Jun 12, 2019, 09:33 PM
For those with the X8 where the rubber feet are falling off, what sort of glue are you using to reattach?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2019, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipero
It fits very well. I am impressed with the design. Like original from Fimi... ohh wait I forgot, they don`t have any
I would love to purchase this from someone,who is selling them?I don't have a 3-d printer,where is the best place to get it printed online,thaanks in advance..
Jun 12, 2019, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
A 2-axis compensates up/down and tilted horizon - And it always points the direction of the nose of the drone (DJI Spark is an example)
It is a 3-axis gimbal, so it is supposed to compensate in all directions for uncommanded movements, so if you do a yaw (point to a new heading) with the sticks it should follow the heading of the drone smoothly (following a curve - Starting and stopping slowly).
If no yaw input, then any sideways rotation is considered noise and vibration that should be removed by the gimbal.

Gimbals are really old-school. The new thing is ultra wideangle with a gyro. Like the Insta360 OneX.
See here, especially 2nd half. You can see lots of drone movement, but camera stabilizes. This is done by capturing more than is needed (Overcapture), and using a gyro to pick the relevant part of the image. GoPro Hero 7 does the same thing but with less than 360 degrees.
https://youtu.be/a-iogUk7ZBc

Will do some OneX footage with my X8 when I get it.
I got a one x too, in the first several days, you will find it's fun to use, but just fun, after some days, you will find it's boring, the low quality video and fragile body, and only use with it's own app, can't work with an anction camera.
Jun 12, 2019, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navis
I got a one x too, in the first several days, you will find it's fun to use, but just fun, after some days, you will find it's boring, the low quality video and fragile body, and only use with it's own app, can't work with an anction camera.
The OneX is 1920x1080 for 120deg FoV in 5.7k
You need to edit on PC to get the full 5.7k.
On phone it is just 4K. So only 1300 pixels wide for 120 deg.

Video quality is fine if you do not zoom beyond 120deg. And you use PC software. I used CyberLink Powerdirector on Windows. FCPX on MacOS. Both can use proxy media to allow editing on slower machines.
Last edited by povlhp; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Jun 12, 2019, 11:46 PM
I have been asking Fimi for some time to provide a video or pictures showing how to replace a broken front and rear arm.

Fimi support replied to me yesterday :-)

A voila

How to disassembly and install FIMI X8 SE drone back arms (28 min 19 sec)
Jun 12, 2019, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavuk
I have been asking Fimi for some time to provide a video or pictures showing how to replace a broken front and rear arm.

Fimi support replied to me yesterday :-)

A voila

https://youtu.be/-kA2V6QeYwg
That is great service. Manufacturer providing diy repair videos.
Jun 13, 2019, 12:33 AM
So about the fake chargers on Ali..

I requested a real life picture a while ago. After a few weird messages from them, this is what they sent me today.

It looks different than on the product page on Ali, and actually looks more real since it actually has 3 converters. However, the whole thing looks kind of frankensteined together and I have my doubts whether Fimi would use such a design. But maybe they did? If it's real, I think the sellers on Ali faked the product picture because they didn't receive the supply of chargers yet and just guessed what it would look like.
Or maybe it is fake. No idea.

But I'm thinking, even if it is not official, that looks like 3 official chargers fused into 1 triple charger. Good deal anyway, if it works.
Last edited by McPoopyPants; Jun 13, 2019 at 01:08 AM.
Jun 13, 2019, 12:51 AM

About fake? chargers on Ali

@McPoopyPants: this would make the deal better IMHO.
But I'm also surprised of the price: between 2 chargers + 1 battery and 3 chargers + 2 batteries, only 20 EUR difference ??
Jun 13, 2019, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke

By the way arent you the one running a Fimi thread on Facebook where you block other affiliates?
Did you find your deleted post on FB back?

Talking about respect... has to come from both sides.
Yes this is the point.... who replied to all facebook posts.... also in mine post, writing "not use BIG** are only for MI 4K owners, advising instead to use your link refer.... who did that?
using a fake account... i blocked that account, no time to lose with fake accounts

you start to not respect, and remember i never quoted you and youre'not the boss of this forum! you can close this tread?? ahhahha losing 31-33USD for every FIMI X8 sold with your refer?? don't make me smile

i'm so sorry to the others, for this off-topic post

Soon as possible i'll share other video and tests with My FIMI X8, i was thinking a comparison with Zino (just for 4K video performance) or also with my Mavic AIR, with Mavic 2 PRO i think isn't necessary or yes?
Jun 13, 2019, 03:17 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
I would love to purchase this from someone,who is selling them?I don't have a 3-d printer,where is the best place to get it printed online,thaanks in advance..
Where are you located, approximately? If I make one for myself maybee I can make one for you.
Jun 13, 2019, 03:21 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Two questions:
How do you cache maps in the app?
How do you save waypoint missions?
Jun 13, 2019, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMess
RTH of course!

It was so sudden and unexpected that I still can't believe it!

I have left RC, extra battery and extra propellers and a bag of course!

Sh*** happened

Maybe FIMI figure something out (fingers crossed).
Tomorrow day two of searching! Ehh
I feel your sadness... I was lucky mine not falled down far away from me. Hope you can find it!
Do you have screen recording?

Anyway something is surely wrong with these X8 drones, too much similar falls: drift left and uncontrolled down. I hope they still found the solution just they don't want to tell the world to blame the product.
Jun 13, 2019, 03:39 AM

accellerometer error

hi guys.
i got my drone yesterday but it did come with the accelerometer error. what are the news about it? is anyone getting answer, money or new drone back? is anyone trying to contact FIMI about it and what do they anwer? bc at this point in time it looks like there are many bugged dones around. and looks like they are sending override firmware to fix it. the fact is that if you check the sensor page the value of that sensor will be still. so there are people around flying x8 with missing sensors and on top of that FIMI is silent.. if they had recognized that is a weak point they will introduce the fix in new update so when your sensor is boken you won't even notest ..
Jun 13, 2019, 03:47 AM

accellerometer error

i got my drone yesterday but it did come with the accelerometer error. what are the news about it? is anyone getting answer, money or new drone back? is anyone trying to contact FIMI about it and what do they anwer? bc at this point in time it looks like there are many bugged dones around. and looks like they are sending override firmware to fix it. the fact is that if you check the sensor page the value of that sensor will be still. so there are people around flying x8 with missing sensors and on top of that FIMI is silent.. if they had recognized that is a weak point they will introduce the fix in new update so when your sensor is boken you won't even notest ..
Jun 13, 2019, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
The "Drone overloaded Fly carefully" appear when the drone fight against the wind to maintain a certain airspeed. The ESC pump too much power to the motors and the drone overheat.

I noticed that happening when RTH is active and the drone try to keep flying at 10 m/sec.

WHAT TO DO?

If the message "Drone overloaded Fly carefully" pop up, let go of the throttle .
Let the drone hover and let the electronics cool down. Even change direction of flight, go down wind in an arc to return to home.

JUST DON'T FLY FULL POWER.

Note. I like to feel the motors after returning of a flight...high winds.. is the motors HOT.
My drone motors is always lukewarm.

BTW. did you find the drone?
### I believe the RC play big part to FIMI x8,i just can't understand WHY? the RC keeping charge power the phone ,tis might cause power lose to RC under curtain circumstances,DJI R.C does not work in such matter.....hope FIMI team can correct that point .The RC power all time stable navigate the 'bird'as mr Martin have to carry Power bank to support the RC....he make the right choice i guess that....

Quick Reply