Dec 11, 2018, 09:30 AM
Regarding No Fly Zone, are there any maps with NFZ that FIMI uses avaliable? For every country?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2018, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
If anyone is looking for a new TF Card to go with this Drone, then GearBest has this one on sale.

https://www.gearbest.com/memory-card...ml?wid=1433363

I have one and it works fine.
For the capacity that's pretty cheap.

Read speed is fine at 98MB/s but its write speed of 30MB/s won't do you much good while filming for instance at 4K (or 1080p60 for that matter)
Dec 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garysnr
If anyone is looking for a new TF Card to go with this Drone, then GearBest has this one on sale.

https://www.gearbest.com/memory-card...ml?wid=1433363

I have one and it works fine.
Crappy card, stop buying sh*t and buy a good one: https://oss.yitechnology.com/actionc...s_sdcard-2.png these ones are all prepared for [email protected]
Dec 11, 2018, 06:20 PM
Just ordered mine!
Dec 11, 2018, 11:05 PM
I gotta see this. If this drone is anything like their phone's it's going to be sweet.
Dec 11, 2018, 11:09 PM
Sold out! Orders ship Jan 15th gonna be over a month before we hear anything.
Dec 11, 2018, 11:24 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
In the meantime listed on GB here

Still not ordered one, I'll probably just wait on a good deal later, like they had in the past with the Mi 4K.

Season will not start here for months anyway, hate flying in the cold
Dec 11, 2018, 11:46 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster210
I gotta see this. If this drone is anything like their phone's it's going to be sweet.
The Fimi company does not make phone's

But yeah theire products ARE related, and on par with other Xiaomi products. (Xiaomi is in most cases a distributer, not a producer)

Have not used a Xiaomi phone myself yet, but do love my Mi Pad 4 tablet. And already have a lot of other Xiaomi products that are just ALL great quality.

I do already own a lot of their Domotica and home appliance products from their Mi Home eco system, Xiaomi / Aqara / Philips lightning etc. all use it in everyday life. You just can't go wrong with their stuff, especially not for the prices they currently go for.

If not familiar with the Mi Home stuff might have a look at the video below.. (even has the Mi drone in at the end)

Xiaomi Smart Home Products Explained (8 min 13 sec)
Last edited by Justapoke; Dec 11, 2018 at 11:53 PM.
Dec 12, 2018, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
The Fimi company does not make phone's

But yeah theire products ARE related, and on par with other Xiaomi products. (Xiaomi is in most cases a distributer, not a producer)

Have not used a Xiaomi phone myself yet, but do love my Mi Pad 4 tablet. And already have a lot of other Xiaomi products that are just ALL great quality.

I do already own a lot of their Domotica and home appliance products from their Mi Home eco system, Xiaomi / Aqara / Philips lightning etc. all use it in everyday life. You just can't go wrong with their stuff, especially not for the prices they currently go for.

If not familiar with the Mi Home stuff might have a look at the video below.. (even has the Mi drone in at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpb-ZiQvuZ8
Sorry, but one CAN go wrong with Xiaomi devices if one follows hype only and does not double check the facts
Projecting the quality and value of Xiaomi smartphones onto prospective drones is a bit too optimistic I'd say.
One thing to consider that Xiaomi became a large conglomerate that acquired dozens of promising startups over short period of time in order to build their Mi Home ecosystem. The experience may vary from device to device as they are designed by different companies and share the branding mostly.

Let's take the Mi Home crypto-advertising from the video above - sure it is great and good value BUT IT WAS designed for Chinese market for most of the part hence most of their smart devices are not available in official distribution outside of China. There are few consequences like lack of support (sorry sir, this device is not supported outside of China, they are not even listed on EU/US Mi Home servers), lack of compatibility (the Mi smart light switch is square while light switch boxes in Europe are round).

When it comes to drone - let's face it: drone business is not Xiaomi's main concern and they are lacking a long term interest in that industry. It's more like push it to the market and forget it approach.
They already demonstrated that they are unable to utilize the potential of existing platform which was very promising indeed (detachable gimbal, long battery life, stable airframe). Lack of manual camera settings, sub-par app experience (haven't they seen DJI Go or Solo app ever?), lack of flight plans (point-to-fly after takeoff is not a flight plan) could and should had been addressed since the product is in the market for like 2 years now. Let's not even mention the notorious "compass interfered" thingy that obliges users to takeoff in north-south orientation only...
There is no way to get Xiaomi/Fimi drone repaired outside China either - no official or unofficial service chain / spare supply (DIYing with parts from AliExpress is your best bet and I assure you - this is not what the majority of drone industry follows).
And the new ones basically killed the Mi Drone 4k since noone will ever pay $499 for something that is bulkier and less capable that the X8.
I doubt Fimi/Xiaomi will demonstrate more devotion to the X8 after the initial launch therefore thanks, but no thanks for X8.

I did not get the above from thin air - my current Xiaomi stock is: Mi Max 2 (best Xiaomi experience so far), Mi Desk Lamp (replaced under warranty - make sure you have one), Mi PM2 sensor (works just fine), Mi Drone 4k (for sale due to lack of use)
Last edited by jjacks; Dec 12, 2018 at 01:57 AM.
Dec 12, 2018, 07:07 AM
It looks like the presale of the FIMI X8 SE finished.

Now we have this message: Note: FIMI X8 SE will be shipped on Jan.15th,2019.
And before we had that they will have presale till 15th of Jan ...
So they got small quantity or they just sell them very quick

Personally I ordered about 1-1:30 hours after I saw the ability to order it on and my order ID is ending with 70 something.... so I guess for those 1-1:30 hours they sell at least 70 drones.

Anyone ?
Dec 12, 2018, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosz

Personally I ordered about 1-1:30 hours after I saw the ability to order it on and my order ID is ending with 70 something.... so I guess for those 1-1:30 hours they sell at least 70 drones.

Anyone ?
I ordered 14 hours ago at US$399 + US$15 shipping with order number around 540.
Then probably 4 - 5 hours later I ordered, web shows out of stock.
So may be pre-sold around 600?
Dec 12, 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiolosimport
I ordered 14 hours ago at US$399 + US$15 shipping with order number around 540.
Then probably 4 - 5 hours later I ordered, web shows out of stock.
So may be pre-sold around 600?
600 is not small amount for such a short period...I don't think Zino has been sold that quick ...
It was out of stock yesterday also for some hours then it wen back in stock and now maybe it finished finally ...
What I am wonder why they add those 15$ shipping ? I don't really think this is shipping cost but they just wanted to increase the price and adding this 15$ is a bit more ...acceptable way of doing it. I got mine for free shipping. I hope they will not use some Chinese or Singapore post ...which can take e month and even more for a delivery ...
Dec 12, 2018, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosz

Anyone ?
My order ID end with 00138
Dec 12, 2018, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN
My order ID end with 00138
Mine ends with 044.
I wonder if anyone here has 001
Dec 12, 2018, 08:17 AM
Aliexpress have them....pre order.

That is a $180 different compare to the pre order price I paid.
Last edited by 777MARTIAN; Dec 12, 2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply