Aug 25, 2019, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
My point is that if you want to compare the X8 with a DJI product, you need to look at a Mavic Pro or Air, which are in the same class. You would not compare to a Mavic 2 or Inspire, which are in a completely different class. For the majority of Mavic Pro and Air users, a Mavic 2 is absolutely not worth the money either (I own a Mavic Air, and would never consider a Mavic 2, since the additional video quality doesn't justify the price being twice as high for my use case; in the USA the Mavic Air is ~35% more expensive than a X8 if you buy more than one battery, and it's definitely worth the price difference for me in terms of video quality and overall functionality, plus the support and resale value). Clearly by comparing the X8 to a dramatically different drone you get the result that the price difference is too much. That is a silly comparison, like comparing a Honda Civic to a Lexus instead of a Toyota Camry (more expensive than a Civic, but with more features that can matter or not to a specific user). Lexus is made by Toyota, but it's in a different market

The X8 competitors are the Zino on the cheaper side, and the Mavic Air (or Pro) on the more expensive side. As I said multiple times before, different people will come to different conclusions on what's the best value for money for those 3 drones, and all answers are perfectly valid. They are all "good value for money", what's best depends on what you need. A comparison with a drone in a completely different market segment is not meaningful
So Rob how is your Fimi X8 flying? That is your impression of it in general. We know you love DJI products but is your Fimi X8 still good for the money you paid for it?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2019, 04:57 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_K2
I'm not seeing the yellow tinting in mine with the latest camera firmware. Allot of green in this shot. Sunny white balance, although I don't think white balance is working, General color, Auto.

https://youtu.be/Aj7-jZS2OaE
Same here...I think
Aug 25, 2019, 04:59 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki4
I hate too the latest camera update. Had not problem with wb now I do. When recording with sky in the frame it's normal. But when green grass covers the full frame it has ugly yellow->light orange tint.
Picture to see
Aug 25, 2019, 08:32 PM

Problem with compass calibration

Had same problem with compass calibration, read about SD card causing interference. Removed card and calibrates first time every time. I have a scan disk Extreme pro
Aug 25, 2019, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionglzr
I disagree all he is saying is that for the extra amount of money to him it’s not worth it. We all know DJI is a great product but like myself I was considering a M2 P or Z but figured for what I will use it for at this time it wasn’t worth it. It I was using as a way of making money I would have probably a different opinion. I think most X8SE owners especially ones with no problems are a little tired of people shitting on it. DJI owners seem very defensive about their drones probably to justify the money they spent.
I agree 100% had my X8SE since June with 3 batteries lots of flights not one single problem.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:14 PM
0 problems with my X8SE
2 dozen flights on it now owned it since may.
Flights over water, over mountains, altitudes over 8k above sea level.
30 minutes flights...

People looking for problems are gonna find them...

People who want to have fun with this drone will...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aug 26, 2019, 02:44 AM
[QUOTE=subarujunky;42600331]0 problems with my X8SE
/QUOTE]
Hi, subarujunky,
Could you please provide the link to the 4K video from your drone?
Thanks.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subarujunky
0 problems with my X8SE
30 minutes flights...

altitudes 8k above sea level? Where do you live? Top of the Everest?
Aug 26, 2019, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush007
altitudes 8k above sea level? Where do you live? Top of the Everest?
Imperial / metric ... go figure LOL
Aug 26, 2019, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subarujunky
0 problems with my X8SE
30 minutes flights...

If you are flying oftenly for 30 minutes,you are looking for trouble.
Lipo batteries dont like many things,one of them is overdischarging.
Motors and other components are stressed as well.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:58 AM
I had the Mavic Air and sold it off. Did not ever like that drone too much. Technically it was a minature masterpiece but practically it was next to useless. It got the least flying time in my collection.

Horrible battery life, poor range and noisy as hell. I kept the Parrot Anafi over the Air in my minature size collection for all those reasons

The drones I now have in the mid-size class are the Fimi X8SE, DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Mavic Pro 2.

The Mav Pro 2 is king of the skies. If you cannot afford it or it's out of your league then accept that and move on. It's a pointless debate as that drone is so far ahead of everything else.

2nd is the Mav Pro. Now that drone is a defacto drone of choice at this level. It's got all the elements of a high quality product and it has nailed that segment of the market for years. Rightfully so as it's a brilliant all round drone.

3rd is the Fimi X8SE. Now this is a great drone for the price provided you get a good working one with no issues. Fimi's QC has not been the best but that's not to say they can't make a good product. I've had zero issues with mine ever since I've had it. Countless problem free flights.

As an owner of all 3 that's the order I would rank them.
Aug 26, 2019, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
I had the Mavic Air and sold it off. Did not ever like that drone too much. Technically it was a minature masterpiece but practically it was next to useless. It got the least flying time in my collection.

Horrible battery life, poor range and noisy as hell. I kept the Parrot Anafi over the Air in my minature size collection for all those reasons

The drones I now have in the mid-size class are the Fimi X8SE, DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Mavic Pro 2.

The Mav Pro 2 is king of the skies. If you cannot afford it or it's out of your league then accept that and move on. It's a pointless debate as that drone is so far ahead of everything else.

2nd is the Mav Pro. Now that drone is a defacto drone of choice at this level. It's got all the elements of a high quality product and it has nailed that segment of the market for years. Rightfully so as it's a brilliant all round drone.

3rd is the Fimi X8SE. Now this is a great drone for the price provided you get a good working one with no issues. Fimi's QC has not been the best but that's not to say they can't make a good product. I've had zero issues with mine ever since I've had it. Countless problem free flights.

What would you say is the advantage of the Mavic Pro over the Fimi X8? Ease of use, reception, range, flight time, noise level, features, video quality, dependability? Or something else?
Aug 26, 2019, 06:10 AM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronevideo
What would you say is the advantage of the Mavic Pro over the Fimi X8? Ease of use, reception, range, flight time, noise level, features, video quality, dependability? Or something else?
Delete
Aug 26, 2019, 06:11 AM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar

Mavic 2 Pro
Aug 26, 2019, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronevideo
Ease of use = if you can fly a drone you can fly a drone

Reception Range = Mav Pro (Occusync)

Flight Time = both are good

Noise = Mav Pro

The rest = Mav Pro

The Fimi X8 SE is not a bad drone and it's draw is really the price. If it's your first drone and you get a bad one then it will probably put you off drones and the hobby. If you get a good one then you are all set.

At it's price point it remains a good option if your funds are tight.

The thing you should consider is that the Mav Pro close out deals are actually not that much more expensive. By the time you factor in all the upsides the Mav Pro is defo and by far the better drone.

Quick Reply