Aug 14, 2019, 07:36 AM

New dji mini

New dji mini
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bunker
Crikey - that's not right ! I would send that video to Fimi, or ask the supplier to send it to them.
That is how white balance works over green. Grass is even worse. Fimi should fix it, but they likely do not have access to camera firmware engineer, and has not had for some time.
Aug 14, 2019, 07:53 AM
Hi.

I've received my replacement X8, and... I'm extremely disappointed with FIMI.

First of all, they sent it through the NL, which was flagged immediately for Portuguese Customs. They declared it as a "Intelligence Toy worth 20USD... So, I ended up paying more 120€ in taxes (regarding the value of the original one which did not pay). They must think the customs people are stupid, or something.

Secondly, they promised that for the costs I had in shipping fees to send the defective one to China, they would add an extra battery (the original one was swollen and therefore dangerous). When I opened the package... they didn't add any extra battery. It did bring only one attached to the drone.

So... Currenly, I admit I regret a bit not going for a Mavic Air. It did cost more, but I could have bought it from the EU and the support would probably be quite different.

At total, I've paid in shipping and customs more than 140 EUR... Which removes a lot of the price gap between them and DJI.

I've sent an email complaining, but I'm guessing they will do nothing about it.

Shame.
Aug 14, 2019, 08:33 AM
If the Mavic Mini comes out at $399 FIMI must hire a camera firmware engineer or they go out of business. The camera is currently the biggest problem of the platform as I see it.
Aug 14, 2019, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
You have every right to start a dispute on Paypal, but a police report

Hope you did not bother the police (that have better things to do) with a complaint against Banggood. Royal Shipments is clearly the party that messed things up with your order, not Banggood.
Actually banggood messed up too, because they changed the shipping and arrival dates on the order detail page, and that is fraud...
Luckily i have screenshots of both.

The reason for the police report is that Paypal demanded it in its dispute procedure:

Quote:
To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
Report specific details regarding the item you received
You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
The report must contain the following information:
It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
It should clearly explain the details of your issue
It must include the agency's or organization's contact information
Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.
All in all I expect Paypal to return my money. All my other orders even after this one came perfectly on time via PostNL, so no complaints, just this one with royal shipments.
Aug 14, 2019, 08:48 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginandtonic
New dji mini
Discussion about that is here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-powered-drone
Aug 14, 2019, 09:31 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by depiep
Hope you get it now fool ( no offense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
You got a "product shipped" mail when they shipped it. This should be fine for evidence towards PayPal, or to make a claim at your Credit Card issuer. I have 3-400 orders from Banggood, I was at 8% commision before they lowered it for hobbyists. I am also beyond 70 days, and I want banggood to honor the 60 days or full refund. If paypal does not decide in my favor I will raise a claim with credit card company. The 60 days or refund is part of what I bought, and they did not deliver what was ordered. PayPal guarantees you the same or better privileges than the credit card company. So they also failed to fullfill their agreement if not refunding me, and then I have a claim to bring to the credit card company.

I know that Banggood is not to blame for the delay, it is royalshipment that has failed. But it is banggoods fauld, and they should refund us the thousands of dollars as per their own terms. My first X8 shipped with RoyalShipments 1 week before arrived in a timely manner. And Eu Priority Line used to be fine, shipping with GLS from Belgium, and just a few days slower than EU Priority Direct Mail (PostNL), which is usually 2-3 weeks - sometimes faster, rarely slower.

So my only complaint here is banggood not refunding us, and in particularly me, as I paid shipping insurance. That guarantees delivery on expected day (10-15 business days) or 1 day refund.

My other issues with banggood has always been resolved witout a paypal case. Only HobbyKing has been better. I have had way more issues with AliExpress - Few fake tracking numbers, 2x packet with rags rather than electronics, very fake servos of very bad quality, sellers never shipping, trying to stall time etc. Still use AliExpress from time to time, but has more focus on sellers. Never had issues on eBay.

And I will never use wish.com again. All 3 orders I received very different products. And even when it started showing up, they told the rest of us (we were many jumping on the good offer) to wait until received before making a claim. They would not refund people up front, despite the seller being a crook. Guess they hoped we would forget and they could keep their commission.
As it clearly seems there are a lot of drones stuck somewhere in Europe I don't find it THAT strange BG is delaying refunds for now.
I doubt they will not refund if you guys don't get it in the end, but what would you all do when you recieve it after a refund? "Scam" them back and enjoy your free $400 drone?

From my personal experiance I say 100% sure paypal will refund you if you don't recieve it in the end. Why would they not?
But:

A. at this point Banggood CAN'T even refund as you opened a case already with Paypal.
B. Banggood provided tracking proof, so Paypal is monitoring that tracking and will step in on / just before the date you already recieved from Paypal.

(As Paypal are clearly THE experts on these kind of matters, it's not that strange they have a "cooling off period" of 2 to 3 weeks)

I've also had my fair charge of frustration with packages never arive / or very late, but I've always got my money back.

