May 19, 2019, 11:48 AM
Top speed Test
Top Speed test FIMI X8 SE (1 min 2 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavuk
I launch from a farmer's field. One direction is fields and I get 600m that way however I have to fly over 60ft trees.

The other direction is urban and over another wall of trees. That way I only get 200m range
I've just got 1km out in the sticks no problem. It still had 2 bar strength so I imagine it could have gone much further.

I have set my limit to 1km for the time being until my battery is fully primed.

19 Sats and ideal flying conditions. No drift worthy of any mention on take off or landing. We are taking 10-15cm at best. No Gimbal Horizon issues, no nothing. It flew absolutely spot on and the battery does seem to last an age
May 19, 2019, 12:27 PM
For all you risky indoor wedding photographers. At the end he shows a small sample of the post production.

FIMI X8 SE Indoor Lowlight Video Quality Test (6 min 47 sec)
May 19, 2019, 12:35 PM

Issue with colors....

I am using fixed ' Cloudy' white balance, but colors change in video and picture just depending on what is in the frame....
Why is that?
I attach examples same WB setting just different gimbal tilt with less or more clouds/sky.

Same happens in video with fixed white balance and color profile, I use F-LOG for video.
Video footage (grass has light blueish tint first and bees attacking FIMI, than with more sky in the picture grass becames deep warm green with yellowish tint):
VID 20190519 142219 0082 (2 min 11 sec)

As I see it is related to exposure.
The sony sensor has blueish highlights and yellowish shadows in its dynamic range but I hope there will be some working fix for this...
If we could get an EXPO lock feature it could fix it... but setting expo manually with no feedback is not a working way
Last edited by FotoAmg; May 19, 2019 at 12:41 PM.
May 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
For everyone who want's to downgrade or recover a bricked drone. Or just if you want to know how Fimi implemented the update process. Most of the documentation is now up!

https://github.com/wladimir-computin/FimiX8-SDFG
May 19, 2019, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoAmg
I am using fixed ' Cloudy' white balance, but colors change in video and picture just depending on what is in the frame....
Why is that?
Noticed the same behaviour, since you have a nice sample i would contact fimi on that. ( [email protected] )
May 19, 2019, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Pointer
For everyone who want's to downgrade or recover a bricked drone. Or just if you want to know how Fimi implemented the update process. Most of the documentation is now up!

Wow so one could be able to downgrade to an iniziale fw with fcc/ce and just upgrade to latest camera , we have fimi navi apk 1.0.3 on apkpure that has ce/fcc switch.
May 19, 2019, 01:21 PM
Yes, this would be possible. Please report, if you test it.

However I think it will be possible in near future to enable FCC mode by flashing an OTA package. I just need help in unpacking that FC-Relay firmware image.
May 19, 2019, 01:22 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

Could not resist

Still waiting on my replacement transmitter, but could not resist and went out for a quick flight yesterday.
Figured I can simply just always turn right instead of left - so what the hell

Was out of town anyway, so drove a bit further to some farm fields.

Drone was flying perfectly fine dispite my left stick problem, do think I need to do a solid calibration again because I had a little bit of tilt now.
(drone was given quick calibrations on al parts the other day, while I was in the field testing my TX problem)

No drifting problems or anything, solid flight performance and realy a joy to fly.
Went out about 1200m before I turned around. Could have gone further because had no connection breakups at all.
My iPhone had 4G and wifi hotspot turned on all the time. Forgot to turn it off after loading map.

Tested PL twice, just for the sake of it. Used the black side with orange H-sign this time. Both PL's failed. One about 1m, the other 2m I think.
No problem for me, would be nice if they can fix it in firmware.

3 RAW clips uploaded, for those interested to see. (again just raw material, not a lot interesting to see)
I did play around a bit with the right-dial exposure this time, but found it hard to see on the tablet what gives the best result.
Wheather was clouded, still refection on the screen is always a problem for me to see details. I did not bring my goggles as it was an unplanned flight.

Video looks fine to me, seeing the light conditions and time. (end of day)
I do agree the image is a bit soft, but most people wouldn't even notis that anyway. At this price-range, Fimi has ZERO to be ashamed about

Wishlist for current version: Fix the minor firmware problems, make the app fully functional.

