Jul 09, 2019, 03:46 AM
I knew it guys, geek buying replied to me after payment and stated that the battery cant be shipped and the order needs to be canceled, just as I knew will happen lol
Now I am really stuck with a non working drone and forced to slowly build my own
Last edited by quetiano; Jul 09, 2019 at 04:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetiano
I knew it guys, geek buying replied to me after payment and stated that the battery cant be shipped and the order needs to be canceled, just as I knew will happen lol
Now I am really stuck with a non working drone and forced to slowly build my own
You can likely get somebody here in this group to send one to you.

I can send you one as Registered letter for DKK 120 ($18). shipping with PostNord. Supposedly 5 workdays to South Africa.

I paid $85 for it. It is my 3rd not-yet-open-the-box battery. So $100, and I can give it a try. I will send as a normal person, not a business. Your risk / customs. Can list low value, say $20, Can throw somethin in the box and send it as battery packed with equipment according to this slip:
https://www.postnord.dk/siteassets/p...oc-lithium.pdf

PS: As I read this:
http://www.fedex.com/dk_english/lear...batteries.html

We have a battery with < 100Wh, so it should be possible to say enclosed in equipments, since it is completely encapsulated in the battery outer shell with the balance board :-)
Last edited by povlhp; Jul 09, 2019 at 05:14 AM.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp

I can send you one as Registered letter for DKK 120 ($18). shipping with PostNord. Supposedly 5 workdays to South Africa.

I paid $85 for it. It is my 3rd not-yet-open-the-box battery. So $100, and I can give it a try. I will send as a normal person, not a business. Your risk / customs. Can list low value, say $20, Can throw somethin in the box and send it as battery packed with equipment according to this slip:

We have a battery with < 100Wh, so it should be possible to say enclosed in equipments, since it is completely encapsulated in the battery outer shell with the balance board :-)
How nice to see that there are still nice people in the world.
You're a great guy.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:27 AM
My batteries from AliExpress seller finally arrived after nearly 2.5 months (ordered late April) and as I guessed it, sent the wrong quantity. I suppose I should be happy they actually sent anything given how low my expectations actually are from this seller. So naturally I open new dispute seeking partial refund and they want me to close it.. this saga is never going to end

TLDR; When buying batteries, spend a few more bucks and buy it from a reputable seller, its not worth the savings.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
No, I'm self-taught in CAD design. But I have designed a lot of stuff over the past few years, so my skills have become decent.
What CAD sw are you using? I have been toying with Fusion 360, and find it quite capable!
Jul 09, 2019, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp

Whooo hoooo....Thank you so much povlhp, you and 777MARTIAN are extremely helpful and caring on the non-blessed South Africans ...really really appreciated!!! I am not sure when these batteries will ever be available again to be shipped to SA, even though they mentioned that its a maybe sometime in the future, I must sit with a drone for so long, hence wanting to put my own drone together.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:44 AM
I'm continuing my camera investigation saga. Today the weather is sunny, and attached are two new images, one from the X8 and one from the S7 (phone). Both are stills grabbed from a 4k video, and both are 100% crops of the same area in the image. No corrections of any sort has been done.

I'm seeing one particular flaw in the X8 image, and that is there is this glow/haze on all details in the brightly lit white house and fence to the right in the image. This also causes lack of contrast, so details are clearly lost. Not sure if this just indicates a poor quality lens, or if it means the lens wasn't entirely clean during assembly.

But then if you look closely at the two tree groups (the two "humps" of trees) in the center of the image against the sky, the X8 image resolves more detail than the S7 (at least the same), and that is a very long distance (around 1 km) away. This indicates that the camera isn't really back-focused, I think.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhelmer
What CAD sw are you using? I have been toying with Fusion 360, and find it quite capable!
I am also using Fusion 360. It is in no way perfect, but for hobbyists and makers it delivers a lot of features for no money.
Jul 09, 2019, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetiano
Did you ever try over bidorbuy? Theres one for R1800. Its expensive, but depends on hoe desperate you are. I'm sticking with one battery since I only fly short intervals to get shots and only during holidays, but if you're flying more it might be worth it.
Jul 09, 2019, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 574Y51CK
I have a parcel coming from banggood in the same location, contacted royal shipments and they gave me a tracking number for post nord. However is still in "longdon" They said last Thursday it will take 10 business days to be delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how did you contact royal shipments?
Jul 09, 2019, 09:58 AM
Hello again Bigdickrick, thank you for your awesome help.
Unfortunately R1800 is quite steep for a battery, I think I fall into that category where I am desperate, but not so bad for the price.
Lets see what happens soon, if 777MARTIAN or povlhp helps me, then at least I can have my fun while I save up slowly and purchase part by part for my own drone.
PS: I already have a few components from my previous failed aeroplane attempts, the i6 tx and rx, a booster for it, a few escs, an apm 2.6. , two batteries 2700 mah and 4200 mah.
I need to purchase a flight controller, motors and escs for those motors as my current new escs are around 20a or 30a, I have to check. I also have to check which motors are good for long range.
The camera and receiver can wait till later.
Jul 09, 2019, 10:24 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
I'm continuing my camera investigation saga. Today the weather is sunny, and attached are two new images, one from the X8 and one from the S7 (phone). Both are stills grabbed from a 4k video, and both are 100% crops of the same area in the image. No corrections of any sort has been done.

I'm seeing one particular flaw in the X8 image, and that is there is this glow/haze on all details in the brightly lit white house and fence to the right in the image. This also causes lack of contrast, so details are clearly lost. Not sure if this just indicates a poor quality lens, or if it means the lens wasn't entirely clean during assembly.

But then if you look closely at the two tree groups (the two "humps" of trees) in the center of the image against the sky, the X8 image resolves more detail than the S7 (at least the same), and that is a very long distance (around 1 km) away. This indicates that the camera isn't really back-focused, I think.
If you look at the sky the X8 is clearly less exposed, but for me the S7 is still much sharper, easy to see on that small section of roof tile above/behind the trampoline.
Samsung is well know for thier cameras, so they probobly put more effort into thiers than Fimi did.
A drone is such a mish-mash of capabilities that something is bound to suffer ( and no, I'm not ok with that since it only cost $400 ).
Jul 09, 2019, 10:25 AM
So are we thinking it's ok to update this pos this week? The FB group posted another lost X8 today.
Jul 09, 2019, 10:29 AM
This is from the Phantom group thread but, if true, is good to know:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Did you charge up and top off the battery in the drone to 100% before the flight? If not, this is the classic result of flying on a battery in storage mode, where the cells are not properly balanced during the discharge and can have large voltage discrepancies between the four cells. Topping off the battery before flight rebalances them properly. If any one of the four cells ever drops below 3.0V, the battery shuts off, to protect the battery, even in the air! This can easily happen during a full throttle ascension on a battery that is unbalanced from storage mode that may even report 85% remaining battery. Ask me how I know!
Jul 09, 2019, 10:52 AM
Spvtav
Hey guys. Just order from Banggood, but I do have the mi 4k. Of course the price dropped today to $409 from $424. Not too broken up about $15, but still grrrr!
Anyway just posting to say this is the lowest I have seen since the $399 pre order.

Quick Reply