Jul 21, 2019, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKiller
I've contacted them about it on Fimi site so hopefully will hear back within the year. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been in talks with them?
My first email wasn't answered in 6 or 7 days, so I resent it. Then I got a dialogue going a couple days later, and they said the case had been made a priority (which they probably tell everyone). I've sent them videos, and then received stupid answers about camera firmware and blue tone in the images, as if that had anything with lack of sharpness...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
what is the truth about hyperlapse and panorama?!
Jul 21, 2019, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsfromheaven
...360-cam footage featuring the X8 SE in all its glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sarJmRD2iEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdcickle
I was mesmerized by this footage! It's the most interesting perspective I've seen in a long time!
Hey thanks Turdcickle!
I fly as much as I can with the 360-cam because it adds a whole new dimension/perspective to the hobby. My family particularly enjoys the 360-cam footage despite the reduced visual- acuity (stabilization artifacts, jello, varying resolution, etc.), which they don't seem to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionglzr
Would have loved to see some of the video shot in reverse to see drone with 360 cam.
Do you mean you'd like to see footage from a third, hand-held or optical-flow camera, showing the entire drone with 360-cam installed?

Otherwise, the drone-camera footage was unusable/boring since I was changing exposure and yawing rapidly to test the camera and gimbal. But I do have the original 360-cam footage if you were referring to additional perspectives from that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginandtonic
You can also remove the drone with post processing and have a "real 360" (by moving or "grabbing" the youtube picture with the mouse). (or with your finger on mobile phone youtube App).

Search youtube "DJi Mavic 2 drone removed from 5K Insta360 One X footage"

Link: ( youtube.com/watch?v=G0JbbV-Aeos)
Very cool! Thanks Ginandtonic for the tip!

I'm not sure how to eliminate the drone in post like that. Perhaps simply a wider stitch selection? Somehow, the technique used in that particular video limits the pitch/vertical axis, but the desired effect is achieved. I wonder if the cam was mounted atop or under the Mavic 2 drone in that case...?

I'll look into uploading the original 360-enabled footage of my X8SE flight to YouTube360, as that format has its own appeal. But all the workflow solutions (Insta360 Studio, Premier and DaVinci plugins, etc) seem to drive the output to 2D with ample use of keyframes to specify the point-of-view. I guess seeing what the author chooses is considered more 'artistic' in some circles. I wish there was a more flexible, hybrid, output option where you'd see what the author selects by keyframe, unless you move your phone in space (or otherwise manually drag the screen to another view or perspective). But 360-cam footage itself is quite flexible so maybe the tools will mature in the future.
Last edited by wingsfromheaven; Jul 22, 2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: wording
Jul 21, 2019, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacle_91
Hi there guys, this is my first post on this forum. I have been reading along quite a while and enjoy my X8 for some weeks now. As this is my first drone I have had some test flights and I'm really happy with it. Two weeks ago I took it to the real test and started filming during a weekend at sea. Getting to dynamic shots is the real challenge to make an interesting video, but I think I managed to get that for a bit. I'm pretty pleased as a newbie in drone flying.

https://youtu.be/lPUsQMx868Q

As more than a few noted on this site, I think the overall video quality is quite OK. I like the images you get from the drone. But there are a few thinks I don't like. The lack of getting real manual settings sucks.
Hopefully we will get a few fixes in a short while!

Anyway, I'm glad to join the discussion here on rcgroups!
Dude you nailed it! Great job with the cinematic clips, and transitions on the beat of the music!!

Welcome to the thread, and we look forward to more videos whenever you find the time.
Jul 21, 2019, 06:17 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Dude you nailed it! Great job with the cinematic clips, and transitions on the beat of the music!!

Welcome to the thread, and we look forward to more videos whenever you find the time.
Definitely nailed it where was this
Jul 21, 2019, 06:22 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Hey thanks Turdcickle!
I fly as much as I can with the 360-cam because it adds a whole new dimension/perspective to the hobby. My family particularly enjoys the 360-cam footage despite the reduced visual- acuity (stabilization artifacts, jello, varying resolution, etc.), which they don't seem to notice.

Do you mean you'd like to see footage from a third, hand-held or optical-flow camera, showing the entire drone with 360-cam installed?