Missing packages on BG for me is probably somewhere 1 on 50 /75 orders, same goes for Hobbyking, Gearbest somewhere around 1 on 25 orders I think, but Aliexpress tops it all probably 1 on 10/15 orders never recieved. And even there without Paypal protection always got my money back.

Sure I fully understand it's VERY irritating when you are waiting over 60 days after it was shipped, and I sure don't want to make BG look better than they are but just trying to bring some common sence to the discussion. May remind you all we had a lot of us patiently waiting for 3 months in the beginning after pre-orders, some of us ordered from Gearbest had to wait up to 6 months I think.

If you can't handle the heat of waiting forever on a package, or a few weeks longer on a refund: don't order from China and pay double.
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 14, 2019 at 09:41 AM.
Aug 14, 2019, 09:44 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by copterquax

Hi guys,
I am a new member of your threat.
HELLO
My first question regards the fimiX8 video protokoll.
For my understanding, the USB socket of the Fimi RC controller is a usb c port which can transfer video signals. .... right?
( in my case to my ipad mini)
So, ... it should be possible to transform usb c fimiX8 video to HDMI via any external HDMI transformers electronic box, right?
I don't want using special touchscreens with HDMI output port application.
I would appreciate any idea regarding handling fimiX8 video protocoll and so on.

Regards
harry
Hi Harry,

Welcome to the thread, sit back and enjoy the ride!

May point you to the First and Second post in the thread, there are links pointing to a large post with info on using the Fimi X8 with goggles.
Info on using a converter in the case of a tablet without HDMI is also there!
Aug 14, 2019, 10:01 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by martainke
Actually banggood messed up too, because they changed the shipping and arrival dates on the order detail page, and that is fraud...
Luckily i have screenshots of both.

The reason for the police report is that Paypal demanded it in its dispute procedure:

All in all I expect Paypal to return my money. All my other orders even after this one came perfectly on time via PostNL, so no complaints, just this one with royal shipments.

If an Estimated shipping date or Processing time is important to you... I would advice next time to simply send an email to cancel the order once the date is pased. Than the next day open a case on Paypal so you have garantee your order will not be shipped.
In that case you will have your money back within a week!

Never seen / notist that "a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization." before.

In general all I do on a dispute is spend 10 seconds to write: Never recieved this item, please refund!

It's up to the seller to come up with proof that you recieved your package, I for sure am not wasting any of MY time when a shipment goes wrong.

Taking screenshots is always good, just safe them in case you could use them later if needed.

Think I remember now I had one time Paypal closed a case in favour of the seller a few years ago, but they quickly came back on that after I called them up by phone or send an email to complain (can't remember). Again after waiting till the case was closed, there's no need to do anything while the case is still open.

I do think Paypal also looks at the rate a person orders things online. If you ordered more they are quicker to close a case in your favour. Think that is the same on Aliexpress it's dispute program. Also always confirm on order pages when you have recieved an order. So they know you are a trusted buyer.
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 14, 2019 at 10:19 AM.
Aug 14, 2019, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronevideo
Is that from your experience, or others opinion?
Have a look at the Anafi thread here on RcGroup (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ew-Drone-Anafi), see how many professional videographer there are, and how they compare the Anafi videos favorably to the Mavic Pro and other similar drones. You will also not see all the problems pointed out here with videos, plus the availability of actual manual controls, over exposure warnings (zebra/histograms), properly works at 1080p 60fps with no artifacts, 120fps slow mode, ability to shoot upwards and no presence of propellers in any shot, etc.. The Anafi is smaller and half the weight, not to mention much, much quieter

Not to mention the Anafi has 1.4x zoom in 4k mode, 2.8x zoom in 1080p mode, and can do things like dolly zoom, a very cool effect

The Anafi video is significantly superior to the X8 in any dimension, even if on paper the 2 axis gimbal and EIS doesn't look that good. But Parrot invested significantly in software and the camera capacity is incredible (including HDR+). Arguably, the Anafi is much better than the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro, with only the newer and much more expensive Mavic 2 being better

And when found on offer, the cost is not that much more than the X8. I said it before many, many times: the X8 has terrific hardware with a lot of potential. But the software is a serious letdown, and the lack of progress in 7 months is starting to make me doubt it will ever get as good as it could be before the competition gets there, too
Aug 14, 2019, 10:33 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Be aware Parrot is moving out of the toy and hobbygrade drone marked, so future support on the Anafi might not be that great?

[edit] They are going to focus on the professional drone market mainly, not sure if that includes the Anafi but it would suck if you can't order spare batterys after a year for example.
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM.
Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 AM
I did the last firmware update. (FC 1056F) Everything was fine.
† But my RC is still 1019C. But it should already be 1020A. How do I upgrade the RC?

