Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by BillPitman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 06, 2018, 01:22 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Sold

Saito FA-80

New to this forum.
Have been out of the r/c hobby for quite a long time.
However, I do have a Saito FA-80 4-Stroke I would like to sell.
The engine has never been out of the box, and I think, what a waste!
Want a firm $175 for the motor. All tools & paperwork & manual are included.
I can take some pictures, if someone is interested.
Contact me at bpitman51@gmail.com

Bill Pitman
Milford, Pa.
Last edited by BillPitman; Dec 06, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2018, 02:18 PM
Trader Rating: 0
lets recap
- no picture
- not even 24 hrs as a RCGroup member today the 6th
Dec 06, 2018, 02:51 PM
Trader Rating: 25

What do you care????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrpileofU95
lets recap
- no picture
Seriously, why bash his ad? You have ZERO feedback and joined 5 months ago!
If a member wants to "take a chance" in dealing with him, thats completely up to them. I had three ratings 6 months ago....we all start somewhere.
Also his pics probably didnt want to upload (its been an issue for a lot of RCG members since the website maintenance).
To the OP, good luck with the sale, its a good price for a NIB Saito 80....Happy Holidays

Best regards,
Ed
Last edited by Warbird40; Dec 06, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Dec 06, 2018, 06:32 PM
Trader Rating: 43
jhastings
I agree. Give the guy a chance. This may be his first time at any rc forum and may just be learning. You have the option to pay him with paypal i would imagine and if not, then dont worry about it. The price he is asking is fair for that engine. I have 4 or 5 of the saito 80's used and i wouldnt take any less than $125 plus shipping and fees and they wont even come with a box manual or tools.

If paypal not an option, then let the buyer take the chance if they want.

Happy Holidays as well

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird40
Seriously, why bash his ad? You have ZERO feedback and joined 5 months ago!
If a member wants to "take a chance" in dealing with him, thats completely up to them. I had three ratings 6 months ago....we all start somewhere.
Also his pics probably didnt want to upload (its been an issue for a lot of RCG members since the website maintenance).
To the OP, good luck with the sale, its a good price for a NIB Saito 80....Happy Holidays

Best regards,
Ed
Dec 06, 2018, 06:46 PM
Trader Rating: 47
Hi Bill:

On behalf of the unassuming, non-captious folks here, welcome.
Glad to see a fellow Pennsylvanian back in the hobby.
Personally I believe everyone should have hobby and this one happens to be the best.

Good luck with your sale, but you might kick yourself someday for selling such a great engine.

If you need any help, just ask . There is a legion of knowledgeable and kind people here eager to assist and give advice.

stins
Dec 06, 2018, 08:38 PM
Trader Rating: 145
If Seller accepts Pay Pal paided Goods or Services then I would give him the opportunity for his 1st sell
Dec 06, 2018, 09:03 PM
Huh, just trying to give someone a good deal......
PayPal yes.....
Credit rating is at 840,........ I'm a good risk!
If I can, I wll upload picture tomorrow....... If not will send photos to 2 people who have asked for pictures
Bill Pitman
Dec 06, 2018, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrpileofU95
lets recap
- no picture
I joined just so I could post this Saito for sale!
Been looking at this engine, in my basement, for many, many years.
Dec 07, 2018, 04:58 AM
Trader Rating: 120
Engine man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stins

Good luck with your sale, but you might kick yourself someday for selling such a great engine.
Agree 100% with the statement above.

Email sent requesting pictures
Dec 07, 2018, 08:22 AM
Am not insulting or bashing anyone, your judgement is way off...

A very very very simple observation noting things that if he corrects them has more chance of getting it sold quicker. I have one of those engines, besides the 56, 82 and a 100 on the Saito line.

Am not personally attacking anyone, contrary to what others have done on this thread directly doing so to me.

Good luck on your sale
Dec 07, 2018, 11:34 AM
Trader Rating: 25
My judgement might be off, but I am not the only one who thinks your post came across as rude. I am not personally attacking you, its just funny how you pointed out his zero feedback when you have zero feedback as well. Also, how can he "correct" his feedback without making the first sale in order to sell this engine quicker?

Anyhow, Happy Holidays to you as well.

Best regards
Ed
Last edited by Warbird40; Dec 07, 2018 at 11:44 AM.
Dec 07, 2018, 04:46 PM
Am I selling something?

And the seller HAS NOT contact or replied stating am rude.

I wish him luck, for all I see am the only one telling him why he has not sold it yet, and no one has offered yet to help him out upload w all their feedback.

BillPitman- if you need help uploading, IM me and I can send you my email and will upload on your behalf.

cheers and happy holidays
Dec 07, 2018, 05:27 PM
Trader Rating: 59
A man with a plan
I don't want to get into the philosophical discussion of whether or not anybody is bashing anybody else, but I would like to point out that it's unwise to post your email address on the web, and it's bad form to post other people's email addresses on the web, because of the multitude of spambots that go around harvesting email addresses. Bill, please edit your post and delete the emails to spare these folks from an onslaught of spam. I would send a private message, but I think a lot of well meaning folks could benefit from this advice. Also, to Bill, you're the manager of this thread, so you can delete unwanted replies, including this one, as you choose.

Thanks
Rob
Dec 07, 2018, 05:55 PM
Trader Rating: 145
PM Sent I will Buy
Dec 08, 2018, 08:00 AM

My apologies.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsaworkbench
I don't want to get into the philosophical discussion of whether or not anybody is bashing anybody else, but I would like to point out that it's unwise to post your email address on the web, and it's bad form to post other people's email addresses on the web, because of the multitude of spambots that go around harvesting email addresses. Bill, please edit your post and delete the emails to spare these folks from an onslaught of spam. I would send a private message, but I think a lot of well meaning folks could benefit from this advice. Also, to Bill, you're the manager of this thread, so you can delete unwanted replies, including this one, as you choose.

Thanks
Rob
Please note, I have deleted the message containing the emails.
My intentions were for those interested in the sale, to see the order of interest for the item.
I apologize to those folks I may have caused any harm.
Since I am no longer an active member in the hobby, I will delete my account
and move on.
To the 4 people who showed an interest to purchase, I will let you know if and when a sale has been made!
I will leave the post up for several more days(unless a moderator deletes it),
and then hopefully delete it.
Again, sorry for my lack of thoughtfulness....
Bill Pitman

Quick Reply