Jun 09, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanbur
I'm sorry, but I didn't hear a thing. I am debating, this drone or a Mavic Air. I have the money saved for a Mavic, but this gets about 10 minutes more flight time per battery. How do most feel here. Am I better off spending the extra cash and getting 22 minute flights or buying a FIMI 8X and getting 33 or so minutes and having $200 in my pocket?
Standur. I am no drone expert. But when I purchased my x8, my budget was 1,000 dollars. So I could have gotten many drones. But I chose this one and bought a ton of options. Goggles, extra batteries, props. 8 inch tablet all for well under the 1,000 I was planning to pay for just the drone
And mine has worked flawlessly.
But, others have not been so lucky.for me, the x8 was the right decision.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2019, 10:21 PM

Having fun,still hot motors

Fimi X8 better Video quality than both Dji Mavics (3 min 18 sec)
Jun 09, 2019, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0cKPitVuE 777
Horizon level appears to go off after 1m 12s cut.
Jun 10, 2019, 12:08 AM
Did anyone get new FW update prompt today?
Jun 10, 2019, 12:27 AM
Captive User of public service
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Did anyone get new FW update prompt today?
An update that would allow to make updates by the usb port, in addition to those that one can already do by the sd card?
Jun 10, 2019, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris42
An update that would allow to make updates by the usb port, in addition to those that one can already do by the sd card?
Could be some sort of recovery mode like ADB for phones? Does the X8 run Android like the Mavic?
Jun 10, 2019, 02:30 AM

FW update on June 10

RC Relay (1019B), Vision (1039A), FC Relay (1019B) are updated.

After update completion observed following;
A) FPV screen wa black out - Disconnect/Reconnect USB cable from controller to solve. 28sec
B) Vision showed N/A - Disconnect/Reconnect USB cable from controllr to solve. 1min35sec
C) Update prompted in white - Did reconnect procedure 1min59sec
D) FPV screen did not follow gimbal movement - Disconnect/Reconnect USB cable from controler solved. 3min17sec

After all the issues solved in update procees, all switch off and reboot controller, X8 and smart phone to check the all functions and it worked well. 4min12sec

Have not checked how these FWs update work.
Will check in test flight.

Time chart is;
28sec Update complete
Black out FPV screen
Disconnect USB cable from controller
35sec Reconnect USB cable to controller
41sec FFPV screen back to normal
50sec Check parameters
1min35sec Vision N/A
1min48sec Disconnect USB cable from controller
1min53sec Reconnected USB cable to controller
1min59sec Update turned to white to update
2min10sec Click update
2min42sec All update/reconnect procedure completed
2min53sec RC Relay 1019B, Vision 1039A, FC Relay 1019B
3min17sec FPV screen unable to follow gimbal look down/up
3min28sec Disconnect USB cable from controller
3min33sec Reconnect USB cable to controller
3min42sec FPV screen back to normal to follow gimbal lookdown/up movement
4min3sec All FWs are available
=======================
4min12sec All switch off and reboot to check function
4min50sec All FWs available
5min18sec FPV screen follows gimbal movement
All O.K.

FIMI X8 FW update June 10 (5 min 30 sec)

FW update history of my X8 is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Aiolosimport
Jun 10, 2019, 02:42 AM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
More sailing footage with X8.Still very impressed with this drone for the money ,and am confident to fly over water for long periods.Having four batteries allowed me to film two one hour races,though my controller battery ran out so didn`t get to film the rest of the day.
Video is very long so don`t watch it all,its more for the benefit of the sailors.Filmed in 2k 30 FPS,auto settings.

West Lancs Yacht Club 125th Anniversary Regatta -Race one. (35 min 17 sec)
Jun 10, 2019, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Bullit
... my controller battery ran out so didn`t get to film the rest of the day.
Plug a power bank into your controller, to extend flying time.
Jun 10, 2019, 03:35 AM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
Plug a power bank into your controller, to extend flying time.
Thanks,I do have one ,but forgot to bring it .
Jun 10, 2019, 05:03 AM
I've published my clip-on extension legs now, in case anyone is interested:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3682466
Jun 10, 2019, 07:45 AM
My Fimi is very close to my house from slow boat now, so I would like to be prepare and have one question which confuse me.
I have experience with Hubsan H109s and JJPRO x5 only and both of them requires calibration everytime I start or replace the battery. This type of calibration work perfect for them:
How to Calibrate The Compass of ALL DJI Drones! (3 min 7 sec)

As I read here on the forum it`s necessary to do the calibration first time when I receive the drone and then forget about if the bird is flying well, Is that right?
Can I use same calibration method as shown on someones video above?
Jun 10, 2019, 08:27 AM
albertocvr
After update the last firmware today , I notice less range ( Europe ) , do you notice the same ??
Jun 10, 2019, 09:19 AM

New gimbal protector

I've designed my own gimbal protector for the X8, and it is a bit different to the existing ones. As you can see from the images, it is a bit larger, and has a completely different attachment mechanism.

I'm not a big fan of trying to attach the protector to those small tabs on the inside of the gimbal cavity, so instead I opted for hooking it onto the sharp inner edges of the motor arm mounts. This works beautifully, there is just one downside: The motor arms must be folded in to attach the gimbal protector. And also, the gimbal protector must be removed before unfolding the arms. Not really a big issue in my opinion, just something to be aware of.

My protector also rests against the drone body, and probably (I don't want to test) can take a bigger hit without damaging the gimbal than (most of) the other designs out there.

I will publish it to Thingiverse if there is any interest.
Jun 10, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroek
I've designed my own gimbal protector for the X8, and it is a bit different to the existing ones. As you can see from the images, it is a bit larger, and has a completely different attachment mechanism.

I'm not a big fan of trying to attach the protector to those small tabs on the inside of the gimbal cavity, so instead I opted for hooking it onto the sharp inner edges of the motor arm mounts. This works beautifully, there is just one downside: The motor arms must be folded in to attach the gimbal protector. And also, the gimbal protector must be removed before unfolding the arms. Not really a big issue in my opinion, just something to be aware of.

My protector also rests against the drone body, and probably (I don't want to test) can take a bigger hit without damaging the gimbal than (most of) the other designs out there.

I will publish it to Thingiverse if there is any interest.
Great job MROEK!!
I am very interested, please publish it. Thank you!

Quick Reply