Otherwise, the drone-camera footage was unusable/boring since I was changing exposure and yawing rapidly to test the camera and gimbal. But I do have the original 360-cam footage if you were referring to additional perspectives from that...?

Very cool! Thanks Ginandtonic for the tip!

I'm not sure how to eliminate the drone in post like that. Perhaps simply a wider stitch selection? Somehow, the technique used in that particular video limits the pitch/vertical axis, but the desired effect is achieved. I wonder if the cam was mounted atop or under the Mavic 2 drone in that case...?

I'll look into uploading the original 360-enabled footage of my X8SE flight to YouTube360, as that format has its own appeal. But all the workflow solutions (Insta360 Studio, Premier and DeVinci plugins, etc) seem to drive the output to 2D with ample use of keyframes to specify the point-of-view. I guess seeing what the author chooses is considered more 'artistic' in some circles. I wish there was a more flexible, hybrid, output option where you'd see what the author selects by keyframe, unless you move your phone in space (or otherwise manually drag the screen to another view or perspective). But 360-cam footage itself is quite flexible so maybe the tools will mature in the future.
WOW the way you put it I think thats what I would like to see
Jul 21, 2019, 06:44 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario20vest
what is the truth about hyperlapse and panorama?!
Mavic has it and Fimi won't lol
Jul 21, 2019, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Mavic has it and Fimi won't lol
We don't know that for certain, do we? That said, to me it would be more important if they concentrated on adding proper manual settings for the camera in video mode. Panorama can be done in post without much effort, and you can also create a hyperlapse without having a specific hyperlapse function in the drone software.
Jul 21, 2019, 08:50 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
We don't know that for certain, do we? That said, to me it would be more important if they concentrated on adding proper manual settings for the camera in video mode. Panorama can be done in post without much effort, and you can also create a hyperlapse without having a specific hyperlapse function in the drone software.
In order of why I bought the X8:

Manual cam controls. Was and still am frustrated with the cam controls in Mi4K, but it appears they just carried over that system to the X8.
Flight duration. They succeeded with that one but that's mostly a math problem.
Range. Again, math, power vs antennas.
PL. Love this feature on the P4P especially if something were to happen to the TX. Was flying the P4P today and time after time it returned to the picnic table on my deck, 3 ft one way and it hits the house, 3ft the other way and it misses the deck entirely, no futzing around with detecting this or that, it just works.
ALL of these things were featured prominently in the Fimi ads.

Meanwhile Fimi is bricking peoples quads while they try to figure out the diff between HS and VS .

Honestly I don't remember running out of range or duration with the Mi4k or really even the Hubsan 502s when it comes to getting something accomplished, it's just cool. I generally have no trouble getting to within 1K of where I want to record.

Some people think asking for what was advertised is just plain crazy because: it's only $400.
I say don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:09 AM
Hi Guys,i am new.i have problems with smart track.when drag and select in smart track, phone freezes for couple of seconds.any solution?factory reset the drone can help?pls help?
Jul 22, 2019, 12:33 AM
Registered User - Italy
Finally in vacation �� fimi x8, wind 25-30 km/h, hand take off, hand landing, no problem everything smooth.
Jul 22, 2019, 01:18 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

New stock Fimi X8 EU warehouse!

Morning guys,

Just a heads up to those in Europe looking to get the Fimi X8: Geekbuy recieved new stock in their EU warehouse in Spain.

Probably not the cheapest price but fast at your doorstep, and easy return / warantee if needed.

Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 4K 5KM GPS WiFi RC Drone RTF White [ES Warehouse]

Try coupon code 3Z8VTPNJ

No idea how many they have in stock, might be gone soon! [edit: only 5 pieces in stock)
(other links and coupons can always be found in the first post)

Cheers!
Last edited by Justapoke; Jul 22, 2019 at 01:41 AM.
Jul 22, 2019, 01:21 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by orelslo
Hi Guys,i am new.i have problems with smart track.when drag and select in smart track, phone freezes for couple of seconds.any solution?factory reset the drone can help?pls help?
Doubt it has anything to do with the drone.

Might try removing the app / cashe and install the app again on your phone.
Jul 22, 2019, 02:43 AM
deleted

Quick Reply