Aug 19, 2019, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Think that's a great idea!

Did not get a lot of response on that post however... But if you can improve it and keep up with it to add more reports than I think it's great.
Thanks! I just filled in with the bugs I am aware of, but for this to work, we'll need participation .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionglzr
I canít see it. You get your eyes checked or maybe me.....love the music
It's obvious even with the YouTube compression.

Perhaps it's you that needs an eye doc
Aug 19, 2019, 08:29 PM
Mi 4K is at the night scenes and the boat scene Phantom 3 standard is circling the blue water tank and Fimi x8 is at the beginning and ending scenes.You guys be the judge.

Drone Mix,Delaw-air (3 min 36 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 12:26 AM
Just released ?

FIMI Navi
Beijing FIMI Technology CO.,LTDTools

WHAT'S NEW
- New Feature: Flight Records
- Bug fixes and user experience improvement
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Updated
August 19, 2019

Last edited by zeuspower; Aug 20, 2019 at 01:04 AM.
Aug 20, 2019, 12:33 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
If I ever replace the M89 it will have to have GPS and a mech compass. I don't care that much about the HDMI.
Aug 20, 2019, 01:33 AM
Pre-registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuspower
Just released ?

FIMI Navi
Beijing FIMI Technology CO.,LTDTools

WHAT'S NEW
- New Feature: Flight Records
- Bug fixes and user experience improvement
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Updated
August 19, 2019

Yep, this is a very nice feature. Sadly I guess it doesn't include all previous flights, since it already shows incorrect data after syncing. They have also added some colors to the menu.
Hopefully it will start logging flights now
But there are still bugs with spacing (battery voltage)
Aug 20, 2019, 01:50 AM
It's a good start !
Aug 20, 2019, 01:58 AM

VPU Mode Warning on Android smart phone - CORRECTION Now new FW Cam 1018B updated

I'm using Android smart phone.
Today, FIMI Navi showed "Update" and tried to down load new FW but somehow it was not possible (just saying waiting ...).
Uninstalled FIMI Navi and re-installed FIMI Navi. Then "update" disappeared.

Connected RC, Drone and smart phone.
Recognized all FW are previous one i.e. FC 1056F but noticed ? mark on Ready To Go VPU (with yellow back color). Clicked ? mark then appreaed VPU Mode Warning as per video.
May be FIMI put "Update" on Android Navi instead of Apple phone.
I hope they will release Android version to include flight record etc, soon.

FIMI X8 VPU Mode Warning Aug 20 (0 min 49 sec)

Aiolosimport

P.S. Now FIMI Navi showed "Update" and succesfully downloaded. Currently updating FWs.

P.P.S.
Later FIMI Navi showed "Update" and successefully downloaded new FW. Now updated as follow;

1:56 Firmware update Camera 1018B
2:15 Camera information N/A
2:16 DIsconnected USB cable from RC and Reinserted.
2:27 Camera information is all available now.

FIMI X8 FW update Cam 1018B Aug 20 (2 min 42 sec)

FW update history is;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Aiolosimport
Last edited by aiolosimport; Aug 20, 2019 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Correction - NEW FW is downloaded for update.
Aug 20, 2019, 04:55 AM
I've waited two days for fimi to respond to my emails. So now I'm putting my X8 video in the public domain to see if it will get a reaction from them.

I took the unit up high with footage of buildings and cars. This shows the problem easily when viewing sharp edges. If anyone is in doubt about their lens, do the same as I did to check and upload to YouTube in 4k.

Top right of frame is very blurry. Also plenty of colour shifting on the grass ...

Xiaomi Fimi X8 SE problems (5 min 23 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 05:44 AM
Hey guys,

Is there anyone using the Fimi Navi with an old iPad Mini? How's the app experience? Any lags?

Another question I have is that if you have a wifi tablet and you create a wifi hotspot from your phone to access the internet (for maps), does it reduce the range in any way?

Thanks!
Aug 20, 2019, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan
So now I'm putting my X8 video in the public domain to see if it will get a reaction from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ahNfPhwnhw&t=92s
Hi,
See your issue.
The same as I have.
Hope for FIMI quick feedback.)
Aug 20, 2019, 05:59 AM
So today i crashed it after max 10 flights with this drone, i updated to latest firmware yesterday and calibrated everything.

preflight i checked all sensors and no errors shown, i had vpu error but it later locked at 15 sats and showed ready for take off. auto takeoff and around just before it hits the hoover drone pitch forward and rolls and just hit the ground, battery seem dead and gimbal is bent, at least the metal frame, 2 broken arms and all props. to be honest have no idea what happen, just did as i always do, take off and then it hoovers and i just fly but im happy i didnt hit my car lol
Last edited by timtimtim; Aug 20, 2019 at 06:15 AM.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:08 AM

Camera update

Hope some problems getting fixed.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
So today i crashed it after max 10 flights with this drone, i updated to latest firmware yesterday and calibrated everything.

preflight i checked all sensors and no errors shown, i had vpu error but it later locked at 15 sats and showed ready for take off. auto takeoff from my rooftop and around just before it hits the hoover drone pitch forward and rolls and just hit the ground, battery seem dead and gimbal is bent, at least the metal frame, 2 broken arms and all props. to be honest have no idea what happen, just did as i always do, take off and then it hoovers and i just fly but im happy i didnt hit my car lol
Auto take off from your car's rooftop?
Aug 20, 2019, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
Auto take off from your car's rooftop?
of the house

Quick Reply