I've already asked, but I haven't got an answer: Is the flight log still not accessible to "ordinary" users?
Aug 14, 2019, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
Have a look at the Anafi thread here on RcGroup (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ew-Drone-Anafi), see how many professional videographer there are, and how they compare the Anafi videos favorably to the Mavic Pro and other similar drones. You will also not see all the problems pointed out here with videos, plus the availability of actual manual controls, over exposure warnings (zebra/histograms), properly works at 1080p 60fps with no artifacts, 120fps slow mode, ability to shoot upwards and no presence of propellers in any shot, etc.. The Anafi is smaller and half the weight, not to mention much, much quieter

Not to mention the Anafi has 1.4x zoom in 4k mode, 2.8x zoom in 1080p mode, and can do things like dolly zoom, a very cool effect

The Anafi video is significantly superior to the X8 in any dimension, even if on paper the 2 axis gimbal and EIS doesn't look that good. But Parrot invested significantly in software and the camera capacity is incredible (including HDR+). Arguably, the Anafi is much better than the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro, with only the newer and much more expensive Mavic 2 being better

And when found on offer, the cost is not that much more than the X8. I said it before many, many times: the X8 has terrific hardware with a lot of potential. But the software is a serious letdown, and the lack of progress in 7 months is starting to make me doubt it will ever get as good as it could be before the competition gets there, too
I am not disputing anything you say here, except for the fact that I, like most people here are not professional videographer's. I watch the posted videos here and I think most of them are fantastic, (I do see some bad ones) then I read your comments and you pretty much rip them apart.
I could not be happier with the quality of my videos and it amazes everyone I show them to. But, none of us are professional photographs. If you saw my videos you would probably find 13 things wrong with each one of them. But I think they are perfect.

I worked in the restaurant industry for many years in my past. I would walk into a restaurant and I would find a million things wrong with the place, I would start looking the minuie my car entered the parking lot. I would circle the building just to see their dumpster area and how clean it was. But the people I was with would think it was the greatest place on earth. It's all a matter of perspective. You pretty much dislke this drone and are in love with a Mavic Pro. I pretty much love this drone and have never even seen a Mavic pro. When I was out looking for a new drone I had a budget of $1000,00. I wanted long range and a gimble camera. My last drone was a Buggs2 which I likes as well. The Mavic was on my list, but I could not pass up on the X8 for $400.00 bucks over the Mavic that was close to $1000.00.

For ME and I say ME, it was the right choice. This thing had exceeded my every expectation and I have had none of the flight issues that others have had here. I see the latest issue you have had is with it landing wild. I have never experienced anything like that. It lands within a meter of where it takes off when I hit return to home. Nice and smooth until the final little plop.

So don't be so hard on this drone because you don't like it. It really hits a need for people like me. And FIMI canít make them fast enough as they are never in stock.
Do not take this as a criticism of what you are saying, you are probably right on all accounts, but consider this just another opinion.

Happy flying.
Aug 14, 2019, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca

Thanks for the link. Almost sold on the Anafi However, no doubt the Anafi video quality is better, and it is quieter. But, to say better than is an all embracing term. In terms of range, flight time, build quality and controller, the Anafi is not better than the fimi x8. And should firmware upgrades improve the video quality of the fimi x8, then the Anafi would be better in only 2 respects, quieter and 180degree camera tilt. Granted those are very important advantages, but everything else would be better in the fimi x8, arguably. Now, we just need the fimi team to give us the potential that is in the hardware so we don't swap for the Anafi instead.
I have something to say about the quietness which I will do in another post.
Aug 14, 2019, 11:21 AM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonb
I am not disputing anything you say here, except for the fact that I, like most people here are not professional videographer's. I watch the posted videos here and I think most of them are fantastic, (I do see some bad ones) then I read your comments and you pretty much rip them apart.
I could not be happier with the quality of my videos and it amazes everyone I show them to. But, none of us are professional photographs. If you saw my videos you would probably find 13 things wrong with each one of them. But I think they are perfect.

I worked in the restaurant industry for many years in my past. I would walk into a restaurant and I would find a million things wrong with the place, I would start looking the minuie my car entered the parking lot. I would circle the building just to see their dumpster area and how clean it was. But the people I was with would think it was the greatest place on earth. It's all a matter of perspective. You pretty much dislke this drone and are in love with a Mavic Pro. I pretty much love this drone and have never even seen a Mavic pro. When I was out looking for a new drone I had a budget of $1000,00. I wanted long range and a gimble camera. My last drone was a Buggs2 which I likes as well. The Mavic was on my list, but I could not pass up on the X8 for $400.00 bucks over the Mavic that was close to $1000.00.

For ME and I say ME, it was the right choice. This thing had exceeded my every expectation and I have had none of the flight issues that others have had here. I see the latest issue you have had is with it landing wild. I have never experienced anything like that. It lands within a meter of where it takes off when I hit return to home. Nice and smooth until the final little plop.

So don't be so hard on this drone because you don't like it. It really hits a need for people like me. And FIMI canít make them fast enough as they are never in stock.
Do not take this as a criticism of what you are saying, you are probably right on all accounts, but consider this just another opinion.

Happy flying.
Couldnít have said it better myself

Quick Reply