Aug 20, 2019, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush007
Hey guys,

Following up the posts on that it'd be a good idea to curate a list of bugs/feature requests and share it with Fimi, I created a Google spreadsheet where we can list these problems. I included a simple template and added a couple things, so if the bug/feature request you're looking for is not there, feel free to add it. If it's there, you can add your name to the list of people affected, so we can know which ones are affecting most number of people.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feel free to make suggestions on the format, it's just the first version, I'm sure we can make changes and improve.

Thanks.
Good start! Would be good to add a link in the first few posts, to make it easy to find

I added a few CAM issues (not sure how the color coding is supposed to work, so I didn't color code anything). I also added a column "fixed in firmware version) so that people can track improvements and decide if they want to update or not
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
Good start! Would be good to add a link in the first few posts, to make it easy to find

I added a few CAM issues (not sure how the color coding is supposed to work, so I didn't color code anything). I also added a column "fixed in firmware version) so that people can track improvements and decide if they want to update or not
Fantastic, thank you! The colour coding is reflecting the Priority level. I've updated the spreadsheet to colour code your entries and put the reports in order. If anyone has access, feel free to add the link to the first few posts.

Once it matures, I'll share it with Fimi support so they can track what matters to us, hopefully that'll incentivize them to get their priorities right.

Colour code:
Red: Critical
Orange: High
Purple: Medium
Blue: Low
Green: Fixed

Fimi X8 SE Bug Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please contribute.
Last edited by rush007; Aug 20, 2019 at 05:25 PM.
Aug 20, 2019, 05:36 PM
After today's upgrade i have noticed that RC is stuck in 1019C
Anybody has the same problem?
Aug 20, 2019, 06:34 PM
unionglzr
I can see my old flights donít know how to put here
Aug 20, 2019, 07:12 PM
Mavic Pro Platinum vs Fimi X8 SE Part 2 (2019) (1 min 43 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 07:40 PM

Caught a lightning bolt

A slow moving thunderstorm was headed my way. I put my X8SE in the air at about thirty meters and left it for about ten minutes. I caught quite a few lightning flashes, but they were mostly within clouds. A couple of the lightning bolts were visible. Here is a screen cap of one. Video from which the screen cap was taken was set at 4K 30fps.
Aug 20, 2019, 08:42 PM

me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio3
yes me too
Aug 20, 2019, 08:55 PM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio3
Still on 1020A for the RC on mine after updating the App version and the Camera.
Aug 20, 2019, 11:14 PM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Another couple of flights.

Fimi X8 SE - Flight #11 (Exploring Beryozovka river 2) (12 min 31 sec)

Fimi X8 SE - Flight #12 (Exploring Sulusay ravine) (20 min 42 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 12:00 AM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio9999
Very Nice, Thanks

That is what you call Flat Land
Aug 21, 2019, 01:52 AM
Pre-registered User
Quote:
Fantastic, thank you! The colour coding is reflecting the Priority level. I've updated the spreadsheet to colour code your entries and put the reports in order. If anyone has access, feel free to add the link to the first few posts.

Once it matures, I'll share it with Fimi support so they can track what matters to us, hopefully that'll incentivize them to get their priorities right.

Colour code:

Please contribute.
Great! I have also added 2 issues and I remember that few of us had them as well, but I can't remember the names, so please if any of you have experienced them, write down your name in the cell.
Aug 21, 2019, 01:54 AM
Guys be carefull while ordering the Teclast M89 tablet for FPV googles link.

There is a new version everywhere called Teclast M89 PRO and it's without external micro hdmi connector so it's useless for our needs.

I had to cancel my order, luckily it was not yet shipped, so i was able to refund it and order non-PRO version on aliexpress from Spanish warehouse.

It seems that non-PRO version is getting harder to obtain so if you plan to buy one hurry up. Chinese manufactureres product life cycle is quite short

tl;dr: Teclast M89 for FPV googles. NOT Teclast M89 PRO!
Aug 21, 2019, 02:30 AM
Quote:

Colour code:

Please contribute.
Hi, the manual controls for the pictures are working.
Tested by myself.
It's just that you can't see the effects on the real time screen.
Aug 21, 2019, 02:39 AM
Added the unuseable DNGs to the spreadsheet

DNG are very difficult/i,possible to use due to wrong color matrix, blacklevel etc. Needs to be fixed in cam firmware. Values ISO/exposure dependent.

Dark areas in DNGs gets purple cast = proof black level too low. Images of reference targets also has issues with some colors being too far off to be recognized (tested ISO 100) Take DNG images. Lower light samples are worst. But any are bad in default exposure (using embedded ColorMatrix)

High

Common issue. Reason why this drone is NOT RECOMMENDED for any photo use
Aug 21, 2019, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Added the unuseable DNGs to the spreadsheet

DNG are very difficult/i,possible to use due to wrong color matrix, blacklevel etc. Needs to be fixed in cam firmware. Values ISO/exposure dependent.

Dark areas in DNGs gets purple cast = proof black level too low. Images of reference targets also has issues with some colors being too far off to be recognized (tested ISO 100) Take DNG images. Lower light samples are worst. But any are bad in default exposure (using embedded ColorMatrix)

High

Common issue. Reason why this drone is NOT RECOMMENDED for any photo use
I tried to fix the metadata myself. Spent about a day or two looking at adding support for new Camera raw support to some apps. Took lots of reference target pictures (not expensive bought ones, only printed ones to get a rough profile), used tools to generate color matrices. This without much luck. Can get bright colors more or less OK. Maybe some algorithm is already applied to the raw data ? They need an engineer with experience in color systems, color mapping etc.

If I could devote 2-4 full weeks to it, get access to a photo studio and fully certified shooting targets, known white balance color etc I might be to get there. But there are a few thousand of pages I need to read and understand at a deeper level to do this right. I do not have that sort of time on my hands. So not some task to give to an average engineer with no previous knowledge - And certainly not an off-the-shelf software engineer. Many of those would not get anywhere in 3 months. Needs lots of understanding of colormatching and proofing - Things I have at least a basic knowledge of.

Quick Reply