Aug 19, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
How is your drone handle the position hold? i mean without any stick movement or input. mine tend to loose altitude and drift even when no wind and 15 sats, i have calibrated the compass many times
Do you experience this in different places, and by different I mean in open space vs an alley with buildings on both sides, and such?

By how much would you say it drifts?

Does it stop drifting or does it just keep on going?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan
I have the same issue. I took a video from about 100mtrs high with cars and buildings in the top right area of the frame. The edges of these objects have very poor definition compared to the rest of the frame. I also cleaned the lens before every flight and the problem shows in other videos I have on YouTube.

I have been on the support page of the FIMI website and left a message with a link to the video, but no response so far.

I feel this is a hardware issue with a bad batch of units as others can be seen. My unit is a May 2019 build.
I think this is a common problem. I had the exact same video issue (April 2019 build), you can see in this sample:
Fimi X8 SE Sample Video (0 min 29 sec)
I sent an e-mail to Fimi support and they agreed to send me a new drone without fuss, now it's on its way.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:41 PM

Blurred right side of videos

Another example of blurred right side of videos.

Lamy New Mexico Originally Named Galisteo Junction (7 min 17 sec)
Aug 19, 2019, 12:57 PM
Semana de Vela 2019 Vela ligera (1 min 26 sec)

With Mi drone till s 38, and with Fimi x8 till the end.
Nice and risky flight.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:40 PM
Hi, dear colleagues,
Do you see blur focus on the right side on below picture from my drone? Or it seems to me?
Aug 19, 2019, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by max506
Hi, dear colleagues,
Do you see blur focus on the right side on below picture from my drone? Or it seems to me?
Yes it's blurred.
Aug 19, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronevideo
Yes it's blurred.
Thanks for your answer.
Aug 19, 2019, 04:30 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by max506
Hi, dear colleagues,
I was seeing blurry before I looked
Aug 19, 2019, 04:35 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_K2
Another example of blurred right side of videos.

https://youtu.be/1wypaHg0Axo
I can’t see it. You get your eyes checked or maybe me.....love the music
Last edited by unionglzr; Aug 19, 2019 at 04:40 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionglzr
I canít see it. You get your eyes checked or maybe me
Me neither. Maybe YouTube compressed it to much
Aug 19, 2019, 05:00 PM
Hey guys,

Following up the posts on that it'd be a good idea to curate a list of bugs/feature requests and share it with Fimi, I created a Google spreadsheet where we can list these problems. I included a simple template and added a couple things, so if the bug/feature request you're looking for is not there, feel free to add it. If it's there, you can add your name to the list of people affected, so we can know which ones are affecting most number of people.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feel free to make suggestions on the format, it's just the first version, I'm sure we can make changes and improve.

Thanks.
Aug 19, 2019, 05:46 PM
Okay, here's my video showing the lack of definition top right of frame. I've emailed FIMI support from their website but can anyone tell me how quickly they respond?
XIAOMI FIMI X8SE at Littledale. (4 min 16 sec)
Aug 19, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan
Okay, here's my video showing the lack of definition top right of frame. I've emailed FIMI support from their website but can anyone tell me how quickly they respond?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh6z...ature=youtu.be
In my case, they responded within 24 hours.
Aug 19, 2019, 06:08 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Second post now updated with some more info on tablets:
(shameless aff links included)

Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using a tablet instead of your phone for the Fimi X8:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use a tablet with the Fimi X8 you can fit a 8” tablet in the transmitter (max. up to 209mm wide)

Most used tablet here is the Teclast M89, this is one of the only tablets that has a HDMI output port so can be used with goggles.!

All info about this tablet can be found HERE - be aware stock is running out on this model so be fast!

Telcast tablet with HDMI - around $139,- see THIS post

Be aware: The new “Pro” model of this tablet does not have the HDMI output anymore, therefor it’s not recommended to order that one!

Best alternatives (without HDMI) are these Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (not the Plus) models:

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 wifi Global 32gb - Around $179,-
http://bit.ly/2KKkrzD

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 wifi Global 64gb - Around $215,-
http://bit.ly/2P5aHnU Update: Coupon ($189.99): BGe5760c

Note: Wifi only models have no simcard and GPS, works fine however with the Fimi X8
(Can be used fine however together with your phone as data hotspot - but not needed to fly)

With data and GPS:

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 wifi + LTE Global 64gb - Around $268,-
http://bit.ly/2zaBuEs Update: Coupon ($207.99): BG8427db others: cee0e8 - aff7off

Note: The LTE version is with wifi, simcard option and GPS, best tablet for the Fimi X8 (again without HDMI)

Be aware:
All Mi Pad4 tablets come with a nice matte protection film on it’s screen.
- do NOT remove that protector as you will be sorry you did!
This screen protector helps a lot in direct sunlight!

Always make sure you get the GLOBAL rom version of these tablets, unless you can read Chinese!

Apple iOS: You can use the iPad mini's with the Fimi X8, both old and new models.

Bigger tablets can be used but a holder will be needed!

Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 19, 2019 at 06:38 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 06:16 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush007
Hey guys,

Following up the posts on that it'd be a good idea to curate a list of bugs/feature requests and share it with Fimi, I created a Google spreadsheet where we can list these problems. I included a simple template and added a couple things, so if the bug/feature request you're looking for is not there, feel free to add it. If it's there, you can add your name to the list of people affected, so we can know which ones are affecting most number of people.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feel free to make suggestions on the format, it's just the first version, I'm sure we can make changes and improve.

Thanks.

Think that's a great idea!

Did not get a lot of response on that post however... But if you can improve it and keep up with it to add more reports than I think it's great.

Quick Reply