Wishlist for the V2 / Pro version in 2020:
- A top quality lens.
- maybe some obstacle avoidance sensors (not that I realy care for myself)
- make the damn feet simply 10 to 15mm longer.

Keep it under the 500,- range (should be easy to do) and it would also sell boatloads.

Clips of my flight:

4k VID 20190518 171653 0002 (5 min 23 sec)

4K VID 20190518 172216 0003 (4 min 55 sec)

4K VID 20190518 172714 0004 (5 min 37 sec)
May 19, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Pointer

The download of the fw-download folder completed leaving all auto
Then i tried to download and buld the image but java thrown exception :

Code:
java -jar X8UpdateGenerator-1.0.jar -i auto -u rc rc_relay fc fc_relay esc gimbal camera nfz ota
>>>>FIMI X8 SE firmware file generator<<<<

[+] No firmare JSON file specified, will try to get one from: https://fimiapp-server-frankfurt.mi-ae.com.de/v3/firmware/getFirmwareDetail
[>] Done!
[>] Got 12 firmwares.
[>] 9 are FIMI X8 SE firmwares.
[+] Downloading x8s-R16
[>] x8s-R16 passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading ESC
[>] ESC passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading FC Relay
[>] FC Relay passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading RC Relay
[>] RC Relay passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading RC
[>] RC passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading Gimbal
[>] Gimbal passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading Camera
[>] Camera passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading Flight Control
[>] Flight Control passed MD5 check..
[+] Downloading NFZ
[>] NFZ passed MD5 check..
[+] Copying firmware files
[>] Copying fw-download\x8s-R16
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.ByteBuffer.flip()Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;
        at x8sdk.update.fwpack.FirmwareBuildPack.mergFwDataFile(FirmwareBuildPack.java:140)
        at x8sdk.update.fwpack.FirmwareBuildPack.createUpdatePkg(FirmwareBuildPack.java:44)
        at Main.main(Main.java:187)
How can i know previous firmwares json location?
May 19, 2019, 02:14 PM
Registered User - Italy
Hi to all,
I am from Italy and I am new here with this beautiful drone !!
I just ordered this hardcase from Banggood:
https://.banggood.com/Waterproof-Har...05.html?rmmds=.
I am wonder if someone got the same and can says itís really waterproof.
I ask because we will be in vacation in a small island and most of the time we will be on a rubber boat.
May 19, 2019, 02:22 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Aimone
Hi to all,
I am from Italy and I am new here with this beautiful drone !!
I just ordered this hardcase from Banggood:
https://.banggood.com/Waterproof-Har...05.html?rmmds=.
I am wonder if someone got the same and can says itís really waterproof.
I ask because we will be in vacation in a small island and most of the time we will be on a rubber boat.
Welcome Marco,

I should recieve that case within the next few days. Will report back but I think you will be safe with it.
May 19, 2019, 02:29 PM
Registered User - Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Welcome Marco,

I should recieve that case within the next few days. Will report back but I think you will be safe with it.
Thank you Justapoke, Iíll wait your review.
May 19, 2019, 02:35 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Hand launching a GPS drone.
I think you got what you deserved, did you get the awe you were hoping for from the audience?
You can hand launch just about any drone. It looks like the operator failed to throttle up past idle. DOH!
The best hand launch drone I have seen is the Parrot Anafi. Scared the crap out of me the first time I tried it! (you have to toss it up with blades at idle speed, then the Anafi take over)

Parrot Anafi, How to Hand Launch & Landing (1 min 10 sec)
May 19, 2019, 03:14 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
I say stay away from handlaunch a drone unless you HAVE to.

Things can always go wrong. I had a prop strike from a small foamie airplane a few years ago, still did serieus damage to my arm. Result was visit to the hospital.

I learned for live that day. No matter how cool it looks to hand launch or land, I just don't do it when there's no need for it. Having your fingers cut is even a lot worse than having a huge yawning wound in your arm.

I prefer backache from picking it up each time

Quick Reply