 29, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Exactly.

Guys I have to catch up on latest pages, but again I ask to stop the ongoing DJI nonsence!
No problem if bringing it up once or twice, but the 24 pages clearly points to a large part being offtopic / regarded as trolling.

If this does not change than I will for SURE bring some moderators in here this time to clean those pages.

There are other threads to discus that, I'm 100% sure that most people here in the thread are interested in the Fimi X8 and Fimi X8 only!
May I recommend creating different threads based on topics like most other forums? This is the 1st forum I have seen where everything is in one thread.
Aug 29, 2019, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLillyPond
After just a few flights it seems like my battery has completely failed. No lights at all when on the charger, putting it in the body of the drone does nothing either. Seems completely dead and unable to charge at all. Any ideas?
Return it from whence it came! If that's Fimi, contact them, they'll send you a new one, might take a month or so though...
Aug 29, 2019, 05:40 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
OEM
Original
Equipment
Manufacturer

The manufacturer of the original parts, Dlop, Nissen, Tsubaki etc.
Aug 29, 2019, 06:05 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
OEM
Original
Equipment
Manufacturer

The manufacturer of the original parts, Dlop, Nissen, Tsubaki etc.
So if all GM’s have Delco alternators in them and you ask for OEM alternator what would they put in? I use to do auto glass in my early days in the glass business and a OEM windshield for GM was either a PPG or LOF which neither was GM produced. And what’s a Diop? Harley Davidson does produce all the parts in them but if you ask for an OEM replacement part you get what was in it off the assembly line. I wonder if FIMI makes their own props or if they have a subcontractor do it to Fimi’s spec’s
Last edited by unionglzr; Aug 29, 2019 at 06:20 PM.
Aug 29, 2019, 06:28 PM
What backpack do you guys use for the Fimi x8?

Quick Reply