Jun 25, 2019, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo647
Nice! At what height was it shot? What is the maximum allowed legal altitude for a drone in your city?
Thanks. The backwards shot at the beginning reached 120m. And the rest of the video also not above that height. Otherwise the law is outdated and concerning drones regulation is even missing. I generally look at the DJI NFZ map and also know the plane landing corridors and avoid them and the airport
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca
I doubt it will work with all the movements and vibrations in a drone, but in some cases flex cables can be joined with strong adhesive tape and the traces re-joined with conductive glue (then covered with tape). Not likely to last long, though, but might be worth a try

It takes some time to expose the original conductive traces by abrading away (or separating the flex layers).

Your best bet is to ask Fimi for a spare part
That's what I'm thinking as well scraping it and use some conductive glue.
I'll also try contacting Fimi, thanks!
Jun 25, 2019, 12:39 PM
Captive User of public service
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosmoke
So I'm after crashing my drone into my caravan, was 2m high and 2m away from it, instead of pushing the altitude stick I pushed the other joystick .. full speed.
t is better to go out of the caravan before taking off!
Jun 25, 2019, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
The Samsung 360 cam seems like a good candidate to be top mounted on a Fimi X8.
That design would be optimum for minimizing the moment arm affect on flight characteristics (if that really matters relatively speaking) but i would do some research because the Samsung was not mentioned in any up-to-date reviews when i was looking into these cams in February 2019.

Otherwise, for top mounting, the higher the better above the drone for viewing angles and minimizing props in view.
Jun 25, 2019, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosmoke
So I'm after crashing my drone into my caravan, was 2m high and 2m away from it, instead of pushing the altitude stick I pushed the other joystick .. full speed.
1 arm broken, I have ordered it from eBay, should be here in a month (cables are still ok).
Gimbal can't initialise .. so opened it and noticed there's a broken flex cable from the gimbal yaw motor.

Trying to find a solution but these flex cables are tough to repair, I never repaired one actually, is there a place where I can order one yaw motor or full gimbal?
Or if you have any repair ideas .. they are highly welcome..
Here is some moron selling the replacement camera and gimbal for 500 bucks on Ali Express.
So there is hope it will come at a reasonable price.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/33011...AbTest=ae803_4
Jun 25, 2019, 02:06 PM

Underside camera mount

Allright, even if I don't need this, I spent some time (too much) designing a camera mount for the underside of the X8 as well. Design is similar to my first mount, but this one will block the optical flow camera, and it will obviously be necessary to hand launch and land as well.

This one is a bit stiffer than the top mount one, so it would stay in place even without any rubber bands, I think. It will of course need to be bent out a little to pass over the drone body, but when it's on, it fits very well on the drone.

Pictures are attached. I'll probably just upload both mounts to Thingiverse, and hope that people will respect the non-commercial license.
Jun 25, 2019, 02:22 PM
Hey, I have a great Idea for someone who has time and wants to make some money. But a few of these drones, strip them down and sell the parts on eBay or what ever other market there is out there.
You could easily double your money on each drone.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonb
Hey, I have a great Idea for someone who has time and wants to make some money. But a few of these drones, strip them down and sell the parts on eBay or what ever other market there is out there.
You could easily double your money on each drone.
It's really questionable. You can already buy arms with motors for ~$25, shipped worldwide, and it's really hard for any individual to ship something for much less than that, especially if you need to insure it to avoid problems. The only other part likely to have any demand, is the gimbal/camera. Pretty much everything else is unlikely to have problems even in a crash

Shipping LiPos is a nightmare, and basically impossible as an individual, so unless you find someone locally, even the battery is a no-go

The problem is that whoever might need a part is unlikely to be in the same country, so shipping costs will be high, and the parts you can sell not that many (how many people will need a motherboard?). Add eBay/Paypal fees and the inevitable problems with someone receiving a part and claiming that it was damaged/didn't work on arrival, and I seriously doubt you could break even, even without factoring your time into the equation.

In years past there were a lot of hobbyist that decided that selling drone parts on the internet was a good business. Very few of them are still around, and most lost money. Making money selling on the internet is pretty hard
Jun 25, 2019, 06:02 PM

Camera mounts published

I have now published the two camera mounts I designed:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3713687

If any of you decide to test any of these, please post pictures and results here.
Jun 25, 2019, 06:30 PM
unionglzr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
Allright, even if I don't need this, I spent some time (too much) designing a camera mount for the underside of the X8 as well. Design is similar to my first mount, but this one will block the optical flow camera, and it will obviously be necessary to hand launch and land as well.

This one is a bit stiffer than the top mount one, so it would stay in place even without any rubber bands, I think. It will of course need to be bent out a little to pass over the drone body, but when it's on, it fits very well on the drone.

Pictures are attached. I'll probably just upload both mounts to Thingiverse, and hope that people will respect the non-commercial license.
Without optical flow sensor what does that effect
Jun 25, 2019, 06:49 PM
Received the silicone feet I ordered from the ebayer in Greece. They fit very well. He did a good job of designing and printing these. The camera now sits 1 inch above the ground when the X8 is resting on it's front legs. They were $19 with fastest shipping to USA and I received them 7 days after ordering. I like that you can open and close the legs without a need to remove them. Pricey, maybe, I feel they were worth it.
Jun 25, 2019, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionglzr
Without optical flow sensor what does that effect
Certainly you will lose any ability to do "Precision landing" (which is a moot point anyways, due to having the camera hanging under the drone), and I am also guessing that hovering horizontal drift may be worse (but only if you are close to the ground). At height, the optical flow sensor is fairly useless anyways.

So all in all, I don't think there is much to be lost, but as I haven't tested this myself, I am just guessing (albeit somewhat educated).
Jun 25, 2019, 09:17 PM

Help

Can somebody help?
Every time I charge my battery and put it back in the drone. The Fimi app doesn't open when I power on the transmitter. I literally can't get it to work right now

So the Fimi Navi App isn't automatically opening.
Last edited by AyRico; Jun 25, 2019 at 09:27 PM.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:40 PM

Two buttons on controller MUST turn white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyRico
Can somebody help?
Every time I charge my battery and put it back in the drone. The Fimi app doesn't open when I power on the transmitter. I literally can't get it to work right now

Don't connect the phone/tablet cable unless both controller buttons turn white.
Then connect USB cable and Fimi Navi App will open automatically.

Note: the screen must be unlocked for it to work the best.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyRico
Can somebody help?

Never would for me. But I have to approve and enter pin each time.

Quick Reply