Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham2405 View Post
The manual I got from the Fimi website has this paragraph:

Hovering on the Edge of No-fly-zone
The drone will automatically hover in the restricted flight area designated by
the state, such as the edge of airports, and the App will appear corresponding
hints. The user can use sticks to control the drone to evacuate from the edge
of no-fly-zone, but sticks cannot control the drone to fly into the no-fly-zone.

I sent an email to Fimi asking for a map of the no fly zones and got this response:

There is no NFZ outside China

来自钉钉专属商务邮箱

Notice: This message contains FIMI trade secrets, please abide by confidentiality obligations, do not disclose to others. Thank you!
注意 : 本邮件载有飞米公司商业秘密,请您遵守保密义务,勿向其他人透露。谢谢合作

I was looking at the app just last night and in the map box there no NFZ where there have been two in the past, whether that would change if I had the drone in hand and bound-up I don't know.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2019, 07:47 AM
February 10, 2019 (24 min 53 sec)

Flight time: 25 min

Video: 1080p/ 100fps
Setting changed: saturation, 64
Contrast,64

This video is looking better then that of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom that was flying with the Fimi X8

Max range so far: 2.3 kms
Last edited by 777MARTIAN; Feb 11, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
Feb 11, 2019, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN View Post
https://youtu.be/cgpCs_FekhA

Flight time: 25 min

Video: 1080p/ 100fps
Setting changed: saturation, 64
Contrast,64

This video is looking better then that of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom that was flying with the Fimi X8

Max range so far: 2.3 kms
Looks nice..
But I'm wondering how can you get the range of 2 km or what am I doing wrong. What's the position of RC antennas in your case, if it make some bigger difference at all?
And can you make it land exactly on the take off point (does it "recognise" it, like they said it should, or it needs some tweeking)?
Feb 11, 2019, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso0 View Post
Looks nice..
But I'm wondering how can you get the range of 2 km or what am I doing wrong. What's the position of RC antennas in your case, if it make some bigger difference at all?
And can you make it land exactly on the take off point (does it "recognise" it, like they said it should, or it needs some tweeking)?
The Fimi X8 range keep increasing, first time, 400, 1400, 1800, now 2.3kms. The controller direction indication still seems wrong.

Camera setting do make a big differents, so keep playing with it.
Feb 11, 2019, 08:34 AM
Has anyone gotten shipment info from Gearbest yet? I'm in the US, pre-ordered on 12/24. When I log into my account it just says "not shipped".

Thanks.

P.S. - it's not the wait that's bad, it's the not knowing, lol...
Feb 11, 2019, 09:41 AM

Still waiting...

Ordered from FIMI website on 2018/12/11.
Later, almost 2 months, Paypal sent me a notification saying FIMI updated order with shipment info:

2019-01-29 07:14
Puurs, The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

No change since. Anyone from Portugal that received it already? This is nerve-wracking!
Last edited by fjpcoelho; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:09 AM.
Feb 11, 2019, 10:34 AM
St. Augustine, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.mwpropane View Post
Has anyone gotten shipment info from Gearbest yet? I'm in the US, pre-ordered on 12/24. When I log into my account it just says "not shipped".

Thanks.

I ordered from GB on 12/21/18 and realistically I don't expect delivery in the US until end of Feb or early March. I think the deliveries that are taking place are mainly from the initial FIMI Web Site Pre-Order promotion that shipped after Jan 15, 2019.
Feb 11, 2019, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.mwpropane View Post

Thanks.

I ordered 1st Jan to the UK. still in the waiting state on Gearbest
Feb 11, 2019, 10:57 AM
All the orders received so far come from Fimi, the 10 Dec '18 pre- orders.
Feb 11, 2019, 01:28 PM

Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE Maiden Flight Test Review

Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE Maiden Flight Test Review - [Lots of Pros & Lots of Cons] (38 min 30 sec)
Feb 11, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777MARTIAN View Post
All the orders received so far come from Fimi, the 10 Dec '18 pre- orders.
Mine's finally made it to the UK,
"2019-02-11 08:21 International Hub, Arrived in the UK"
Now waiting for it to clear customs, before I can receive it.
Feb 11, 2019, 01:58 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Dustin's usually pretty rah rah, but he seemed less than enthused with the x8, the tracking doesn't work very well at all.
I have a feeling Fimi has shorted itself on internal memory for the software and definitely rushed it out, no reason for the v-s and h-s speeds and distances to not have been noticed before production.
Think I'll prolly wait for V2.
Feb 11, 2019, 02:14 PM
Information from FB group, regarding short range:
"Este dron puede operar conforme a normas CE o FCC, CE es la norma europea que limita las antenas para que no lleguen mas de 500m lo ideal, igual que pasa con los DJI, es que de alguna forma puedas hacer que el dron funcione en modo FCC con lo cual no pierdes señal porque permite que las antenas funcinen con toda su potencia, y queda bajo tu responsabilidad no sobrepasar los límites marcados por la ley. en la versión anterior de la aplicación se podía cambiar de modo entre CE y FCC pero ahora han quitado esta opción. esperemos que en futuras actualizaciones vuelva a estar disponible de esta forma podrás ponerlo en modo FCC y no perderás la señal al poder aprovechar la potencia total de las antenas"

In english (Google translate):
"This drone can operate according to CE or FCC standards, CE is the European standard that limits the antennas so that they do not reach more than 500m ideal, like what happens with the DJI, is that in some way you can make the drone work in mode FCC with which you do not lose signal because it allows the antennas to work with all their power, and it is under your responsibility not to exceed the limits set by law. in the previous version of the application, mode could be changed between CE and FCC but now this option has been removed. we hope that in future updates it will be available again in this way you can put it in FCC mode and you will not lose the signal to be able to take advantage of the total power of the antennas."

If that's true and if one in EU won't be able to change that setting very soon, I'm ready to return the drone and ask for a refund, because that's nothing but fraud by the manufacturer.
The last thing I would do is buying a drone with <500 m range and nothing about that was said in the first place!
Feb 11, 2019, 03:21 PM
Quote:
If that's true and if one in EU won't be able to change that setting very soon, I'm ready to return the drone and ask for a refund, because that's nothing but fraud by the manufacturer.
The last thing I would do is buying a drone with <500 m range and nothing about that was said in the first place!
The Fimi site is crafty because it just lists the maximum controllable distance as about 5000m!

Personally a 500m rock solid connection distance in EU mode, even in spite of WiFi interference, would be more than enough to fly VLOS. I've had my Spark get deeply unhappy flying over a house less than 50 feet away from me.
Feb 11, 2019, 04:28 PM
Hi I‘m new here, but following this group since I ordered the X8 in Jan.

Range: Recognized the first changeable mode (FCC or CE) in the early android app, too. Felt a bit disappointed, when I saw the missing optiin after one of the first updates. Question will be: how is the transmission power (25 mW in CE mode, 125 mW in FCC mode) set? Surely during first turning on. By the serber via Internet? By GPS? By selecting the region in the app? The latter would be easy...maybe too easy. Can someone try that?

Order: I ordered on Jan the 4th at GB to Germany. GB account still sais „not shipped“. So I also don‘t have a tracking number. Perhaps FIMI will continue work after that week (end of chinese new year), wait and see what‘s there.

Greetings Flo

Quick Reply