This thread is privately moderated by ClayH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 06, 2018, 03:37 PM
Trader Rating: 162
$625.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Customized Rahm's winch and retriever setup

Since I haven't used this winch in over 5 years, it is time to put in into the hands of someone that will enjoy it. Did a complete teardown and rebuild in 2009, used the winch for a couple of local contests and occasional flying with friends. Rebuild included new powder coat of the frame, rebuild of the 6V Ford long shaft motor, professional polishing of all the aluminum parts. New Real Balls motor endcaps. new pillow block bearing, new solenoids, and wiring, then the custom Black Widow sticker. Footpedal works great too.

Also included is the Rahn retriever. Simple, works well and includes all the accessories such as a very nice turnaround, parachute and guide for the retriever line. Also includes a toolbox for holding all these items with stakes, landing tape and misc. swivels and extra parts( including an extra rotor/Main shaft for the Ford motor) to keep things running well for years to come. Will include several rolls of new line as well if I can find them in the garage.

$500 for winch and turnaround
$150 for the retriever and accessories.

$625 for everything. Would prefer local sale for obvious reasons. Heavy to ship, but will consider it at buyers cost.
Last edited by ClayH; Dec 08, 2018 at 04:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2018, 11:36 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Where are you local to?
Dec 07, 2018, 12:26 AM
Local is Southern California, near Disneyland, 92840
Dec 07, 2018, 03:38 PM
Trader Rating: 5

turnaround

talk to me a bit more about your turn around... how it works, a better picture too??
Dec 07, 2018, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmurray
talk to me a bit more about your turn around... how it works, a better picture too??
The turn around uses about a 4 inch wheel on ball bearings in a very sturdy aluminum housing. It has three holes on the base for stakes. Dont know if the wheel is made of metal or a hard plastic like Derlin, but it is very smooth.

Will post more pics tonight
Dec 08, 2018, 04:45 AM

Turnaround pics

Just added a few pics of the primary turnaround as well as an additional turnaround I will include as well.

Quick Reply